US exhaust/emision pipework removal

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey up
1990 r100GSPD
I am removing the pipework that connects just below the exhaust and goes into the airbox - I know somefolk have used a ballbearing to black the hole up
( using a nut off the pipework to hold it in place ) but
I have been told - by someone who know someone that a sump drain plug off a 8 valver fits the hole and looks better
I have been though no end of posts looking for an answer

Is this right please :thumb2
Or what have yer blocked yours up with please :thumb2

Thanks - yet again :thumb2

Hey up
1990 r100GSPD
I am removing the pipework that connects just below the exhaust and goes into the airbox - I know somefolk have used a ballbearing to black the hole up
( using a nut off the pipework to hold it in place ) but
I have been told - by someone who know someone that a sump drain plug off a 8 valver fits the hole and looks better
I have been though no end of posts looking for an answer

Is this right please :thumb2
Or what have yer blocked yours up with please :thumb2

Thanks - yet again :thumb2

Same mod I did Mick, have a,look when your over..... or bring the bits with you and we can do it here. Motorworks generally have all the bits mentioned in the kit you need to put together. A

Thanks for the help agin. I sold the bike a couple of years ago but it is a gearbox plug that caps it off
HTH folks

and another article here http://gunsmoke.com/motorcycling/r100rt/pulseAir/ with good pics although its a strange setup he has from the outset with the vacuum valves situated under starter cover and a whole load of holes in it.

Oh and double check those plug sizes when ordering, in my haste to do this job on my latest Gs I ordered engine sump drain plugs in error as opposed to gearbox drain plugs, so now I have a stock of about 5 engine sump drain plugs which will be unlikely to ever get used :blast

Back
Top Bottom