An issue with Nippy Normans

nippy normans problems

I find this company infurating,anybody can send out a wrong part but trying to communicate with them is impossible.I purchased a headlight guard for my new GSA which does not fit.It goes back and then they only refund the cost of the part.they charged in the first place with postage which as it was over £45 it should be FREE! The final insult is again NO REPLY TO EMAIL
Purchaser beware buy someware else.:spitfire

Had similar with a touratech sat nav bracket a few years ago , 2 out of 4 of the rubber grommets were missing,I eventually got a reply .......all I wanted was a couple of grommets......wanted me to return the complete item at my cost plus pay for p &p for its replacement to be sent out.
Eventually spoke to NN and he was to say the least lacking in customer communication skills, in the end I sorted it out myself but it was poor customer support

nippy normans problems

the story so far had several emails back from NN asking how much i paid in postage!!! but no payment.I purchased a guard from Cymarc ,what a difference in service .NN sell his product but i recommend go to him direct.:blast

I won't be buying from NN again, if I want rude emails and crappy service I'll go to my ex wife

I've ordered quite a loy of stuff from Nippy over the years, despite his infuriating website, and so when I needed some new bits including Wunderlich levers for Mrs Berin's 800GS I just ordered from Nippy. The kit arrived quickly enough but when I was fitting the brake lever at the weekend I found it's for a 1200GS. No problem, I thought, mistakes happen, I'll just call Nippy on Monday and get it sorted out.

But - now there's no phone number, or any way of contacting the company except a contact form on the website. I hate that - it means I'm now relying on them to get back to me, and judging by the comments above it may not be a happy experience.

I'll report back,

I've ordered quite a loy of stuff from Nippy over the years, despite his infuriating website, and so when I needed some new bits including Wunderlich levers for Mrs Berin's 800GS I just ordered from Nippy. The kit arrived quickly enough but when I was fitting the brake lever at the weekend I found it's for a 1200GS. No problem, I thought, mistakes happen, I'll just call Nippy on Monday and get it sorted out.

But - now there's no phone number, or any way of contacting the company except a contact form on the website. I hate that - it means I'm now relying on them to get back to me, and judging by the comments above it may not be a happy experience.

I'll report back,

Good luck, your gonna need it

I'll report back,

I have experience of using their form communication on more than one occasion and they have been very quick to respond.

There was a similar thread last year. ( ran to many pages with lots of GS owners criticising him)
Nippy Normans seem to deliver lousy service. Plenty of alternative vendors out there .

It seems the lesson is; to simply avoid Nippy Norman. The evidence, from too many posters, is overwhelming.

I'll report back,

His number is on this forum somewhere, just do a search. Then call him!

His number is on this forum somewhere, just do a search. Then call him!

mmm. Had I read everything on here and his trustpilot 2* rating I wouldn't have ordered from him, but I last bought from him ages ago when there was customer service and a phone number! I did search but couldn't find a a number, if anyone has it I'd be grateful.

i have not used him for a while but due to impending new purchase arriving soon deceided to order a few essentials:D,first parcel arrived and contained the right items but for the wrong bike despite the invoice stating the correct bits had been charged for,ok so i use the contact me form and there first email admitted they had sent the wrong bits but there was no sorry we have sent the wrong bits,sorry that i need to post the box back it was just send them back and we will send the right bits by return,customer service lacking somewhat i feel

i have not used him for a while but due to impending new purchase arriving soon deceided to order a few essentials:D,first parcel arrived and contained the right items but for the wrong bike despite the invoice stating the correct bits had been charged for,ok so i use the contact me form and there first email admitted they had sent the wrong bits but there was no sorry we have sent the wrong bits,sorry that i need to post the box back it was just send them back and we will send the right bits by return,customer service lacking somewhat i feel

Right, he did get back to me via the contact form,quite promptly. We ascertained that they had sent the wrong part. I got no apology, just an email saying send the part back (my expense) and he will exchange it. ~As autogs said, somewhat lacking in customer service - his error, my inconvenience and cost.

And I just found out the levers are cheaper at rainbow!

In case it hasn't been mentioned Nippy Norman is a one man outfit.

Just bought a set of Fastway pegs from him - Another trouble free purchase, delivered promptly.

:beerjug:

I think I'll place another order with Nippy tonight. I'll tell Mrs Nutty that it's all in the name of research.:D

Back
Top Bottom