Maison Laudeire - Normandy

Thanks for the comments GreatScott

Was great to meet you all and very glad you pointed out I did not 'do-up' Honfleur, our place was hard enough!

We knew that de-humidifier would come in use one day to dry all that kit out :D

Hope to see you all again in the future.

Take it steady.

Cheers Mr & Mrs Tank :thumb2

Excellent B&B

Stayed with Carol & Nigel on way out, and way back from Britanny (July '10).

Excellent modern accomodation, spotlessly clean and very reasonable rates.

Arrived Sat 3/7 after long hot ride with the Mrs on back, we pulled up on gravel drive to have a quary tile 'placed' under the side stand for me before getting off - now that's service!!! After a shower Nigel offered to run us into the local town and collected us again later after a meal out.

On the way back on 10/7 was welcomed again with the quarry tile and a cold beer. Ate in this time. Good home cooked food, three courses + wine. Fantastic!!

Will definately be back!! A 5 thumb rating from me :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Check out their website for more info http://www.maisonlaudiere.com

Thanks for the 5:thumb2 rating Martin

Was great to meet you and Vicky, you managed to time the visit well as had rain this morning for 30 minutes for the first time in 3 weeks or more :D

Hope Casper was happy to see you!

Look forward to seeing you again perhaps for that visit to the Haras du Pin.

Regards Nigel & Carole

RE excellant B&B

Hi there, sounds a good place, quarry tiles, cold beer, food (burgers) & all in France :blast Do you take harley's ? Just in case like:rob
Just thought I would ask.. Jake.

Harleys????:ymca

I'm sure he will!!

Get along to Bagnoles for some excellent Normandie cider too:beerjug::drool

Hi Jake

Sorry for delay in seeing post almost too scared to say it but yep we do and have had two couples stay with us week before last on Hogs!!

I had to put the Hogs inside one evening when it started to rain just to save on all that polishing :D

Hi Piebaps thanks for the recommendation on the Cider in Bagnoles! Just back from there this evening! Good to see you on the IOM during the TT I am still trying to keep to normal speeds over here :D

I hate to say it Tank, but if it rains I want my GS putting inside in August when my wife and I pop over for a few days too! :hide I do like keeping her clean! :augie (my bike that is!)

Ah, Udders I had this vision that you Tossers were into having your bikes looking as if they have been around the world all dirty, etc not gleaming!!

Will you be wanting to use the jet wash thingy too after your ride down??

Look forward to seeing you soon and will make sure there is space inside should you not be joking :D

Just thought I’d mention - Maison Laudiere is within Route 11, Argentan from the Michelin motorcycle routes book ‘80 Virees a moto’. Two other routes 11 Argentan and 4 Le Mans are very close by and looks douable.

9782067142510.jpg

The current book is '85 Virees a moto' now including Corsica

Routes for your Garmin GPS available here with thanks to Richard (Wapping) who drew them up.

Cheers for that Ebbo I did have a look at the posting that Wapping put on re the routes and noticed it was close by but then so many things are close it would take forever to mention them all on here!!

We also have two michelin 1* restaurants within 7 miles of here, which some guests have visited, and we will run guests down, then the restaurant will call us when they are ready to pick up, so guests don't have to worry about getting back on the bikes! :thumb2

Ah, Udders I had this vision that you Tossers were into having your bikes looking as if they have been around the world all dirty, etc not gleaming!!

Will you be wanting to use the jet wash thingy too after your ride down??

Look forward to seeing you soon and will make sure there is space inside should you not be joking :D

Unfortunatley I'm not joking! :D I would like it putting indoors if it's wet! :augie And no thanks for the jet wash either. I don't wash any dirt off, I polish it off! :rolleyes: Looking forward to our visit. Oh, by the way, you may want to reserve the most sound insulating room for me cos I'm the East of England snoring champion! :blast:D

OK Udders, so based on the fact you are a 'snoring champ' we can put you in the building in the garden and your bike in our lounge!!! :D

Hopefully you will not need to put the bike away if the weather holds as it is, fingers x'd.

Don't think for 1 second I'm joking! Warn your other guests!

Well we got back last night from a 3 night stay with Carole and Nigel and what can I say but WOW! :thumb2
As previous posts said, and even before my engine was switched off, Carole was there with a tile to put under my stand, and the beer was offered! :jager Superb. We did opt for a cup of tea first and was promptly confronted with what seemed to be the biggest mug (apart from me) I have ever seen! Only to be bettered a day later with a mug that must hold a gallon! :eek:
Fantastic hosts and fantastic accomodation to top it all off. :clap. Too knackered to go out on the first night Carole rustled up a superb meal (after Rob and Debbie finished their off road trip of Normandy :blast) and plenty of beer and chat followed.
Nigel helped to plot a local trip around to see some sights and with a couple of diversions we had a great day out. The Mont St Michel is only an hour and half away as are the Normandy beaches so within easy reach. :thumb2
Loads to see and do in the area. Bagnoles is certainly worth a trip to for great food too.
All in all you won't find a better place with excellent hosts in Normandy! We will definately be returning next year with our kids! :thumb2
Thanks again to Carole and Nigel. :beerjug:

Thanks for the comments Antony, was great to meet you and Sarah and glad you both had a great time.

Will make sure that I get a few more routes ready to include places for the kids to see for next year, there's plenty around to keep them amused:thumb2

Take it steady.

Regards Mr & Mrs Tank :beerjug:

Stopped with Carole and Nigel on the way to the Gorges du Tarn/Millau bridge a few weeks back with my other half on my old 1100.
Got upgraded to the best room in the house with a mega comfy bed for no extra charge. Had a great 3 course meal with wine and beer then watched the Laguna Seca round of the MotoGP with Nigel and more beer.
Highly recommended.

Hi Casper, thanks for the mention and good to hear the trusty 1100 had a good run down South.

Hope Lorraine enjoyed the trip too!

Cheers :beerjug:

After a 7000 mile trek through Europe and Turkey I was ready for some "home" comforts and duly found them earlier this week at Maison Laudiere

It had been a long day's ride from Mont Blanc but waiting there, as advertised and sidestand tile in hand, was Carole - shortly to be joined by a cold glass of white liquid that certainly wasn't milk

Carole and Nigel Hancox have certainly converted their Norman farmhouse most tastefully and the "garage" appears to have as much equipment as any self respecting workshop should. Nige appears to be the local rep for a useful tooltube so I had a couple off him for a very reasonable number of beer tokens

Wish I could have stayed longer but an enjoyable two hour ride the following morning through the rural Norman mist had me at Cherbourg for the fast midday ferry to Pompey

Most highly recommended

Thanks for the mention Tony, was great to meet you and hear some of the stories from your epic tour!

You have fired up my interest in taking in a major tour, will have to see if I can get a pass out!!

Cheers :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom