New Manufactured Drive Shafts?

Now that is interesting, I wonder if they will supply different coloured neoprene bushes:ymca

No not because it's a :ymca parlever Kenny but because the different colors usually means different damping so we will be able to choose/change for a more aggressive feel for offroad :thumb2

On the subject, does anybody have a spare knackered shaft they will lend me please? Pats son has a tame shaft company who make his race car shafts, they have said they will have a look at the thing to see if they can make them with CV's:D i no peeps have said they do not move far enough but these guys seem to think the CV's they use do/will.
Lyn.

On the subject, does anybody have a spare knackered shaft they will lend me please? Lyn.

yes.
postage may be an issue though :blast
but if it's any use... :nenau

OOH. :bounce1
just remembered :rolleyes: i'm in the U.K. weekend after next (waves at Rob :D ) - i can bring it over.
maybe we can organise a "knackered shaft relay team" :D

yes.
postage may be an issue though :blast
but if it's any use... :nenau

OOH. :bounce1
just remembered :rolleyes: i'm in the U.K. weekend after next (waves at Rob :D ) - i can bring it over.
maybe we can organise a "knackered shaft relay team" :D

Og, i live in Holywell, 1 mile off the A55 if you are head out from Holyhead that is.
Bet you'll be flyin want you:blast
Lyn.:thumb

Og, i live in Holywell, 1 mile off the A55 if you are head out from Holyhead that is.
Bet you'll be flyin want you:blast
Lyn.:thumb

flying... with a driveshaft in me hand luggage. :green gri
dont tempt me - the look on the "authorities" faces would almost be worth it for sheer devilment! :D
nope - i am taking the Bike this time! :bounce1

IN: Saturday 20th (arrive EARLY a.m. ferry to Liverpool)*
OUT: Sunday 21st. (depart Holyhead - late ferry)

exact times/routes to be confirmed (and i hate motorways) - will get in touch when i know myself.

*haven't done this route in donkeys years - looking forward to it. :bounce1

I have enquired with the suppliers of the drive shaft who have provided the following information (posted with his consent). I don't know if this is allowed in the forum, if so please let me know:augie

There is also the caveat "but please mind that it can not be ordered yet."

Looking for a OEM price for a driveshaft the prices appear to be £385 at Motorworks and @400-500 Euro on mainland europe.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

We are testriding them right now and they are being produced right now.

It is a completely new design and not a rebuild.

All the parts can be sold separately, for repairs and that is more than the OEM BMW offers.

I think we wil have these available around april/may and the price wil be around the same as the OEM one.

Greetings,

M@t

Mat Beekers

BMW BOXER TOKO

Ysselsteynseweg 41

5813 BK Ysselsteyn (L)

0478 54 14 44

www.bmwboxertoko.nl

www.bmwboxersupplies.com

Wow what a lovely piece of kit. Wouldn't mind having that if heading off on a long overland trip.

flying... with a driveshaft in me hand luggage. :green gri
dont tempt me - the look on the "authorities" faces would almost be worth it for sheer devilment! :D
nope - i am taking the Bike this time! :bounce1

IN: Saturday 20th (arrive EARLY a.m. ferry to Liverpool)*
OUT: Sunday 21st. (depart Holyhead - late ferry)

exact times/routes to be confirmed (and i hate motorways) - will get in touch when i know myself.

*haven't done this route in donkeys years - looking forward to it. :bounce1

***OUT: Sunday 21st. (depart Holyhead - late ferry)***

Og! you will only be 1/2 a mile from my place as you pass the MakkyD's
on the A55 at Holywell, you's will have to call in for Coffee an cake.:D
Lyn.

***OUT: Sunday 21st. (depart Holyhead - late ferry)***

Og! you will only be 1/2 a mile from my place as you pass the MakkyD's
on the A55 at Holywell,
you's will have to call in for Coffee an cake.:D
Lyn.

who said i'm taking a straightforward route?! :green gri - thats surely dull dual cabbageway. :D

though... even I could find that! :blast
(can ride/cant navigate :pullface )

probably Saturday a.m. is best - am meeting Tarka for brekky - will meander your way after. will let you know when i've looked at maps.
that o.k for you? - e.t.a; 9ish.

dumb question Number Umpty Three; :rolleyes:

a used drive shaft in (as far as the eye can tell) good condition.

What's it worth?

trying to come up with a fair price for the kind donor that has taken his from his own Bike that's off the road for now - and given it to me.

details;
1991 model R100GS.

Thanks all - looking forward to all replies - dumb and sensible. :D :thumb

Back
Top Bottom