New Manufactured Drive Shafts?

6 years on, any feedback guys, did they last well? Not looking for shaft but just curious.

6 years on, any feedback guys, did they last well? Not looking for shaft but just curious.

Mine was modified at around 40k kms in 2007. Its now up to 110k kms. I have re-greased it once via the nipples. About due for it again soon.
Mine has cir-clipped caps, so the arm was eased.
My mates bike, done at the same time, is fairing similarly.

The original shafts mostly failed far too soon, and the shaft was redesigned and is now reputed to be bullet proof
There was no recall, you were left to run it until it shit itself. In Patagonia or wherever----------------.
There was no problem getting another one, as long as you paid the postage to get the failed shaft back for inspection.
And accommodation/recovery costs, mine failed 650km from the nearest repair shop-----------------.
The half arsed bronze bushed for the rear of the paralever failed as first designed too, and again they have been redesigned and are now reputed to work.
Dont know how the ignitions and alternators stand up but I am never going to find ouit personally
-Emerald Isle is the name to watch!@!~!*

Back
Top Bottom