Oi Mike O!!

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mike,

Why havent I been able to pm you for the last week. Would like to see if we can meet in California end of April/Early May.

Ian

mikebelch said:
I've PM'd Mike a couple of times this week.

Mike

Nope still cant PM Mike. Error message states he is not allowed/unable to receive PM messages at present so here we go;

Hi Mike,

Just to see when you would be in California. I plan to be in Frisco for 5 days around the end of 3rd week of April and then South through the state and then on to Pheonix, Flagstaff , The Canyon and then back up to Vegas.

Hope we can meet up. I am in Seattle until 9th and then going to Red Menaces BBQ ( see advrider calander) in Columbia Gorge, then Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and on to Frisco.

Catch you soon,

Ian

out of communication

got a voicemail message from Mike O on thursday, replying to my e mail about his GPS mount.
he said he was travelling through the desert for the next 4-5 days and would be out of internet and telephone contact... so thats probably why you cant get hold of him.........hope he comes out ok the other end...he owes me 80 euros

Mike O said:
[B
Matron - keep your wig on - I'll wire you the money :D

Mike:) [/B]

good to see you've come out the other end xx

Mike.......is it my imagination or are your posts getting A) More infatuated with food, and bleedin large helpings at that! and B) more and more romanticly phrased.......:D

Not criticising the latter at all mate...some good writing.....but if I may be so bold, a slight but noticeable change in style?

Keep it up...all enjoyable reading......and ride safe!

PS as for A).....how much weight ya put on ya fat git????;) :p

Bill

Glad to hear from you at long last, Mike. :) I was getting a bit worried when I saw no new trip reports from you for nearly a week. Images of vultures circling over your prostrate form in the middle of the desert came to mind. :eek:

I'm making preparations for a trip to the North Carolina mountains in a couple of weeks. I'm finally going to "do the Dragon", as they say. I had a near disaster today prepping my bike for the trip. After draining the oil and installing a new oil filter, I ran the engine briefly to check for any leaks... when I suddenly realized I'd neglected to put new oil in it! :eek: :eek: Fortunately it only ran "dry" for a few seconds and no harm seems to have resulted. I do have a backup bike of course, but somehow I don't have enough faith in Italian engineering to risk a 1,500 mile trip on the Ducati. :(

Aurelius said:
Images of vultures circling over your prostrate form in the middle of the desert came to mind.

Vultures with hardened arteries and having forever forgone any possibility of flight... :D

After draining the oil and installing a new oil filter, I ran the engine briefly to check for any leaks... when I suddenly realized I'd neglected to put new oil in it! :eek: :eek: Fortunately it only ran "dry" for a few seconds and no harm seems to have resulted.

Blimey - lucky escape or what? Hope nothing untoward transpires....

Incidentally - the high pitched vibration I've had through the handlebars on my bike has suddenly disappeared!

Yesterday morning it was bad enough to make the compass unreadable (as it has done since I fitted the compass) - suddenly I noticed that the compass was completely still - no more vibes.... Weird, eh? - maybe the throttle bodies got shaken into sync by my off roading at Big Bend :D

Good luck with the Dragon's Tail...

Mike:)

Mike O said:
Blimey - lucky escape or what? Hope nothing untoward transpires....

I've been told that an engine can run "dry" for quite some time before the remaining oil film is breached, so I don't expect that there's been any resulting damage (it ran this way for about five seconds). Still a hair raising moment, though.

Incidentally - the high pitched vibration I've had through the handlebars on my bike has suddenly disappeared!

Yesterday morning it was bad enough to make the compass unreadable (as it has done since I fitted the compass) - suddenly I noticed that the compass was completely still - no more vibes.... Weird, eh? - maybe the throttle bodies got shaken into sync by my off roading at Big Bend :D

Odd. Perhaps the engine mounting bolts were incorrectly tensioned when we retorqued the H.B. crash bars. Whatever it was, hopefully its gone for good.

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom