► A note regarding the posting of attachments in ride reports, please read

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
A note regarding the posting of attachments in ride reports.

As you are all aware, one of the benefits of subscribing to UKGSer is the ability to upload attachments to our server.

While this is not a problem for small numbers of attachments, it will eventually present a problem if we continue to allow the high numbers of attachments that we are currently seeing uploaded to some ride reports, one recent thread contains 202 attachments.

To help preserve the performance of the site can we suggest that posters of threads that are likely to contain more than 5 images host their images on an external photo hosting site and then link them into their ride reports, some examples of available sites are listed below:-

I dont use any of the above but gonna start.....are there any preferences? Ease of use etc?

I dont use any of the above but gonna start.....are there any preferences? Ease of use etc?

I have a Smugmug account which i use as a back up so I won't loose my photos if my hard drives go tits up.

But the easiest I've found for using to host pics for posting here is Photobucket which is free.

It even produces the code thats required to paste the photo into your thread and resizes it automatically...

ScreenShot021-3.jpg

I'd recommend Smugmug

Not free, but well worth the cost.

Use this code and save yourself $5 - t6x9vSvn0QVKk ;)

does that give you a discount too for everyone that uses it:augie

i'd Recommend photobucket it's free... you can always open a Smugmug account later if you want

I'm a computer-numpty and found a Photobucket account easy enough to set up.

:)

i have heard that the terms and conditions of the free hosters mean that they own the rights to any pics posted there. this is not the case with smugmug.

might be important to some :nenau

TinyPic seems quite good as well, I opened an account when I was having trouble accessing Photobucket (turned out it didn't like IE6 but is OK with 7 and later) :thumb2

There are some rather neat things you can do with Smugmug, plus I like the fact that as it's a proffessional, paid for service, there's some come-back and they have a degree of responsibility to look after things properly, whereas with the others, it's pretty hit and miss and in theory, they have no liability or financial incentive you look after your pics :nenau

I guess it's a matter of how important your pics are to you :)

Back
Top Bottom