Route so Far 04/05/04

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have had an email asking about my route. I have not got my map to hand at the mo' but I will give some detail of places I have been to give you an idea.

Seattle - i spent 2 weeks visiting various place in WA state like Mt St Helens and Stevens Pass, Fidalgo Island, Whibdey Island etc. I have saved the Olympics and Mt Rainier, and British Columbia for when I get back.

From Seattle;

Seattle to Portland , The Columbia Gorge and Hood River.

Hood River to Portland and then north to Astoria.

I then rode down almost the full length of the Oregon coast on 101 heading inland a bit to visit the giant Redwoods at "The Avenue of the Giants".

Avenue of Giants inland a bit further to ride thru the Napa Valley and then West again to get back to the 101 to drop into San Francisco via the Golden Gate Bridge.

San Francisco to Yosemite National Park.

Yosemite NP to Merced then Las Banos.

Las Banos to the Mission at San Juan Bautista, Monterey, Carmel and then down possibly the best coastal road in the world -
Highway 1 to the Big Sur.

Big Sur to Hearst Castle, San Luis Obispo, Bakersfield and then Tehachapi ( hit by a 7.7 quake in 1952!).

Tehachapi to Willow Springs Racetrack, Edwards Air Force Base, China Lake Naval Weapons Centre, Trona and then Death Valley.

Death Valley to Vegas via Parumph.

4 day stay in Vegas and a visit to south rim of Grand Canyon via Hoover Dam.

Vegas to Zion Canyon .

Zion to Grand Canyon and Kanab......................

Toal mileage is about 1200 to 1500 in a hire car and then about 3200 so far on the bike.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom