Heavy Metal around Mongolia and Central Asia

WOW[/QUOTE said:
Tim, read this for a third time in as many days! what an adventure, thank you for sharing it. by far one of the best ride reports I've ever read. Makes my planned Morocco trip look like a trip to the shops !

Thanks again & thanks to Baz for his input also, I think you've still got a book there !!

Tim, read this for a third time in as many days! what an adventure, thank you for sharing it. by far one of the best ride reports I've ever read. Makes my planned Morocco trip look like a trip to the shops !

Thanks again & thanks to Baz for his input also, I think you've still got a book there !!

Thank you and funny you should say that, four years ago my wife and son colluded to suprise me with a christmas present so I had a hard copy, probably in case I forgot to pay my Smugmug subs!!:D
:beerjug:

P1010588-XL.jpg

P1010589-XL.jpg

I can't help but look at Tim's photo in the book and think what an adventure! I still tell a few new souls about this adventure that Tim and others kindly let me share and it still brings me out in a beaming smile from ear to ear! Tim if you do a run of books can I have a signed copy?! Great times, great adventures and great friends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Baz, does she still write to you after that night of passion? :D

P1020269-XL.jpg

Yep, still brings a smile, there's worse places to set up camp :beerjug:

P1020294-XL.jpg

:bow:bow:bow:bow

lost for words. Even after all these years, this RR is so cool to read. If not for John Bailey's post bumping this up, would not have come across this excellent RR.

Tim, you a moderator, a quick q: Are such awesome RRs pinned somewhere?

Good resurrection of this thread for a great read :thumb2
Will be trawling other old posts in the RR section over the winter in the hope there's more gems like this.

We left France, Belgium, Holland and Germany behind but still don't look very rugged by the time we're in Poland.....in fact quite the opposite I'd say.
622624588_J67dw-O.jpg

Oh, and having Fred Dibnah and Larry Grayson's cousin along for the ride must have made it even more interesting :yelrotflm

There is not another biking thread on the www that draws me to motorcycling like this one.

The latest recent posts have drawn me in again, although, like most Tossers I have read the full RR a few times. I have tonight sat and looked in awe of the photographs that have been taken throughout your trip.

You guys have been so lucky to have the time, energy, (money) and quite frankly, BALLS, to do this ride !!

Can I also say that some regions that you rode through may be "off limits" now for a number of years due to the crazy nonsense going on in the world :rocketwho

So f**kin' jealous :bow

Col

Col I was the newbie and to be honest I could not have asked for a better bunch of lads to go with. I certainly soaked up the teams bad luck for the trip but beside that it was awesome. Still can't believe I achieved it. Best adventure ever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A great read and one that has whiled away a dull afternoon in the office - thanks!

I know I've read it before but what an excellent report!! :bow Fab pictures:clap:clap
Kev and I have bikes in Ulaan Bataar and are planning on picking them up in July/August and having a little wander around Mongolia before going up to Russia and then on to Kazakhstan and to Kyrgyzstan. We'll probably leave the bikes in Bishkek and come home, leaving the Pamir Highway for 2019:thumb2
I was surprised at how cold it seemed in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan for the time of year. Is that the norm? Was it just cold because of the altitude?

:thumb:)

I know I've read it before but what an excellent report!! :bow Fab pictures:clap:clap
Kev and I have bikes in Ulaan Bataar and are planning on picking them up in July/August and having a little wander around Mongolia before going up to Russia and then on to Kazakhstan and to Kyrgyzstan. We'll probably leave the bikes in Bishkek and come home, leaving the Pamir Highway for 2019:thumb2
I was surprised at how cold it seemed in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan for the time of year. Is that the norm? Was it just cold because of the altitude?

:thumb:)

Good to hear this Mide :thumb

Hope your bike are safe in Ulaan Batar ... Sue had her helmet stolen when it was on the ground at the side of her bike, while she was at the other side bent down strapping luggage on :eek:

We returned via Russia, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan ... all the Stans in fact, enjoy :thumb

:beerjug:

Now winters arrived I'll have another read of this :thumb2 Did Tim and the trucker keep in touch it would be a shame if they drifted apart :D

Back
Top Bottom