Rushy sighting In Yosemite

JimC

While camping in Yosemite National park in California this weekend we ran into this strange speaking bloke at the campsite next to us.

Rushy just wanted to let you all know he is having a great time. He finally found some good weather when he got to California. He had a wonderful stay in Yosemite and he was off to Monterey.

Here are some opictures we took of Rushy.

Enjoy

rushy1.jpg

rushy2.jpg

rushy3.jpg

So what are conditions like in Yosemite right now? I'm at a loose end this weekend during my San Francisco trip and had thought about going up there. I seem to remember that big parts can still be closed off due to snow in late April / early May?

Rushy - I'm in San Francisco now until May 7th so if you are passing leave a message at my hotel - W Hotel, Newark - 510 494-8800

Mike

Hi Mike,

The conditions in Yosemite are terrific right now. The Tioga Road and Glacier Point Roads are closed because of snow and will be until almost June. The entire valley is open including all the great falls and most of the land marks people associate with Yosemite. It is the best time of the year to visit the park, and for the next week or two the crowds shouldn't be to bad. All the other roads leading into and out of the park are clear and dry.

Jim in Sacramento

Hey Jim - thanks.

I went to Yosemite for the day yesterday. 3.5 hour drive each way from Newark but we got a full 9am - 5pm day in the park. The weather was superb and all the falls were in full flow. I got to stand right at the very base of the big Yosemite falls by climbing up above the bit where most of the tourists stand. I got pissed wet through in about 0.5 seconds by standing just 20 feet from the base but the sheer thrill and the noise were incredible. I got a great photo and nearly killed my camera in the process. I'll post a photo once I'm online with my PC.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom