Thunder's Road - Calum's Road 2010

Thunder

Reaction score
Right, it's been done, I'm home, have started sorting out the pictures and videos from the trip (you would not believe how many) and will begin composing a report shortly but to start the ball rolling here's a kpz file for Google Earth to let you see where we went. :D

Spot Trackers are a wonderful thing! :thumb

Attachments

• Thunder's Road.kmz
    53.7 KB · Views: 502

Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: Unknown

Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

You may search the following Web site for related software and information:

Search the web

The off.

785250827_B5qWy-L.jpg

Left Chateau Thunder just after 8pm on the 6th of January 2010 to catch the ferry to Birkenhead, so many layers on I needed a hand to get my leg over the bike, this did not bode well for the rest of the trip as asking strangers at various stopping points " Would you mind helping me to get my leg over?" did not seem like a good idea!

Temperatures well below freezing, side roads like glass with compacted snow and ice but the main roads were clear enough thankfully although once you got off those things got interesting and just a little bit slippery. Riding through the docks to the terminal had the back end stepping out more than once.

785254900_jQfJk-L.jpg

Safely on board and layers peeled in my cabin I went for some light refreshment and a bite to eat.

785256485_stpw3-XL.jpg

785256538_wY49P-XL.jpg

Unfortunately I have since been informed that deep fried cauliflower and broccoli does not count as part of my five a day regime.

Got off the ferry in Birkenhead just before 7 am, the docks were glistening in the street lights and decided to take the long way round to Neil's place using the motorways rather than the direct route through the tunnel and Liverpool. Bloody glad I did, motorways for the most part gritted but still the odd patch of ice to make things interesting and tighten the sphincter.

As it was still pretty early I rode passed the road to Neill's off junction 23 and headed into a large Shell service station to grab a coffee, have a pee and ring Neill to announce my imminent arrival.

Bloody mistake that was, entrance was also an exit onto the roundabout and there is a slope up to the parking areas and pumps covered in comp0acted snow and ice. Large artic heading down said slope started sliding, meaning I had to cut across ruts at a leisurely pace, next thing I know the wheels have had enough and over goes the bike on its side with me under it. :blast

No damage to the bike, no one hurt and plenty of help getting her back to the vertical. Added some go juice into the garage to do the payment thing and asked for the toilets to find they were out of order. Should have just gone direct to Neils after all. :drool

Made it back down to the garage exit, sphincter tightening is not the word :eek:, negotiated an icy roundabout back to the road I'd passed 30 minutes previously, sphincter tightening is not the word :eek: and had a relatively gentle bimble on a gritted main road before turning on to a side road for the final ride to maison Hughes. Won't say it was bad, all I'll say is it was an experience.

759378010_8fmVc-L.jpg

785250972_s8CH7-L.jpg

Friday afternoon saw the arrival of Gert and Dave ready for the run down to Folkestone on Saturday where we to meet with Mike (who had just collected his “new” bike following the spontaneous combustion of his original 1200 GSA 10 days before), Andres and Richard.

9/1/2010

785309865_VHZqA-X3.jpg

Snow was still falling but Saturday morning dawned bright and clear albeit still freezing, bidding the Hughes clan a fond farewell we headed off on to the M6 and the run to the coast. All went well until we hit the M20 just after dark and the snow came on with a vengeance, basically the road disappeared in a total white out and we covered 20 odd miles with the bikes sliding all over the place.

785272500_pfGup-L.jpg

Arriving at Folkestone I got a call from Andres to say they had been pulled off the motorway further up and told it would not be advisable to continue. Luckily there was a Premier Inn at that junction so they could transfer their bookings, unfortunately being on a motorway there was no bar, a problem we did not have.

785272024_NmHjm-L.jpg

10/1/2010

785309946_WfTHZ-X3.jpg

Sunday morning saw us up early to unload Mikes bike from his brother in laws van. He’d picked it up from the dealers on Thursday and stayed up to 3am on the Friday morning changing it from it’s original vario luggage (previous owner had fitted it) back to the GSA luggage and packing the bike with icicles hanging from the roof!

Thing is until we unloaded the bike for the run down to the chunnel terminal he’d not had a chance to ride it so was starting the trip on brand new tyres, dedicated or what?

785275123_m4tSx-L.jpg

Off to the Chunnel, missed the 9.20am crossing so had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. Got a call from Andres to say he was on the 9.20 and would meet us in France, Richard had to head back to see Steptoe as he was having engine problems and would catch us up later.

