What Time Are You Planning On Rollin' In?

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Originally thought that I'd get there early to mid afternoon but then thought again and decided that I'd take the scenic route:-

If I get held up behind too many tin slugs I can always cut out the Poolewe loop. With an early start I'll probably be in late afternoon. To which pub should I return Johhnie's salute?

I'm really looking forward to this GOTC.

Your multimap link is a' skew whiff :(

Well, if I leave on Friday AM i'll get up there late, I would think probably 6 or7.00

I'm gonna try and get some miles in on Thursday evening and try and find some digs in the Penrith area perhaps, that will be 4-5hrs closer and give me an easy day on Friday, though knowing me if I leave on Thursday night i'll just keep going and end up in Ullapool early friday morning and get a kip in a deckchair on the beach:rolleyes:

Looking forward to it:thumb2

Shep

Ah well I'm too late to edit it out now.

Leave Glasgow, head north over Erskine Bridge, west side of Loch Lomond, Crianlarich(sp?) Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, A82 to Invergary, A87 to Auchtertyre, A890 to Ledgowan, A832 to Poolewe and onwards to the A835 if time permits other wise continue direct to Gorston, turn left to Ullapool on A835.

How long would the Poolewe loop take? It's new roads for me but looks like about 75 miles so maybe two hours or more with caravans and some single track.:nenau

I've fully prepared the bike, that means I've freed off the caliper pistons and fitted new tyres so full performance available.

Ah well I'm too late to edit it out now.

Leave Glasgow, head north over Erskine Bridge, west side of Loch Lomond, Crianlarich(sp?) Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, A82 to Invergary, A87 to Auchtertyre, A890 to Ledgowan, A832 to Poolewe and onwards to the A835 if time permits other wise continue direct to Gorston, turn left to Ullapool on A835.

How long would the Poolewe loop take? It's new roads for me but looks like about 75 miles so maybe two hours or more with caravans and some single track.:nenau

I've fully prepared the bike, that means I've freed off the caliper pistons and fitted new tyres so full performance available.

Depends on stops but as a rough guide at a fast-ish pace-Achnasheen to Gairloch 30-35 minutes, Gairloch to Ullapool 50-55 minutes. The remaining single track road is the last 3-4 miles before Gairloch. Not too much problem with overtaking caravans/campervans etc but watch out for sheep and occasional goat after Gairloch!! It's a great run and well worth it.

Ian

what time youre rolling in

thursday afternoon for me,about 4.30 coming from north of england,anybody going up then? im on the campsite 1150gs

thursday afternoon for me,about 4.30 coming from north of england,anybody going up then? im on the campsite 1150gs

Slparry and I are travelling up as far as Loch lomond on thursday, finding accommodation there and finishing the ride on friday. Camping too
Stewart

If i leave Leicester at 14:00 on Thursday what time will I get to Ullapool? :)

Who's Lester? :confused: Why not just bring him with you?

Sort out the stupid web address that's making this thread a foot wide in packers post and in the quote of it you made and I'll tell you :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom