80 Virees a moto - Region South-East

Are these a route out from each town /city ?
Am looking to plan a route through France heading to Corsica/Sardinia and return through France. Looking for good interesting routes down and return.

1. Most of the routes are broadly circular in nature. You'll need to stitch several together. That requires effort and some imagination. Intimate knowledge of French is not required but a working knowledge of Mapsource or BaseCamp is. Do your best.

2. If (as your post suggests) you'd like bods' help to plan and create YOUR - not their - holiday routes right across France and back, it would help if you gave even the slightest clue as to where on the mainland of Europe you:

A. Plan to arrive at

B. Plan to depart from to get to the islands

C. Your return ports for your eventual return home

What time period do you have in mind to ride / hoon / bimble / wobble your way from wherever to wherever it is you take the ferry from to get across to the islands? The same for your return journey

When is this epic Adventure taking place? Next week, tomorrow, next year, next month?

PS Failing all or any of the above; RiDE magazine has a load of free, ready to download routes (created by bikers for bikers, so you'll know they'll be friendly) that may well answer your question exactly.

Got a link, mate? Natch, mate:

http://www.ride.co.uk

Enjoy your holiday.

Paul, thank you for holding your sarcasm re my question to Wappings post. Was not sure as to what it's content contained but made a stab at it. Wapping was good enough to explain in post below. Being an old duffer in 60's was not aware Michelin produced routes for bikers, shall look into this. I have been a map guy all my life planning routes for my travels, but i guess I need to up my game to accommodate Sat nav/ base camp etc, in order to peer into these routes of which i am sure have ridden some in past adventures.

Thanks again for your input and can put your mind to rest,I am ,thanks to Wappings info, my future route planning/riding will be more enjoyable.

1. Most of the routes are broadly circular in nature. You'll need to stitch several together. That requires effort and some imagination. Intimate knowledge of French is not required but a working knowledge of Mapsource or BaseCamp is. Do your best.

2. If (as your post suggests) you'd like bods' help to plan and create YOUR - not their - holiday routes right across France and back, it would help if you gave even the slightest clue as to where on the mainland of Europe you:

A. Plan to arrive at

B. Plan to depart from to get to the islands

C. Your return ports for your eventual return home

What time period do you have in mind to ride / hoon / bimble / wobble your way from wherever to wherever it is you take the ferry from to get across to the islands? The same for your return journey

When is this epic Adventure taking place? Next week, tomorrow, next year, next month?

PS Failing all or any of the above; RiDE magazine has a load of free, ready to download routes (created by bikers for bikers, so you'll know they'll be friendly) that may well answer your question exactly.

Got a link, mate? Natch, mate:

http://www.ride.co.uk

Enjoy your holiday.

Thanks for taking time to explain your first post which has explained all. I do need to come into from the cold ,up my game with sat nav .basecamp etc. I was unaware of this information provided, but shall deffo look for it.
Re time of trip, i always go for early September ,finding the roads less congested,lodgings easily found and weather more settled.Trips are usually two to three weeks long as now retired ,no hurries/no worries. Crossing waters is the time consuming and expensive. This year am considering Dublin/Holyhead ride through the night taking either train shuttle or boat to France and getting a few hundred miles in before mid afternoon. This should be a new experience and worth a shot.

Thanks again Mr Wapping.

Back
Top Bottom