Skye Weather update

Deleted acc oony

261209010_thumb.jpg

2008_01290003.JPG

:augie

Is that some bondage kit you got in the house to keep you busy over the winter months? :augie

Thanks for the update Mr Windaes :thumb2. Have you been out with those chains yet? I'd be interested to hear how the bike handles with them on. I was very tempted yesterday to get myself some studded knobblies. Knobblies on their own weren't too bad, but still a bit slippery in places for my liking....

I was very tempted yesterday to get myself some studded knobblies. Knobblies on their own weren't too bad, but still a bit slippery in places for my liking....

Having just got back from laning the Husky in The Peaks I can confirm that knoblies are of feck all use on ice/snow covered tarmac..........I must have dropped the bike a dozen times on just one 1/2 mile section of tarmc - the lanes were a piece of piss in comparison! :eek:

Here's me mate Andy trying to keep upright :D

IMG_0593.jpg

Andres

I did notice the colour coordination of black and orange on those chains. There's no Jaegermeister logo on them somewhere is there? :jager

Weathers looking good for next week; copied from today's Metcheck site:

All parts of Britain and Ireland are in for a lot of increasingly cold and snowy weather as we go through the next week with some potentially severe winter weather developing across our shores. We would advise people to prepare themselves for a spell of winter weather that's not been seen for many years as severe frosts and heavy snowfalls become the main feature during next week.
Sunday will be a fine and cold day for many parts, but snow showers will affect south-eastern areas at times, whilst further wintry showers move into northern and eastern Scotland during the day. The wintry showers in the north will mark the boundary between the cold air already here, and the even colder air following on, and this boundary will shift south during Monday and Tuesday. It is after this has gone through that the potential for heavy snow and severe frosts really increases, and is something we are monitoring closely as the second half of next week could end up very wintry indeed with significant snowfalls for some and temperatures dropping below -20C for some rural locations in the north

Deep joy :mmmm

Andres

65yr old neighbour slid down the driveway on her arse as it was easier than walking she said :D

If the weather remains the wa it is it may not be a bad idea:(

It was said in jest but thinking about it now, I could be serious.

I just took my Fireblade round the block and the roads here in Devon are already frozen over.

It's nearly 800 miles from home in Devon up to Raasay and then the same again back down to Dover. The ride in Scotland on snow and ice was always the least attractive part of the whole trip. We got caught in snow and ice on our last Dakar trip and it was not fun.:(

Trouble is, I would feel a right fanny if I wimp out of being at the start of the event. To be honest though, I would rather miss the start in Scotland but continue through Mauritania and Mali rather than other way round.

How bad is weather up north realistically going to be?

A Southern Softie:)

How bad is weather up north realistically going to be?

A Southern Softie:)

Fort William area yesterday courtesy of G.C.

754617797_Qp46n-L.jpg

Roads here really slippy for walking never mind a bike.

I'll give up to date reports daily but at the moment you'd be off yir head to come up here. And this from Johnny Blizzard Oonyack

Back
Top Bottom