ACF-50 application by All Year Biker

Voyager61

Reaction score
Hi All

Well ... since my corossion warranty has expired on my '57 plate GS Adventure, and I really don't want to test the good will of my dealership unless absolutely necessary, I decided to have a full ACF-50 treatment by All Year Biker.

Nigel is an All Year Biker franchisee in Newbury, Berkshire, so I made the 32 mile journey to his place on Saturday.

The treatment begins with a hose down to remove any dirt

ayb01.jpg

followed by application of a degreaser

ayb02.jpg

which is allowed to work before being washed off

ayb03.jpg

followed by a good soaping with a proprietary shampoo

ayb04.jpg

resulting in a somewhat arctic look

ayb05.jpg

another rinse

ayb06.jpg

and a thorough blow dry

ayb07.jpg

careful shrouding of wheels and cockpit follows

ayb08.jpg

then the wonderstuff gets misted all over

ayb10.jpg

ayb11.jpg

wheels were treated by hand, and any excess is removed, also by hand

ayb12.jpg

the treatment is finished by a polish with a PTFE-based polish

ayb13.jpg

The whole job took a couple of hours, I reckon, but was very thorough and methodical, and lovingly done. Nigel is a top bloke, interesting to chat to (though he must be really bored with the corossion woes of his Beemer customers by now) :blast

Amazing value at £60 :thumb2

Obviously only time will tell, so I'll report back in Spring and let you know my verdict ... but it all looked very promising :thumb2

http://www.allyearbiker.co.uk/

It looks pretty good, I bet Nigels bike will not go rusty this winter :D
I blast quite a lot around under my tank and seat once a year too.
Stewart

yes, thats what i have done for the last 2 years but do keep an eye out for anything thats been missed, like the odd fixing etc.
The bike will look shite all winter but come the spring, good washoff and should be corrosion free. ACF is oil based so shite will stick to it.
I have just tried a good wax on the wheels as ACF is designed to creep and is a sod to get off tyres :eek:

Voyager61, can agree with you this treatment is first class, had mine done with my sons, 2 GSAs when he hosted an open event at his home. Carried out by Ian and Tony, both very good workrs and very thorough had an 1150GS and the new Honda 600RR turn up as well, everyone very impressed. Recommeded especially for the crap we have to put up with on the roads these days.

All Year Biker

Nigel is an All Year Biker franchisee in Newbury, Berkshire, so I made the 32 mile journey to his place on Saturday.http://www.allyearbiker.co.uk/

I had the All Year Biker Treatment by Nigel last saturday. Got lost finding the place even though I only live 9 miles away - Nigel rang twice to find out if everything was Ok:beerjug: Best £60 I'll spend this winter [well t date any way!]. Interesting BM dealers offering this treatment for £30 but I doubt it will be to the same detail even down to relubing the chain. The bumpf says it is not a valet but I'd be interested to know what esle you get for a valet except possibly a bigger bill. Top rated:clap:clap

....£60 seems expensive for valet...I got 2 cans for £20 and as this stuff creeps....two cans will last for ages....

Fixed it for ya :thumb

I enquired about the use of a jet wash when the guys from AYB were doing mine. The model they were using was a relatively low pressure affair, and whilst staying a sensible distance from the bike they also only directed it 'as you would ride' - i.e. usually from the front and not pointing it down into the instruments, or shoving it right into the intake etc.

Last edited:
....£60 seems expensive for valet...I got 2 cans for £20 and as this stuff creeps....two cans will last for ages....

Hi Garry

Where'd you pick up 2 cans for that price? I'll need some for top ups in a few months :augie

Ric

Last edited:

For two hours' work, chemicals, electricity....................... :nenau

You sound tighter than a crab's arse at 20 fathoms :eek

Al :rolleyes:

Just back from having my 1150GSA done by a All year biker franchise based at Mad Motorcycles in Chesham. They have just taken on this franchise and am very pleased with it.

They spent about 2 hours on it working their way through various levels of prep and the final ACF-50 treatment. The bike now looks as though it has just left the showroom :thumb2

Put some nice pics up of your nice clean replenished steed then before it looks black from all the sh*te on the road sticks to it like pooh to a blanket!!!

Good stuff ac50 ive used it in the past ,but anyone with experience know any difference between mucoff bike spray and GT85 as they both claim basicly the same propertys an have PTFE in them but GT85 is almost £5 cheaper per tin???
Bike gets used an washed then put away so blast an replenished which is best ,aside from AC50 before all comments say this .cheers:blast:thumb2

Just back from having my 1150GSA done by a All year biker franchise based at Mad Motorcycles in Chesham. They have just taken on this franchise and am very pleased with it.

They spent about 2 hours on it working their way through various levels of prep and the final ACF-50 treatment. The bike now looks as though it has just left the showroom :thumb2

Can you just turn up a Chesham or is it only on certain pre-bookable dates?

I use GT85 to protect my Lathe and Milling machine. It works ok on them and is cheap as chips in ASDA. It comes off very easily though so it might not be the most suitable on a bike. Course you could keep reapplying it all the time. It leaves the coated surfaces with a dry dull milky effect if that makes any odds to you.

Back
Top Bottom