Why you should always stop for a stranded fellow biker...

Don't make em like they used too:augie

The tube?

I had a flat 2 years ago:
The vulcanize valve & tube was bad.
...and it was the newest part on my bike too! :)

I had a spare tube and tool inside my sidecar. A rescue company, NAF, picked up my wheel and changed the tube for me at the garage.:thumb2

That was one of the days I needed some help:
At a campsite one sunny afternoon, I was alone on one of my tours - no hurry so one more day at the campsite was no problem.
The next 2 days I was at Aursjøvegen (Sunndalsøra)! :bounce1

:) Liv.

He's not likely to say anything else is he ;)

Good job he chose to ride on that exciting dual carriageway and not the dull twisties otherwise he might have been stranded there even longer :D

...and you mean he wasn't carrying any means to repair it?:eek:

:D :D :blast :toungincheek :toungincheek

Cheers for stopping,Al :thumb2.

Yup...out of all the dozens of bikes Glambabe and I saw,including one Police bike,only two stopped.
One was a local guy who rode home and returned with his mobi and a can of Tyreweld.
The other was one Brassmonkey of this parish. :thumb2

After pissing about on the phone with a cascade call and then a list of irrelevent questions and 'repeat please'..'please can you be spelling that again'..etc,etc,the fecking paki/indian/whatever hardly intelligible offshore call centre bolloxed up my location.
I couldn`t have said it clearer to him or been more concise than with 'We are Eastbound on the A50 at the junction with the A511'.
The result was a breakdown guy from CANNOCK traipsing up and down the A50 looking for us and a 3 hour wait.
Could have pushed the fecking NTX home by then. :p

The inner tube was brand new and had only done 130 miles since being fitted.
It`s not punctured...it has failed.

Nope...I didn`t have a spare tube or feckoff big tyre levers and pump to fit it and inflate it,but they`re going to be stashed somewhere on the bike in future.

I`ve always carried tubeless repair kits on my tubeless bikes,and the Urals have spare wheels....so I`ll just have to equip my NTX (and the Enfield) with their own repair gear.

Ah well.....for a few hours we knew what it must be like to own a 1200. :D :augie

I think some of us 1200 owners have been very restrained and sympathetic in our responses to this thread.

:rob

Of course....he could always have stopped simply because my bike was a lovely match for his suit. :D :augie

090920121636Medium.jpg

:thumb2

I think some of us 1200 owners have been very restrained and sympathetic in our responses to this thread.

:rob

Fishing`s good today,innit. :D

Oh alright....awfully sorry if I upset you old bean. :kissy2 :kissy2 ;)

I wish they had not stopped

Was riding back from Brighton (100 mile round trip) in the winter months a few years back, and the mrs's heated jacket socket was playing up. So being a good person i stopped, had the seat off to check. Two 'chaps' on GSers stopped and asked what the problem was. Their response was "Best you call the AA mate" and they rode off with a chuckle.
My Mrs, did not understand my shame. In hindsight i should have ridden the bike to a quiet cul-de-sac and sorted it out there.....:nenau

Back
Top Bottom