Temperatures? Still below freezing and lots of ungritted roads. :eek:

785275206_TL4Dc-L.jpg

785275580_9zqWo-L.jpg

785275654_3sUfP-L.jpg

My bike was displaying signs of the UK's use of salting on the motorways by displaying a rather natty coating on the exhausts.

785276002_mKd4T-L.jpg

Having met up with Andres at the French end of the tunnel we headed south in an attempt to get round Paris on a Sunday which was supposed to be relatively quiet. Plan was to use the ring road but at the last minute a certain member of the group decided it would be more interesting to show us the sites so taking the lead he took us right through the centre. What fun that was (well looking back on it it was) avoiding the Parisian drivers and trying to stay in site of the group. :augie

Safely through we bedded down for the night at an Ibis south of the city.

11/1/2010

Paris to Issoire

785310073_jgbEU-X3.jpg

Still cold, well cold and lots of snow which necessitated stopping regularly for coffee and a pee.

785359312_5WLwi-L.jpg

<object width="425" height="284" ><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2010012201.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9Nzg1MzYzNzEyJms9ajV6MzMmYT0xMTIwMDg1OF9nV1hZNiZ1PVRodW5kZXJnb2Q=" /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2010012201.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9Nzg1MzYzNzEyJms9ajV6MzMmYT0xMTIwMDg1OF9nV1hZNiZ1PVRodW5kZXJnb2Q=" width="425" height="284" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Bedded down for the night at an Etap and posed for a couple of pics.

785348533_RfCd3-L.jpg

785347840_xVx7B-L.jpg

Local Pizza place seemed to be sorted for deliveries in the snow.

785354202_N85E5-L.jpg

TBC :thumb

12/1/10

785310138_fv8sY-X3.jpg

Today we headed for the Milhau Bridge with the intention of stopping over in Perpignan, simple route with the famous bridge thrown in, but oh no not today!

Today we hit fog, saw it coming not an issue but then we hit it and the temperature dropped to -17 degrees, not just fog but freezing fog! Within a minute visors had frozen over, now not a problem if your a non glasses wearer but for yours truly once the visor went up the next thing I new the world disappeared, frozen glasses!! :eek:

Managed to pull over onto the section of the road beside the arco, all 3 foot of it. Gert and Mike following pulled in as well and provided cover while I dug in my panniers for my contact lenses, pretty scary when lorries and cars were rushing past out of the mist! :eek:

Contacts fitted it was back on the road.

785363721_KYAQr-L.jpg

785364026_L23p2-L.jpg

785364652_528dr-L.jpg

785365348_9WdhK-L.jpg

785364325_xtbYv-L.jpg

Intention was to video the ride over the Milhau bridge but it was so cold the helmet cam failed. :tears

Made it to Perpignan safely and settled in for the night, food was decent enough although a container on wall had the non French speakers puzzled. :D

785360749_LvNEY-L.jpg

785360931_ceT3X-L.jpg

785361163_77JsL-L.jpg

785360566_GgWKs-L.jpg

Next stop Spain! TBC :thumb

13/1/10

785310203_NuSyf-L.jpg

Spain at last and its not snowing, not that warm at the border but temperatures in the positive for the first time since we left and would you believe it the sun is shining :bounce1

785402353_AaRZi-L.jpg

785403727_uw6JR-L.jpg

785402636_5wqYX-L.jpg

Of course mother nature was ready to bring us back to earth quickly enough, it started to get windy, so much so that when we parked the bikes in the car park of one of the service areas a French biker on a Ducati came in having seen us to tell us to move between the buildings as bikes regularly got blown over, decent of him who ever he was. :thumb

785406524_pHjEB-L.jpg

That night we bedded down in a hotel for the infirm in Benidorm, Sid and John were already there while Glenn had gone off to path-find in Algeceris, place was roasting even the receptionist had a 3 bar fire going full blast behind her desk :eek:

As we stood checking in with sweat trickling down our faces we asked why it was so hot and were informed the elderly residents liked it that way. We found 2 in the bar and went with a group photo.

785410384_T8Cja-L.jpg

As it was a bar purchasing alcohol was the thing to do, we did it for most of the evening. :jager

Next stop Granada TBC :thumb

14/1/2010

785310315_KbcoT-X3.jpg

What started off as a gentle bimble to meet up with Richard for some site seeing in Granada turned out to be one of the most stressful days of the trip so far, I say so far cause we had a few more ahead of us but more of those later.....

