Booking Bench Time...

England-Kev

Reaction score
I am still up for having the pushrod tubes/seals replaced with shiney bling stainless new ones, parts shall be ordered this week, camping gear is all ready to be loaded, looking forward to meeting a few of you.:thumb2

So who else is wanting their bike on the bench?

:beerjug::beer::beerjug::ChrisKelly

Theres space enough for every one,

I think one or two will want to see how to replace the buggers...
When you get your new ones see if you have an old socket the size of the OD we'll use that as a drift to get old 'uns out, then put head on the BBQ to warm it so as to slot the new 'uns in :thumb2

There will be enough workshop space and time for everyone. We should have 3 hydraulic lifts and enough tools and equipment to go around. I have my PD Classic on my lift at the moment awaiting its gearbox re-installation. To one side I have my wife's R80 which has been stripped to last nut and bolt and had every metal part powder coated. We might build this back up to a complete running bike over the weekend. :)

I've got enough tools to cover most things so it is easier if people don't bring their own tools as less chance of getting them mixed up.

My bikes will take secondary priority of course as I can fix them up afterwards.

My parts arrived today, I have been checking the camping gear, lubricating my liver, and have stripped and sonic bathed the new carbs, ready to be built this weekend and taken out for a test run.
Looking forward to the weekend, it will be my first camp of the year:thumb2:bounce1

Look forward to seeing how the pushrod tubes and seals are changed have got to replace those on my 80/7 sometime, got a temperary repair of a jubberly clip and gasget card covering a rust hole at the moment, would post a pic of this wonderful repair job but working at the moment:(, so maybe latter. Will there be time to take part in the workshop and go for a ridout:confused: is one wee-kend long enough?

As I'm not allowed to fit tyres (done that now thanks) I'd like to clean out the oil filter thingy in the sump and fit fresh oil.Please.

Who's doing the work on the bikes? Have you got Andrew Sextons guys and Monk coming along?

Any electricians coming along that could help sort out the tangle of wires that is camilles headlights :augie:augie

Main beam works, dipped has stopped working. Tail light works ok too :nenau

Any electricians coming along that could help sort out the tangle of wires that is camilles headlights :augie:augie

Main beam works, dipped has stopped working. Tail light works ok too :nenau

I'll help you with that Flip :thumb2 I'll bring some wiring gear with me.

Bench time

Folks
if and only if there is time and others dont have more important probs. to sort, I would like to change my para boots which are knackered and at the same time check out the shaft.
I have all the kit except for the white spline grease, and the special loctite for the rear para bearing. Can someonr tell me what to get ?
Ta
Mike

bench time

I have the bolts Proff, and an output bearing although that prob doesn't need doing. I got all this a while back when I thought the shaft had gone, but it was only me being a dick in how I fitted an exhaust !! -- but I did not get the grease or loctite

Back
Top Bottom