Hyperpro springs

Downloading instructions - pdf? - IT query

Can anyone tell me how to download/print these instructions to a Pdf so can have them beside the bike while fitting:thumb2 - thanks

Press F11 key, this will maximize the screen/pdf/webby you are looking at.

Press Print-Screen button (PrtSc) , now press F11 to drop out of full screen mode.

Open Paint, press ctrl + V (paste screen grab).

Now save it with a name to desktop or your filing system.

*This method only works on one image at a time*

Can anyone tell me how to download/print these instructions to a Pdf so can have them beside the bike while fitting:thumb2 - thanks

on the correct page
right click- select all
hover mouse over one of the highlighted bits -right click copy
then open a word document and paste it in then print

Hyperpro lowering kit

Fitted the kit this afternoon to lower the 800 by 50mm. Simple job, took me about 2 hours including lunch (to let the fork oil drain out)

I used rachet straps to compress the spring, and it worked a treat.

Took it out for a couple of hours and am very impressed. Feels much more solid in the bendy bits, and I can now get both feet down flat instead of tip-toes!

I am sure it's lost some suppleness off road, but I don't have much of that planned in the near future.

Overall, worth the £200 it cost.:thumb2

Fitted the 50mm lowering kit to my F8GS today and it's great to be able to put both feet down and handling feels real good :)
Thanks to Dave Ett for the instructions & photo's:thumb2

did anyone encounter a problem with the stands after lowering the bike.did they need to be altered in any way?thanks

did anyone encounter a problem with the stands after lowering the bike.did they need to be altered in any way?thanks

I've had no problem with the side or main stand, after fitting the kit :thumb2

I ordered kit today,and will post thoughts on differences when fitted.approx 2 weeks delivery.I intend to refit the full height seat to increase comfort on long rides.I hope this will work ok.Thanks for all the info,great photos of job in progress.:clap

Could any of you post some before and after pics of the bike.
I´d like to see the diffrence, if it´s even noticeable?

I've had no problem with the side or main stand, after fitting the kit :thumb2

Interesting that you've had no problems. I had a combi fitted and I've lowered the bike by 50mm - to keep the bike that low I think I need to do something with the side stand - the bike is near upright on the side stand now and has probably contributed to me dropping it once:D

Barry

Interesting that you've had no problems. I had a combi fitted and I've lowered the bike by 50mm - to keep the bike that low I think I need to do something with the side stand - the bike is near upright on the side stand now and has probably contributed to me dropping it once:D

Barry

Barry
The Hyperpro kit lowers the bike by increasing the suspension sag, when I get off the bike it returns to the original height, this may become an issue with heavy luggage on the bike, but as I said so far no problems :)

Barry
The Hyperpro kit lowers the bike by increasing the suspension sag, when I get off the bike it returns to the original height, this may become an issue with heavy luggage on the bike, but as I said so far no problems :)

Not my experience - the bike is set low. Must admit I had it fitted just before a trip around Italy and Switzerland a couple of weeks ago (and unfortunately its still it Switzerland) so my experience is a bit limited. I do know that with panniers empty there were certain cambers where the bike just wasn't safe - a bit of a wind and it would have blown over.

happy man

finally got the combi kit fitted to lower the bike by 50mm,also put the standard seat back on bike to improve comfort on longer trips..What a difference,The bike feels much more composed when ridden with spirit,and seems to steer much better.I dont feel the brakes are any better but the kit as fitted has transformed the bike.It took a while to get the correct preload and rebound setting for myself but was worth it.Its not too far from the recommendations that came with the kit.The only thing i notice now is that the bike is now a lot more upright when parked on the sidestand,To put it on the stand,I now have to slightly lean the bike to the right in order to deploy the sidestand without it catching the ground first.The solution is to remove the stand and cut 15-20 mm off,and weld a larger foot to the tubular stand.This will allow the camel foot to be removed,and the bike to lean a bit more.It now needs a bit more effort to put the bike on main stand.I cannot comment on the difference to offroad riding but I am delighted with the changes it has made.I would say this has to be the best value for money upgrade to the F800GS that can be made.Big thumbs up for Hyperpro and the great photos here on the forum.Thanks to all.:):clap

Lower. thanks.!

Good to hear someone else enjoying the upgrade. :)

Thanks for your helpfull discription and photos Dave. brilliant ! you made a daunting looking job easy. The only thing i did different, was to use straps like you, but with a tourniqet on the straps, saved me buying ratchet straps. and i used a thin piece of string just under the nut,to hold the damper rod up through the spring. then cut it off, when i put top cap on. and the string was handy for pulling rod up to get the oil out.
and it still goes on centre stand ok .
the bike stays more upright on side stand, much better.! cant wait to try it tomorrow. !

I've sold my F800GS and put the standard springs back in before sale.

So a 50mm lowering kit is for sale now.

On ebay at the moment.

Al

50mm lowering kit

:beerjug:fitted my kit tonight very easy to do thanks for the photos etc big help my missus will be touching the floor now!

25mm or 50mm.

Hi all,
I'm trying to work out whether to go for the 25mm or 50mm kit. I have the BMW low seat, and at just 5'5 can only just touch the ground with two tip-toes on the flat. Mind you, I'm quite used to it, having had the bike for 18 months. I'm quite light too at 64kg.
I do a bit of off road riding and am nervous about losing too much clearance, so thinking the 25mm kit..
Questions:
I'd be REALLY appreciative if anyone can post pics of the 25mm or 50mm lowered bike..
Do they definately only work by increasing sag though? If so, I'm a bit worried about this as struggle to get sag out of the F800GS in general as I'm so light. I get heaps better handling with some luggage on board, despite preload/dampner being on the softest....
What to do!?

As an addition, I'd appreciate any comments on handling changes. The standard hyperpros get a pretty good rap just as a suspension upgrade from stock... but I've found precious little info on whether I can expect dramatic handling improvements, in terms of suspension quality off road, comared to stock...

Back
Top Bottom