785959973_Z9CYp-L.jpg

As we headed up the road and started to climb we were hit by winds, I say winds rather than wind as they came from all directions, just when you thought you were compensating by leaning the bike the direction changed and had you all over the place, and as for passing trucks and artics well that was an interesting experience.

We stopped for a break and a coffee at a petrol station in the mountains making damn sure to park the bikes in as sheltered position as possible.

785960517_SC93x-L.jpg

785475882_oHLV6-L.jpg

As we started the descent into Granada the winds reduced but then it started to rain, as we hit the outskirts of the city it was chucking big time and keeping 6 bikes together was hard going but we managed it and thanks to Andres local knowledge eventually ended up finding a parking space in the centre.

785960658_o3XJg-L.jpg

Across the road we found a little tapas bar for a coffee and a warm up , (the staff did not look too pleased at the pools of water gathering on the wooden floors under our dripping gear) and to contact Sockpuppet to arrange to meet, sent him the details by text, 5 minutes later my phone rings, it's Richard telling me he's dropped his bike, is still under it and thinks he's broken his leg! :eek:

Now initial reaction is it's a wind up but from the sound of his voice it soon becomes apparent he's serious so Operation Rescue Richard began.

Andres and Dave headed off on their bikes to were he was (or thought he was it turns out :blast) Gert and I headed off to find a base camp with secure parking (OK it was a four star hotel with a swimming pool on the roof but it was an emergency :augie) while Sid, John and Mike watched our dripping gear and the bikes to protect them from the locals and an increasingly irate tapas bar owner.

785960794_2Wmnk-L.jpg

Rang Dave and found they had found Richard's bike in the custody of the local constabulary, Richard had been taken to hospital in an ambulance apparently being restrained with screams of "It's just a scratch, hows the bike?" Andres with his superior Spanish headed for the hospital to find the scratch was in fact a smashed ankle and ended up spending about 6 hours at there being watched by a couple of female security guards while he waited for news.

Dave stayed with Richards bike and waited while Gert took Sid pillion to collect it and bring it back to the hotel and the safety of it's underground garage. Of course I mean safety from the locals but not the Calum's Road team that is. :D

765573315_7aj6R-L.jpg

765573369_nm5K7-L.jpg

765573400_VjbED-L.jpg

Dave and John were on guard at this point but with the promise of a few beers turned a blind eye. :augie

765573332_foFuB-L.jpg

With Andres back from the hospital and the full details of Richard's injury revealed we adjourned to the bar to discuss the situation. Our plan had to collect our tyres from the garage storing them and have them fitted on Friday morning as the garage was closed on Saturday and Sunday, but until arrangements had been made for Richard and his bike that was not going to happen. :blast

After a call to Glenn who had already sorted his tyres out he offered to rent a car Friday morning, drive up, collect the tyres and bring them back to the hotel we would be staying at.

With that we retired to bed.

Hot off the Press Daily observer Gambia

Intrepid motorcyclists arrive The Gambia
Africa » Gambia
Thursday, February 11, 2010
The people of the Kudang ward of Niamina East recently gave a warm welcome to seven intrepid motorcyclists who completed a 4,700 kilometer motorcycle ride from Calums road in Scotland to the road which has affectionately been nicknamed Calums road in The Gambia.

The riders made the journey in order to raise funds to help with the cost of rehabilitating the road. The road is in fact the vast four kilometres of the Kudang-Kuntaur road which is in desperate need of repair as it is impassable.

The cyclists encountered and overcame many challenges during their trip and several members of the team had to drop out due to the adverse weather conditions in Europe. When they left Scotland there were severe weather warnings and the British police were advising people against using the roads which were covered with ice. There were also the dangers associated with travelling through Mauritania due to the number of recent kidnappings, but the bikers were determined to fulfill their promise and raise money for the building of the road.

The late Stella Brewer Marsde who launched the internationally renowned Chimpanzee Rehabilitation Association had tried to find funding for the road before her untimely death and the last request she made to her sister was that money should be raised to help the people of the area to build the road.

Stella’s family and the people of the communities surrounding the road are very grateful to the Calums road motorcyclists for the invaluable contributions they have made to the road building fund. The motorcyclists were surprised and delighted with the warm welcome they received and said it was a pleasure to help. They also indicated their intention to return to witness the official opening of the road when the work is completed.

