Sockpuppet down

Hi guys. Out of surgery.

Due to the language barrier they did not want to use a general anastetic as I couldnt understand what they were saying. Instead they used a few injections in my spine. Effectivly paralising me from the neck down.

Not a plesant experiance and I have so much respect for people in wheel chairs now.

Bike is on its way home, same for me tommorrow hopefully.

Must say public thanks to Andre and the others. They are absoloute stars and I really , really owe them a lot.

Really sad to see this...

Are you OK getting back, or do you need any help at this end?

Hi guys. Out of surgery.

Due to the language barrier they did not want to use a general anastetic as I couldnt understand what they were saying. Instead they used a few injections in my spine. Effectivly paralising me from the neck down.

Not a plesant experiance and I have so much respect for people in wheel chairs now.

Bike is on its way home, same for me tommorrow hopefully.

Must say public thanks to Andre and the others. They are absoloute stars and I really , really owe them a lot.

Hope your ankle heels well mate. You'll probably be feeling a bit disappointed at the moment (Slight understatment!!) but there will be plenty of opportunities to do something similar (The trip that is!). Afterall, you're just a young pup :D. If you need any help/assistance when you get back to Leicester, just let me know. If I can, I will, if I can't I'll probably know a man that can.:beerjug:

Called in to see the man himself last night, despite it all he's still smiling FFS!

765580857_aZqKn-L.jpg

765580871_fp9qe-L.jpg

Seems like the time scales of flying home today might be a bit optimistic but his travel insurance company are making contact with the hospital to see what's needed to get Richard back home.

Bike insurers are arranging to get the bike back as well, mind you it might be a bit lighter than it was before by the time the rest of the group stripped what they wanted from it. :augie

765573298_iFGw7-L.jpg

765573400_VjbED-L.jpg

Just caught up with this and absolutely gutted for you but glad you are okay. I couldn't understand why Rogers GPS showed them in the same location but all makes sense now.

After all that planning and waiting its gone tits up and you must be feeling so down (although don't look it in the photos).

I've seen all your gear advertised in the local Aberdeen paper so Gert and Bhud are looking after you:augie:augie

Hope you get repatriated soon.:thumb2

AndyT:cool:

Really sad to see this...

Are you OK getting back, or do you need any help at this end?

Thanks for the offer toad. I should be ok getting back.

I got my travel insurance through Campbell Irvine and they've got a spanish speaking guy on the phone 24/7 working to get me home.

They cover touring via motorbike as long as its yours and you are wearing a helmet.

I paid £450 for 12 months cover (continous trip) and think right now what the costs of this accident are going to be and getting me home its nothing.

Thanks for the offer toad. I should be ok getting back.

I got my travel insurance through Campbell Irvine and they've got a spanish speaking guy on the phone 24/7 working to get me home.

They cover touring via motorbike as long as its yours and you are wearing a helmet.

I paid £450 for 12 months cover (continous trip) and think right now what the costs of this accident are going to be and getting me home its nothing.

Yup ... Campbell Irvine are very good ... we had to use them last year :eek:

So sorry to hear about this mate... but sooo glad you're OK and on the mend. Time to get the atlas out and start planning another trip eh :)

Take care and get well soon :thumb
:beerjug:

Sorry to read about this, but at least you're young and will bounce back :thumb2
I wouldn't dream of leaving these shores without the backup you so wisely took out :thumb2
You've got a good crew of blokes there to see that you and your bike are OK before moving on with the trip...[and maybe part of your bike :augie:augie]

Now on a more serious note, tell nurse, that bloke in next bed wants his Piss Bag emptied
:hide

Will you need an Indian visa to get back into Leicester :nenau

Todays update.

I've been grounded :( and feel like a naughty school boy.

Tried in vain to tell the nurse for 2 hours that I wanted to go to the loo and not crap into a bucket on the ward. The toilet being all of 10 feet away. I tried to simulate her taking my IVs off so I could make it there but she wouldn't.

So I did it myself. I'm not sure what she said when she found out but I don't think she was happy.

