Looks like the journey is over....

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a quickie from Hotel Alpine at Abbattabad, Pakistan.

Looks like our journey is over. Yesterday we set off from here and then 10km down the road a twat in a car turned across our paths to do a U turn. So sudden, no warning. Sue didn't have time to brake and hit him head on in the passenger door. I swerved a little but collided with his rear end and careered across the road into the metal work of a bridge. Both bikes are unbelievably ridable but Sue was taken to the hospital complex here at Abbattabad with a compound fracture of the right upper arm. She's spent the night there, I'm going now to see how things are, but the hospital is a shit tip and the first need is to get her out of there and on a plane home asap.

Once Sue on her way I can sort the bikes out, one way or another.

The driver then drove off but was later arrested by the police. We now have to contend with ALL his relatives wanting to sit at Sue's bedside bringing gifts of tissues, water, orange, cushions etc.

I'll send more as soon as possible... need to get Sue outa there and sorted.

Catchya later folks

That’s really bad news, on the bright side you’re ok to look after the lady best wishes on a speedy recovery. hope everything works out ok for you both.
All the best
Colin

main is that she will live to tell the tale, u can get another bike, good wives are more harder to come by(and more expensive),
get well soon sue

Sorry to hear this Micky. Hopefully Sue's full recovery is likely.

Just ask if you need help from this end.

Bad luck for you both. :comfort
The scenario we all dread when far from home, I wish Sue a quick recovery and you get everything sorted soon.

Micky and Sue - another one here stood in the "miles away, feeling useless, but very concerned by your news" que.

Good luck with all you need to do.

Best wishes to Sue for a speedy recovery and safe journey home. Hopefully you can get everything else sorted easily enough Micky.

sorry to read this bad news, atleast your both still ticking along. As for the famiy hanging around better to have'em bring fruit and thissues than throw stones, if you need a hand with anything let us know and I'll see what can be done.

regards

Lo

Bad news mate, but glad things are not worse. If you or Sue need picking up from airport and ferrying home just let me know:thumb

Really feel for both Sue and yourself right now Micky :(

I know only too well that there is nothing worse than being on a adventure induced high in a foreign country one minute, then in a instant something like this happens :(

At least you are both still here.... at the end of the day that is all that matters.

As you quite rightly say the most important thing right now is getting home.... keep us updated if you can, and if there is anything we can do just ask.

Best wishes to you both ......

Look forward to the conclusion I'm sure we all hope for, home safe and well ... :thumb2

I know that you must be feeling pretty down just now, but it is far better to have done this trip and taken the risk of such an unfortunate accident than to have done nothing and sat at home,

I hope that you can store the bikes in Pakistan and resume once Sue is better,

Thoughts are with you

Back
Top Bottom