Author: Daily observer

15/1/2010

Still in Granada, woke up to discuss the options for the day, particularly what to do about getting Richard home.

After searching through his bike we found some of his documentation relating to his travel insurance, but nothing about his bike insurance so Andres volunteered to head off to the hospital to see ask Richard about it and at the same time see what news the medical staff had for us.

Now given that Andres has a decent grasp of Spanish where the rest of us (excluding Gert) mainly got by with " Hallo, please, thanks, one more of the same, a large beer and a vodka and diet coke" in our Spanish repertoire this seemed like a good idea. :augie

We decided it best to check if the hotel had rooms available for another night and also if we could still have them after the late night discussions in the bar (it got a bit noisy :jager) as it looked like we would be in Granada for most of the day. Glenn had confirmed he was on his way to get the tyres and take them to the Hotel Christina in Algeceris where we intended to meet up for the crossing to Tangiers so with nothing else to do four of us headed off to see the sites, one stayed at home to write his blog and Mikey went back to bed to catch up on his "teen" sleep. :augie

As no bikes where involved this day I'll let some pictures do the talking. :D

We strolled the city in the sunshine admiring the views.

786570947_M6FDs-L-1.jpg

786571022_BPcka-L.jpg

Dave admired his watch

786570891_vDK55-L.jpg

and selected ingredients for our morning snack

786571097_HKQYK-L.jpg

For some reason Jeanette Winterson's novel came to mind at this moment, bonus points to the first person to name it! :augie

Having decided to head up to The Alhambra we stopped off on the way for some refreshment and a natter.

786571156_RaTxa-L.jpg

Gert and Dave looked serious.

786571217_T5J7H-L.jpg

The waitress remembered me from my last visit and brought me my usual, well it was after 10 in the morning. :D

786571278_z3PLV-L.jpg

Duly refreshed we climbed the hill.

786571552_5EFD5-L.jpg

786571603_5mEK6-L.jpg

786571860_oqjkp-L.jpg

786571805_PaGcy-L.jpg

and enjoyed the wonders of Moorish Spain

786572562_qurrx-L.jpg

786572315_sF5Vy-L.jpg

Dave relaxed

786572372_s9FXG-L.jpg

before starting his shift as a bouncer at a local club

786572436_qSLC4-L.jpg

Gert had trouble standing

786572015_83UjC-L.jpg

Dave went back to relaxing while John evaluated his performance.

786572146_GSEzq-L.jpg

We all admired the view

786572503_eEaYA-L.jpg

before heading over to the hospital to see Richard

786572624_bLvNB-L.jpg

and discuss his case as if we knew what we were talking about.

786572835_WmMTf-L.jpg

786572783_fQMKR-L.jpg

Having met up with Andres and discovered he had been able to find all Richard's documentation after his morning visit and managed to sort out both the repatriation of said Tosser and his machine as there was no way he could continue with a smashed ankle we decided to head off the next morning to Algeciras to meet Glenn and sort out the tyres.

Bidding Richard a fond farewell we headed back to the hotel for a final check on his bike in case we had missed anything the previous day before adjourning to the bar for some pre-packing refreshments.

16/1/2010

Algeceris

785310394_Xuhoz-X3.jpg

Headed off on the Saturday morning for a gentle bible down to meet Glenn, what a surprise no winds, no rain and the sun was shining, happy days? Well almost just to take the shine off the trip the local authorities had decided to start resurfacing the main road that week and we had 30 odd miles of freshly scraped tarmac to contend with, were we concerned? Hell no but the bikes didn't half get a good shaking. :eek:

Stopped on route for a coffee, fag and pee break, the sun was out and clothes were being shed and stowed on the bikes.

786693723_rVF9x-L.jpg

Andres legged it when he saw the toilets where out of hand cream. :augie

786694304_D96U3-L.jpg

I just admired the view. :augie

786694093_ANDZU-L.jpg

As we arrived at the Hotel we found a welcoming committee in the form of Glenn and his camera, he'd had to rough it there for 3 days and was starting to feel the strain. :augie

<object width="425" height="240" ><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2010012201.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9Nzg2NjIwMzYzJms9WmNmTXQmYT03NDUwMzIwXzlhRWhmJnU9VGh1bmRlcmdvZA==" /><embed src="http://cdn.www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2010012201.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9Nzg2NjIwMzYzJms9WmNmTXQmYT03NDUwMzIwXzlhRWhmJnU9VGh1bmRlcmdvZA==" width="425" height="240" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