Boldened by my not shitting myself in bed success I decided to get mobile. Using my fantastic drawing ability and some spare paper I had I successfully presented a case for some crutches so as I put it I could venture to the toilet and back without the need for help.

An hour later and some shiney crutches were mine. I was free again and true to my word used them to get to the toilet - then I got demob happy.

Putting on the only pair of trousers I was wearing that day to survive the paramedic scissors I well sort of went accross the road to a shop. Not that the hospital food is bad but there is only so much soup one man can take and I really fancied some Sprite.

Got back to the ward to find a not too happy porter wondering where I was. Oh eck. So now I've lost the privledge of the crutches. Damn it. Today was a trial run, tommorrow as they've now told me I'll be here till Tuesay was to track down the bike. The guys were foolish enough to leave me with details of its location, google maps thinks its about a mile and a bit each way - which I think it doable.

In any case its a moot point as I think I'm under house arrest for the rest of my stay here :(

Though I did get a success. The insurance comapny have agreed today that any medic flight back to the UK will be from Malaga and the taxi will definatly stop by the bike on the way so I can see it (told them my passport was in its panniers and I had the key, in truth I just want to go and see it).

Well if it was your bike what would you want to do?

Todays update.

Tried in vain to tell the nurse for 2 hours that I wanted to go to the loo and not crap into a bucket on the ward. The toilet being all of 10 feet away. I tried to simulate her taking my IVs off so I could make it there but she wouldn't.

So I did it myself. I'm not sure what she said when she found out but I don't think she was happy.

Boldened by my not shitting myself in bed success I decided to get mobile. Using my fantastic drawing ability and some spare paper I had I successfully presented a case for some crutches so as I put it I could venture to the toilet and back without the need for help.

An hour later and some shiney crutches were mine. I was free again and true to my word used them to get to the toilet - then I got demob happy.

Putting on the only pair of trousers I was wearing that day to survive the paramedic scissors I well sort of went accross the road to a shop. Not that the hospital food is bad but there is only so much soup one man can take and I really fancied some Sprite.

Got back to the ward to find a not too happy porter wondering where I was. Oh eck. So now I've lost the privledge of the crutches. Damn it. Today was a trial run, tommorrow as they've now told me I'll be here till Tuesay was to track down the bike. The guys were foolish enough to leave me with details of its location, google maps thinks its about a mile and a bit each way - which I think it doable.

In any case its a moot point as I think I'm under house arrest for the rest of my stay here :(

Though I did get a success. The insurance comapny have agreed today that any medic flight back to the UK will be from Malaga and the taxi will definatly stop by the bike on the way so I can see it (told them my passport was in its panniers and I had the key, in truth I just want to go and see it).

Well if it was your bike what would you want to do?

top man keep them on their toes:D:D:D:D:D

The guys were foolish enough to leave me with details of its location, google maps thinks its about a mile and a bit each way - which I think it doable.

Mile away as the crow flys not as the puppet hobbles so don't even consider it without a taxi ya numpty. :augie

Bikes safe although stripped of anything we considered useful, which I'd taken that 60csx mount you had, my Nav II has succumbed to the ravages of salted roads :blast

We are slumming it here until tomorrow when we will sort the tyres so behave yourself, your only up the road according to google maps :D

Todays update.

:blast Fantastic. Great to hear you're in good form :beerjug:

Sounds like Douglas Bader and his tin legs getting confiscated - Maybe a remake of the film called "Reach for the Pie":augie

Sounds like your in good spirits which is the main thing.

AndyT:cool:

Top Hole :thumb2 Sockpuppet.
Algy and Ginger are doing a recce flight tonight.
If you get a chance flash a light from your ward/cell window as soon as you hear the Lanc' and they'll parachute a new set of ENGLISH crutches via laser sights...
So Chin Chin old boy, keep your 'tache waxed and we'll have you back in Blighty before you know it.....:rob.
Now burn this message before the damn Dagoes see it :augie:augie:augie

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Richard:blast Hope your back on 2 wheels soon.

Back
Top Bottom