One in Europe

Milk Tray Man

Reaction score
Glen has arrived at hotel in Calais. Not a bad journey from home to Eurotunnel - it took him 'bout 3 hrs. He's just settling in and already looking forward to a beer and some dinner.:beer:
Terry's All Gold aka Mrs Milktray....

Looks like the trip is properly under way :) and the weather, a sign of things to come :mmmm

Safe trip through France boys :thumb2

Andres

When you aff Andres?

Meeting up with Sockpuppet mid-day tomorrow and we hope to be in Folkestone, to meet up with t'others, just after dark :)

The remainder of us are all booked on the Sunday 9.20am Eurotunnel.

Andres

Edit: Gotta get the bike down here first though :mmmm

IMG_1637.jpg

Bon voyage mes aimee :thumb2

That's my best Delboy francáis:thumb2

off topic, but are there any other blogs (apart from sids) , or will you be posting your progress on here?

Sid's son here on sid's wife's account...

07-01-10_1158.jpg

This was Sid heading off yesterday lunchtime on about 4 inches of snow that was ungritted/unsalted for over a mile of countryroads.

He needed a push or two from me and the wife at times and he did drop it once at low speeds, someone had to be first, but i was too busy helping lift the bike up to get a pic of that.

Also, just got a GPS tracker update from them and it seems they had a nice lie in in Calais and have just left.

sorry for the quality of the photo it was done on my very very old phone ..

will get martin to put up the others on here .. just so you all can see the conditions that Sid left under (when hes made up his mind no stopping him )

Cheers to martin who helped lift and push .... mind you he need his asthma inhaler right after...

Friends from up the end of the lane came down and waved him off when he got to a road which looked like a road ... They phoned me this morning to make sure he was safe ...

Think they are all mad for leaving this weather but boys will be boys and nothing is going to stop them ......

FFS, reading your first post today I thought Martin had a wife :blast:blast
He's making good progress at the mo' hope the weather is better in Frogland :)

Just looked at the European forecast and it's very cold all the way to Southern Spain.:eek:

Take it easy guys.....

yep we can vouch for it being a spot on the cold side in france - here in the Central Massif ie south of Limoges we is mostly snowed in ;) main routes are open and services working though ;) Bon Route

I can ride my bike with a sidecar in the snow, but not without the extra wheel. (That sound odd, but you know what I mean, ...-don't you?)
Kids are using ''supporting wheels'', like this.
-Do we hope Touratech are going to make a type for motorbikes? :nenau

They could be useful sometimes...
I know some bikers have skies on the bike, so why not?

Best luck! :thumb2

:) Liv.

Attachments

• sykkel med støttehjul.jpg
    sykkel med støttehjul.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 153
update at 5.00 on Friday 8th Jan

Lets hope i get this right (get a pencil and paper for next call)

Sid just called and he has arrived in Orleans and is camped in a cheep hotel getting warm ...

Glen is in another hotel the other side of Orleans in another hotel also getting warm

Seems they lost each other and will meet up in the morning .

As for John .

He was last heard of going round and round Paris ... :blast

:nenau not sure whats going on but they all seem to have got split up and well they are big boys and they have phones they will find each other again ....

(martin refused to upload the other photos as in his words my phone takes Cr*p photos)

Back
Top Bottom