786695687_ZwWWf-L.jpg

786695172_QT8Gu-L.jpg

786694928_bczd7-L.jpg

786702850_Egpq3-L.jpg

An old colonial hotel it some unusual features including a roaring log fire in reception which made us feel right at home :rob

786705267_Sw88F-L.jpg

We adjourned to the terrace appropriately attired in our finest adventurers gear

786696691_wSf6g-L.jpg

A nice man in an orange vest was at our beck and call

786699390_WVHoJ-L.jpg

we called him beck a lot :blast

786695931_zeDKm-L.jpg

As the day wore on and the drinking continued we saw the first examples of the strange effects of adventuring.

Andres played us a tune on his imaginary Stylophone

786700686_YttLj-L.jpg

John played imaginary cats cradle

786701079_whzej-L.jpg

Gert grinned inanely even though we had super-glued his elbow to a lamp post

786701550_h9zgK-L.jpg

I cried at the price of oil :tears

786697543_nWAkv-L.jpg

and Sid began to develop unnatural feelings for Dave................

786701323_QUtPZ-L.jpg

who went off to play "My petrol caps better than yours with Mikey." :D

786698231_7XFsa-L.jpg

Algeceris part 2, (still Saturday)

As the day wore on we continued to keep the old man in the Orange vest (he made me home sick for Norn Iron he did :augie) busy, took him ages to deal with our orders so by when he delivered one we ordered another which seemed to work. :jager

As the day wore on Sid's infatuation with Bhud got stronger :ymca

786702086_3u8Ef-L.jpg

Gert managed to free himself from the lamp post

786701834_Qm5xh-L.jpg

and I decided to go and change the oil on the bike for some fresh mineral while Glenn slipped behind me to hold my bag!

786699732_8tQsn-L.jpg

2.8 litres of old oil, 2 heavy duty bin bags, sorted :thumb

We returned to the terrace for additional refreshments and one by one ended up looking across the straits to Africa.........

786697710_XaTgf-L.jpg

786702587_h4jEm-L.jpg

786702385_RtZi7-L.jpg

before heading to our rooms to shower (well some of us :augie) and get ready for dinner :beer:

Dave and I decided to mark reaching the end of Europe in traditional style

786705549_kPeQo-L.jpg

and had to explain to Sid in graphic detail that the term skirts and the use of his digital camera could be hazardous to his health :augie

After a rather decent all you can eat buffet and some additional refreshment we adjourned to watch the entertainment.

786705837_ZUbFR-L.jpg

786705691_tWLEc-L.jpg

Saturday night was salsa night in the hotel with a live band ( well duo, keyboards and a woman with a big pair of lungs, think Alison Moyet 20 years older, you'll get the idea) and the locals were allowed in to strut their stuff on the sprung dance floor, was a hoot. :D

As the night wore on the sounds of " sheee youuu, your my beshtest mate youuu isshhh" increased the concern of the locals, so much so we were invited to go to our rooms, which we eventually did.

Sunday had begun.....................

TBC

Keep it coming Roger, its almost as though it was written by Whatton.... is that a good thing or a bad thing!!:augie

I could not aspire to such high heights, I'm not worthy to touch the hew of his garment I'm not, it's just a personal view of the trip backed up by some photographic evidence. :augie

Be patient though, Africa awaits, camera batteies defrosted and we still have 2 days in Spain :D

Algeceris part 3, (Sunday)

786700331_S7HWN-L.jpg

An early start on a nothing to do day as the tyres could not be changed until Monday found that the bikes had some personalisation be a not so "secret admirer" from the night before. :kissy2

786706993_mesXR-L.jpg

786706309_LXLuD-L.jpg

786706584_msTrP-L.jpg

787163211_QEHpJ-L.jpg

In addition to the pink lippy hearts Sids freshly washed machine had been marked out for special attention by the local bird life! I blame the UKGS Club stickers, none of the other bikes had been crapped on! :D

787162857_DBcai-L.jpg

Mike was so shocked at what had been done he called the telephone number that had been left on his bike and spent 20 minutes asking all sorts of questions of the offender including what she was wearing. Dedication above and beyond the call of duty to ensure an accurate description for the local police.:rolleyes:

786706434_cV84U-L.jpg

After a late breakfast people got ready for some Sunday activities.

