Below the Stratosphere

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Its nearly 10.00pm at night and I am sitting in an internet cafe / bar right underneath the tower of the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas.

I have been to quite a few places since my last posting and bumped into some great people including a gang called the Rivercity Beemers from Sacremento. Thanks for posting the pictures Jim!! Tell Rick I took his advice on the additive and got a refund, bikes running great and the only problem I had (the gear indicator went AWOL due to the excessive water in Oregon ) has been cured ( by the extreme heat I encountered in Death Valley!!?? spookily ).

I have been to so many places and met some interesting characters BUT its quite expensive to use this cafe , my typing speed is v' slow and I have only prepaid 30 mins. SO I am going to give you all a hint at some of the things that I have seen and done. Some of you will have done /seen these things and places so blow by blow might be a bit tedious and those that haven't will have to close you eyes occasionally and use your imagination!

So , let me ask you. Have you ever.........

Rode thru an avenue of giants, some over 300ft tall?
Driven thru a tree and not got hurt?
Ridden down a super twisty back road with vineyards as far as the I can see?
Stayed in a motel where some of the residents decide to beat each other up at 6am?
Crossed over a bright orange suspension bridge in brilliant sunshine to arrive in one of Americas prettiest cities?
Stayed in a hip boutique / hotel ( voted best in SF in 20002) with some of Beyonces entourage? ( Her bus was in the carpark but she stayed elesewhere)
Ridden down the crookedest ( and possibly steepest ) street in the world?
Been showed some of SFs sights by a local who couldn't have been friendlier but drove his Nissan 300ZX round town like it was a scalextric car?
Hung off the side of a cable car woth two guys from Wallasey?
Been locked in a prison cell ( only few a few mins in Alcatraz!)?
Had your onmly pair of shoes stolen when you a 2+hrs from anywhere?
Been pulled for speeding by an 8foot tall, suntanned bodybuilder with a very big gun? Scary.
Got worried when you have to cross some mountains forecast to have snow above 4000ft and you have already passed a sign saying 4, then 5 then 6000ft?
Camped out in the most beautiful valley in the world ( Yosemite) for 4 nights?
Stood at the base of a waterfall thats nine times taller than Niagra?
Been 20yrds from a wild brown bear in broad daylight?
Been six inches from a wild brown bear at 1am when he decided you tent was interesting?
Shared your campsite with a family of deers at breakfast 3 mornings on the run?
Hiked 2000ft up to view the top of a waterfall that runs into an "Emerald Pool" that drops down another waterfall whos river runs down into the most beautiful valley in the world?
Fallen down coming back down the trail from the waterfall and stretched the ligaments in your ankle!?
Tried to ride with an ankle thats swollen and strapped up so much that you cant put your boot on and resorted to unstrapping it and buying pain relieving spray instead?

To be continued..................
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom