Maison Laudeire - Normandy

Thanks for the comments Phil. Sorry I missed you but had to do a few bits back in Blighty!

Carole says hi too and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you next time.

Cheers Nigel and Carole :beerjug:

a ridiculously belated thanks to Carole & Nigel (who sadly wasn't there when we visited) for the hospitality shown to us when we were over back in September.

Thanks to the rest of you too I suppose, we would never have found the place without all the good advice here.

Few photos of the area on the blog for anyone that's thinking of heading over. http://glasseyalley.com/maison-laudiere/

Lots of other stuff there too that I might eventually get around to posting in ride reports.

Thanks for the post Rymus, sorry I was not around when you visited, maybe next time!

And thanks for the mention in your blog, enjoyed reading through it and the photographs are fantastic! Will keep an eye out if you put some stuff up on the ride reports!

Cheers :beerjug:

Maison Laudiere - Normandy

Just had my last visit of the year and as usual Nigel and Carole were the perfect hosts even after a very late arrival.

If you travel through Normandy you would be foolish not to give it a go they don't come any better.

If Carlsberg did B&B this would be it.

Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks Alan was great to see you again and it doesn't matter what time you get here, Carole can always stay awake to meet and great! :D

You have the record for being the latest guest arrival on a motorbike (or even a car) i.e 13th December, just as well you have that heated kit. No prize I'm afraid but it is down on paper!

Look forward to seeing you 2012

Regards

Mr and Mrs Tank

ps Merry Xmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2012 to all on UKGSER thanks to all those who have visited us since we opened.

Challenge

Hi All -Weathers getting warmer and its time to start travelling. Last bike in last year, first guest this year but cheated and took car unfortunately(hospitality still the same though). So who will be the first guest on a bike? If your going any where near Maison Laudeire look up Nigel and Carole and find out first hand what I and so many others already have- enjoy.

Thanks Alan, was great to see you both and, as you say, you have the record again!!

Have a great rest of your trip South and look forward to seeing you later in the year.

Regards

Nige and Carole

ACCOMODATION

Staying there from the 31st march-3rd April......and looking forward to it loads :thumb

Maison Laudiere

Well, we stayed here for the last few days, and i point out a word of caution to all who wish to stay......

if you dont want a warm welcome from the hosts Carol and Nigel, dont stay

If you dont want them to immeadiatley offer you beverages of just about any description, dont stay.

If you dont want wonderful, clean, fresh, comfortable accomodation, dont stay,

If you dont want home cooking on your first night ( small additional fee applies) , dont stay.

If you dont want your choice of breakfast times, with fresh bread and croisants of your choice, dont stay.

If you dont want Nigel to to sort you out some of the best biking roads around ( the D911 and D999 are to be recommended) with a typed route map, dont stay.

If you dont want dropping off and collecting, from the local town when you goo out for a meal so you can leave the bikes at the accomodation and have a drink, dont stay.

If you dont want Nigel to come out in the morning and dry off your saddle, and clean youe wing mirrors before your ride out, dont stay

If you dont want fresh bottles water to take with you on your ride for the day, dont stay.

Basically, if you dont want all of the above and more, i wouldnt even bother!!

Myself, my wife Sally and friends Mick and Kayte had a FANTASTIC stay, and sone good weather thrown in, and no doubt will be back in the future. A huge thanks to Nigel and Carol for their hospitality

RichieS

PS Its fooking good value as well.....check it out!

Thanks for all the comments Rich.

Was great to meet you all and glad you enjoyed your stay, the roads, etc.

Hope Mike is feeling a bit better.

You certainly did pick the weather as it has clouded over since you left, the temp has dropped a fair bit and it rained in the night and this morning when I went for the croissants for our guest I wished I had listened to the boss and shut the car windows before turning in for the night :blast

Take it steady.

Cheers

Nige and Carole :beerjug:

Rain

Pissed it down all the way home from Portsmouth......and always listen to SWMBO!!

So Kayte did manage to get some 'wet weather' riding practice in after all!

All after 20 years you would have thought I had learnt to listen to SWMBO but then you know that listening and doing are a million miles apart :D

Thanks

Thanks Nigel and Carole for another first class stay in your wonderful first class B&B with first class hospiltality.
Nigel thanks for riding out with me on the new steed it was good to ride with you and thanks Carole for letting me steal Nigel away from his chores.

Attachments

• xt1200z 002.jpg
    xt1200z 002.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 283
  • xt1200z 001.jpg
    xt1200z 001.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 602
Great to see you again too and enjoyed the ride out even if it was a bit blowy for the last 360 miles!! :D

Every time I manage to escape my list of chores seems to miraculously get longer!

See you again soon. Enjoy that Yam.

Regards

Nige and Carole

Right , that's us booked in for a 3 night stay in June :Motomartin

Can anyone recommend a nice 'D' route from Calais ?

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom