Corsica - made for GS's

:clap:clap:clap
me likey
Andres roughly how many miles did you cover.:thumb
ash Corsica 2010 i see a plan :blast

I'd heard it was an amazing place and it's listed in John Hermann's 'Motorcycle Journeys' book. The images you've posted are amazing. This place is definitely on my hit list now. Thanks for sharing the info/images.

Cheers, Ken

Great pics - thanks for sharing :thumb2 I'll certainly be adding Corsica to the list of places to visit.

One of my fav bikes :)

IMG_1491.jpg

As to this bike, I saw one of these in NYC:

569898890_UcRW9-L.jpg

:clap:clap:clap
me likey
Andres roughly how many miles did you cover.:thumb
ash Corsica 2010 i see a plan :blast

Ash, you'll love it :thumb2

We did almost exactly 2,500 miles door to door (Nottingham). That was a motorway dash down to Nice, bimbling in Corsica and a week bimbling back in a very zig-zaggy sort of way back through France. TBH, whilst we did a lot of riding in Corsica due to being on Corsican wiglgy road time the actual mileages covered there were relatively low.

Andres

thank you young man :kissy2

Great report Andres,i am now very envious.
Joanne and i were due to go to Sardinia and Corsica in early september but had to put it on hold due to my op.
Some plans for Italy 2010 were already in place so it looks like Corsica 2011.
So many places so little time (and money).

Steve.

Just what I needed, another entry put in the "places I have to see" list. :augie

Cheers Andres... :D :D

:beerjug:

Great ride report, great pictures.
Big thanks for giving me my 2011 plan ! (2010 Norway)

Cheers

Great report and pics :clap

A group of us did Corsica 2 years ago,we rode down via the Route Napoleon,wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and would go back again without hesitation :thumb2

Great report and pics :clap

A group of us did Corsica 2 years ago,we rode down via the Route Napoleon,wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and would go back again without hesitation :thumb2

yes. i'm thinking that right now :)

And finally, a very brave Amanda sat balanced on the bike shooting some of the roads above where we were staying as well as part of the Spelunca Gorge. No knee down action as low speed and smoothness was to order of the day in order to preserve any semblance of my bits.
Hope it's not toooo boring (I often find on-bike footage a bit tedious) but it does give a flavour of the roads and the scenery.

Andres

Blimey! What a steady hand Amanda has.
Great photos/video giving a real good sense of being there - now I gottago!

yes. i'm thinking that right now :)

I've made no plans for next year as yet but of my list of possible destinations this one is always at or near the top of the list............................. May or September :augie

I've made no plans for next year as yet but of my list of possible destinations this one is always at or near the top of the list............................. May or September :augie

would be nice to include sardinia this time i think.

as you know of course, we are not the only ones thinking of going :augie

Now look at what you've started Andres. :blast

Cracking place for a GS holiday though by the look of it. :thumb2

B*gger me
I had not seen this thread but had already started planning to go Corsica and Sardinia - Priced the ferries and trying to decide if to go the whole hog and cross over to Sicily and then up the Amalfi coast past Rome, Verona over the Stelvio and one or two other passes and then Nurburgring and home via Harwich
Googlemaps says I can do it in 3 days 1 hour :eek
3681 miles
I reckon three weeks with some sightseeing

Nice report and somewhere I'll be visiting soon:)

Back
Top Bottom