Corsica - made for GS's

Just found this thread!

Many thanks for your report. I'm off to Corsica in Sept with MSL. Looking forward to it even more now.

Mike

Just found this thread!

Many thanks for your report. I'm off to Corsica in Sept with MSL. Looking forward to it even more now.

Mike

I'm very jealous! We nearly sorted it to go again this year but circumstances conspired against us.........

You'll have a great time, enjoy :)

Andres

Thanks for posting this trip report again. Most excellent,looks like a must do place. The second music track fits the mood of the video really well:cool:

Who is the band and vocalist please.

Andrew

Thanks for posting this trip report again. Most excellent,looks like a must do place. The second music track fits the mood of the video really well:cool:

Who is the band and vocalist please.

Andrew

Re the music, here you go :thumb2

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JGmvXGBBfjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

Corsica is a gem.. my favourite place for the bike in Europe in fact :thumb

Corsica 2010

A few photos of our trip to Corsica in 2010::thumb2

Attachments

• corsica1.jpg
    corsica1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 372
  • corsica3.jpg
    corsica3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 370
  • corsica4.jpg
    corsica4.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 370
  • corsica5.jpg
    corsica5.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 372
  • corsica2.jpg
    corsica2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 368
and a few more

Attachments

• corsica6.jpg
    corsica6.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 359
  • corsica7.jpg
    corsica7.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 367
  • corsica8.jpg
    corsica8.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 368
  • corsica9.jpg
    corsica9.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 368
My trip for this year is in the "advanced planning" stage :augie
But this thread has served to remind me how good Corsica is and how much I enjoyed it in 2007, Corsica is now at the top of the list for next year-again ;)

this looks so awesome. So far my hols are a trip down to Nice, then a ferry to corsica to sail with a mate, picking up the wife in Pisa and sailing back to nice. Then we are picking up the bike again and looks like we are off to Corsica for a week. In the process of selling the GS...Shit - roads and terrain built for a GS, with backdrops to go! I presume there are still some roads a tourer could get along?

Only just read this ... looks really lovely.

Moto GP at San Marino for us in September, I reckon a route via Corsica is definitely on the cards ...

Nice one Andres.. :thumb

My trip for this year is in the "advanced planning" stage :augie
But this thread has served to remind me how good Corsica is and how much I enjoyed it in 2007, Corsica is now at the top of the list for next year-again ;)

As per phone call, I'm in :D

Moto GP at San Marino for us in September, I reckon a route via Corsica is definitely on the cards ...

A ferry from Nice to Bastia is about €90 and takes around five hours Giles and a ferry from Bastia to Livorno takes roughly four hours and is in the region of €80. It's very do-able. :thumb2

We'll be there in early July on our way up from Sicily and Sardinia. Can't feckin wait. :bounce1:bounce1

A ferry from Nice to Bastia is about €90 and takes around five hours Giles and a ferry from Bastia to Livorno takes roughly four hours and is in the region of €80. It's very do-able. :thumb2

We'll be there in early July on our way up from Sicily and Sardinia. Can't feckin wait. :bounce1:bounce1

My early thoughts are exactly that. Seven days to get to Rimini could mean a couple of nights in Corsica and then a slow bimble Eastbound through Tuscany taking in a bit of Lucca, florence, Sienna on the way.
Over the Alps to Annecy on the way home.

Trip advisor here I come ... :type

Hopefully I'll have posted a ride report before you go, just to whet the appetite as it were. ;)

Back
Top Bottom