Alps 09 in pics

How much did the trip cost?

dunno. got a big stack of receipts though. whatever it was, it was worth it :)

What type of accommodation was used in the end? camping

hotels. usually a choice of high end or more reasonable offered.

**/*** or ****+?

no, you got me there. :confused:

Anyone got the routes on Garmin files?

yes. PM me your email and i'll bung them over.

Looked like a great route

it was :D

cookie;2028722 [B said:
**/*** or ****+?[/B]

no, you got me there. :confused:

:D

I think - but don't quote me on it :D that the uncertain one is referring to the quality of the accomodation ie was it 2/3* or 4*+ rated?

I think - but don't quote me on it :D that the uncertain one is referring to the quality of the accomodation ie was it 2/3* or 4*+ rated?

you're right. i was a bit slow on the uptake there.

answer would be **/*** mostly, with a ****/***** option in some places.

Images that make you wanna just sack off going to work for a bit and just take off........

Anyone in? :bounce1

As this is the last night the whole group will sit down together for an evening meal something a little special is called for....................over a beer it is decided we are having a "Mongolian buffet" meal,nobody is entirely sure what that entails,some of us recall Timolgra's thread and wonder how we might deal with rampant,vodka fuelled,homosexual Russian truck drivers...........:augie

2 wheel

We are calling into Grindelwald next month. The meal format looks interesting :drool

Was this at the hotel or did you go elsewhere?

2 wheel

We are calling into Grindelwald next month. The meal format looks interesting :drool

Was this at the hotel or did you go elsewhere?

Sorry I've only just seen this :blast
The restaraunt was on the main route through town from the railway station to our hotels, there is a Bar called Gepsi and a restaraunt called Barry's it's upstairs in the restaraunt, street name; An Stotzhalten / Tuftli
Hope that helps :nenau

Thanks for a great bit of inspiration, I'm currently doing the planning for my first Euro-Tour.

I like the idea of doing big miles initially to get into the area then doing more sensible miles in the mountains. Also I've got 12 days which means I should be able to do lots of passes even though my mate and I are faffing with tents every day :-(

Anyway wish me luck and when I get back I'll stick a whole load of photos on (I'll have to subscribe first - doh!)

Good luck and have fun ;)

Fantastic Report

WOW a trip I have always dreamed of doing...I have been to Switzerland many times during the winter and always dreamed of riding there through the summer but alas time is always against me. After reading your report and looking at your fantastic pictures I will certainly have to reconsider. A job well done guys:clap

WOW a trip I have always dreamed of doing...I have been to Switzerland many times during the winter and always dreamed of riding there through the summer but alas time is always against me. After reading your report and looking at your fantastic pictures I will certainly have to reconsider. A job well done guys:clap

Do it mate and you wont regret it ,it is second to none and a must do ,

its def a must do for me AGAIN!!!!:)

Great report, many of the places we visited this year, for anyone who has not been to the Alps you really should, so many great roads with relatively light traffic and wonderful culture.

Nothing in the UK comes close, which is why half my miles since first leaving the UK by bike have been clocked up overseas, and if I lived near Dover that figure would be much higher.

Roll on Alps 2011 :bounce1

Someone asked about costs earlier, I have a spreadhseet somewhere you enter the miles your covering, hotel costs etc and it works out some figures, is there a way of posting this up on the site?

I've just started planning my Alps trip for 2011. Can't wait.:clap:beerjug:

Parte Deux

It takes time to plan these things :augie , so here's a few pics from when I went back at the end of June 2010, on my lonesome...

The GSB with white stuff...

IMG_0411.jpg

The ice behind the pyramid is/was a lake
IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

Going down the other side of the GSB
IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

I drank from this stream
IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

The Grimsel
IMG_0465.jpg

The Grimsel and Furka
IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Top of the Furka
IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

The Sustenpass - a new one for me, and very good
IMG_0506.jpg

Top of the Grimsel
IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

A disused railway in France
IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

'allo 'allo
IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

Hi Mark, nice trip and some great pics thanks for sharing, brought back some great memories, looks like it was a bit chilly at times though-too cold for the mankini :augie
I'm going to do that whole trip again someday it was awesome, don't suppose you ran into Magnum on your travels?
If you fancy meeting some familiar faces later this year take a look at this thread;
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2608384#post2608384
Cheers big ears :beerjug:
Steve.

hi cookie
could you send me the garmin file of the route 'steroachy666@aol.com'
a fantastic read and great pics thanks

Back
Top Bottom