Mike, Gert Dave and Sid were heading for Gibraltar for some last minute duty free shopping, Andres and John were heading off to look for some trails to play on, while Glen had decided to spend the day dressed as a Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle for no other reason that he had brought the costume.

787188603_oaJDD-L.jpg

As I had decided to hang around the hotel, make use of the free wi-fi to contact the world and do some research on the Mauri situation before we crossed into the dark continent Sid kindly offered to take over my roll of last person to put on their helmet and gloves while everyone else sits revving their engines. He must have liked it as he did a repeat performance a few times but not with my style and panache according to Dave :D

786766431_GbcGN-L.jpg

786766647_VyJKq-L.jpg

In historic Gibraltar our adventurous four parked up in a Morrisons car park

787164362_ofU8J-L.jpg

and promptly headed off past the store to see the sights

787164612_CwxAx-L.jpg

Dave found a traditional Gibraltese ice cream vendor and treated everyone to a local delicacy, a 99 with raspberry sauce,

787165290_JhXSb-L.jpg

787170908_kwiT8-L.jpg

and a Sueeze Up for Sid as he did not understand what Dave meant when he asked " Do ya fancy a wee poke?"

Luckily they found a handy map to indicate their current location and where Africa was as they had left their GPS units at the hotel.

787167521_3tK2U-L.jpg

Luckily for the locals they had left their tools at the hotel as well, so it's still there!

More Africa staring took place

787170640_G3SZu-L.jpg

Followed by the traditional adventures bike wash

787168969_Lmadt-L.jpg

and obligatory "this is my bike, look how clean and shiny it is compared to that 22 year old thing your riding!" pictures. :rob

787169693_Rnqtu-L.jpg

787169485_mHXDd-L.jpg

All safely returned we adjourned to the terrace to see the little old man in the orange vest and discuss the day.

Algeceris part 4, (Monday)

The day we changed our tyres, well most of us that is Andres had ridden down on a fresh set of K60's and Glen had his TKC's fitted the previous Thursday so the rest of us had to be sorted out.

TKC's were strapped to the back of the bikes.

787181783_Rhh8i-L.jpg

787180937_3YDgW-L.jpg

787181971_GWCJj-L.jpg

Gert liked the adventure look so much he took a special picture of his new rubber and helmet. :ymca

787181259_K8dRD-L.jpg

We headed off as a group to a local Harley/ Ducati garage, Andres and John had tracked them down on the Saturday and being a proper garage the owner agreed to fit our tyres at a discounted rate if we removed the wheels from the bikes ourselves.

Being on Spanish time the garage could not trade before 10am so we left early to get the wheels off.

Being on Spanish time the owner arrived at 10.25 am and we then found he used a manual bead breaker and tyre levers rather than a machine, so it was going to take a while. :blast

He was a nice guy though, spoke perfect English and appreciated classic motorcycles. :rob

No problem then we were not in a rush, well mostly :augie

787183275_n4raw-L.jpg

787182891_ykNJv-L.jpg

787182532_8chQD-L.jpg

787182134_6JPyT-L.jpg

Gert decided he liked the look of TKC's strapped to the back of his bike so much he would keep the set he had riden down on and carry the new set as spares for that true adventure look!

787182750_UU33k-L.jpg

787183607_me6tW-L.jpg

787182330_QvbxX-L.jpg

Tyres off, owner doing his thing we admired some of his bikes.

787184598_hFp7h-L.jpg

787184429_RtUkK-L.jpg

787184815_acDxq-L.jpg

while Dave just admired the view

787183444_n24Ys-L.jpg

before going for a little lie down to recover from a tiring admiring session :rob

787184084_Rvwdo-L.jpg

By the time we had sorted the tyres, picked up some other bits and pieces it was past 2 in the afternoon.

Dave, Mikey, Gert and myself had always planned to ship some of our winter kit home from Southern Spain and in addition Richard had had a replacement part for his bike shipped to the hotel which also had to go back to the UK.

On the Sunday I'd spoken to the duty manager who had told me the hotel could arrange a courier to collect the packages from reception, but unfortunately when we went down on Monday morning we found it was his day off and the duty manager that day did not want to get involved. :tears

Given the time, the fact we still had to find and sort out a courier and reports we head read of getting through Moroccan immigration and customs we decided we decided it best to have another night here and the first ferry the next morning.

While initially not a popular decision with everyone our experiences the next day confirmed it was the correct one. :augie

Tomorrow, Morocco :bounce1

TBC :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom