Flexible oil lines avail

Teaser

So, I am told that the first pipe was crimped today.

As the pipe fittings needed modification I have made a pressure test fixture to ensure we do not have any daft failures.

Now on a serious note. I will need the interested parties to have paid me through paypal as a gift by the 3rd of August. That is Wednesday next week.

The reason is, that apart from a huge bill that I will have to cover, I will also be going away from the 6th to the 20th of August. So if you want the pipes before I return, you have to pay and let me know your address. If you can all pay by the weekend, I will have the jiffy bags ready so there is no delay in the delivery to you.

Price as said in earlier threads, is 45 pounds including delivery to UK only.

Team3xh, your extra shipping will be dependent on whether you want a recorded delivery service. This will equate to 10 pounds more I am afraid.

Please contact me on dakar(at)blueyonder.co.uk if you have not already done so.

Here is a picture of the parts I have had to modify to make them compatible with the PTFE pipe.

IMAG0430.jpg

As many of you may have found, getting 16mm banjoes with a 12mm barb that is suitable for PTFE is nearly impossible. My supplier had to source them in from Germany. They are for rubber type hoses but by machining the sharp edges off, they become suitable for our purpose.

The supplier doing the crimping and supplying the pipe does all the high pressure stuff for my employer and has over 30 year experience. Although he said that he was more than confident in his first articles, I have insisted that they be pressure tested to 3Bar. This is 3 times the pressure the pipes are likely to see.

I have asked the guys to ensure we get 10 pipes done by Tuesday next week. Which means that there should be one more pipe available by then.

Note, there are 5 pipes to follow. These will either be advertised on here as 52 pounds delivered or on ebay for the general public at 55 pounds.

Regards

George

So, I am told that the first pipe was crimped today.

As the pipe fittings needed modification I have made a pressure test fixture to ensure we do not have any daft failures.

Now on a serious note. I will need the interested parties to have paid me through paypal as a gift by the 3rd of August. That is Wednesday next week.

The reason is, that apart from a huge bill that I will have to cover, I will also be going away from the 6th to the 20th of August. So if you want the pipes before I return, you have to pay and let me know your address. If you can all pay by the weekend, I will have the jiffy bags ready so there is no delay in the delivery to you.

Price as said in earlier threads, is 45 pounds including delivery to UK only.

Team3xh, your extra shipping will be dependent on whether you want a recorded delivery service. This will equate to 10 pounds more I am afraid.

Please contact me on dakar(at)blueyonder.co.uk if you have not already done so.

Here is a picture of the parts I have had to modify to make them compatible with the PTFE pipe.

IMAG0430.jpg

As many of you may have found, getting 16mm banjoes with a 12mm barb that is suitable for PTFE is nearly impossible. My supplier had to source them in from Germany. They are for rubber type hoses but by machining the sharp edges off, they become suitable for our purpose.

The supplier doing the crimping and supplying the pipe does all the high pressure stuff for my employer and has over 30 year experience. Although he said that he was more than confident in his first articles, I have insisted that they be pressure tested to 3Bar. This is 3 times the pressure the pipes are likely to see.

I have asked the guys to ensure we get 10 pipes done by Tuesday next week. Which means that there should be one more pipe available by then.

Note, there are 5 pipes to follow. These will either be advertised on here as 52 pounds delivered or on ebay for the general public at 55 pounds.

Regards

George

George, you're a true star mate. You have mail with my address.

:beerjug:

George, I'll also send "Plumbline" from the 650 site a message over there with your email address just incase he hasn't been in touch.

Regards

Jona :beerjug:

Hi guys

We have the following people on the list. If you are not on the list, you will have to wait until I get back from holidays.

1)Jona
2) Team3xh
3) Team3xh
4) Jonnywave
5) Paddyrfc
6) Timolgra
7) enabb
8) Zofo
9) Plumbline (from F650.uk site)
10)Cyclos (from F650.co.uk)

Pipe number number 1:

IMAG0431.jpg

Pipe number 1 being pressure tested today:

IMAG0432.jpg

We took it up to 5bar a opposed to the 3 bar. As you can see, no bubbles.

Thanks George ....

It's also Plumbline on the UKGSER site .... for some reason (prob. underuse) my username had been deleted on UKGSER ... it shouold noe be up and running again :)

Robb

Guys,

just to let you all know,

7 OF 8 PIPES ARE IN THE MAIL!!!!

Paddy, yours will be sent tomorrow as it has to be packaged with the Wheel

Johnnywave and Tim Olgra, please let me know if you still want the pipes.

Tracking numbers will be sent to everyone individually tonight.

Regards

Guys,

just to let you all know,

7 OF 8 PIPES ARE IN THE MAIL!!!!

Paddy, yours will be sent tomorrow as it has to be packaged with the Wheel

Johnnywave and Tim Olgra, please let me know if you still want the pipes.

Tracking numbers will be sent to everyone individually tonight.

Regards

Yes, I do please. Will try and sort it this evening or tomorrow:thumb

George, a big big thank you mate for a sterling job! :beerjug:

Once I get time to get it fitted I'll post up some feedback for you. Looks like a fine piece of engineering :thumb2

:beer:

Jona

Next week I'll have time to get this fitted! If anyone beats me to it get some feedback up :thumb

Hi Timolgra. I'm still interested if there are Amy left. I missed this update sorry for the late response.

Hi Timolgra. I'm still interested if there are Amy left. I missed this update sorry for the late response.

Jonny you need to E-MAIL or PM Komatias (George) as he is the one that has had these engineered mate. If you look further up this thread he has left his email address.

Jonny, your pipe has been waiting for you mate all packaged up and waiting for your payment and address. email me for payment details.

If Tim Olgra still wants his, we will be left with the 11th pipe I made for myself. This one will go to whoever else wishes it. Not going to have time to sort it out on my bike so same price as the others.

Further pipes will only be made if we get 5+ people interested.

Now, those of you that have received said pipe, I have not heard any feedback, apart from Jona. No-one fitted theirs yet?

Now, those of you that have received said pipe, I have not heard any feedback, apart from Jona. No-one fitted theirs yet?

Great bit o kit, bought for the wifes bike.....but been far too busy riding / tinkering with my own bike to fit it.......sorry..:D:D

Here are some photos of my installation of flexible oil line at one of our F650 GS
The old pipe was a hell to disassemble, so the jigsaw won! :p1zzed:

Attachments

• PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 343
  • PICT0044.JPG
    PICT0044.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 278
  • PICT0045.JPG
    PICT0045.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 263
  • PICT0048.JPG
    PICT0048.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 306
team3xh,

thanks for posting this. The pipe extends forward a lot and is very close to the headers. This may be a problem. I would suggest you trim the rubber hose that is connected to the oil reservoir such tat everything is tighter to engine cases like:
PICT0003.JPG

team3xh,

thanks for posting this. The pipe extends forward a lot and is very close to the headers. This may be a problem. I would suggest you trim the rubber hose that is connected to the oil reservoir such tat everything is tighter to engine cases like:

I've been searching for a photo of how one was fitted to my old Rallye bike, it wasn't routed forwards like these though with problems from the header pipe:confused:

Back
Top Bottom