camping food

why bother with pre packaged food.... carry pasta or quick boil rice, add dried onions/peas/mushrooms/stock cube, bit of meat or fish.... takes as long as a boil 'shite in a bag' and tastes a lot better, packs as small, cheaper:beerjug:

just as i thought! portable,eaten hot or cold and can be added to anything. if you`re a veggie i`m shure there was a mccartney sub for it and with alick of lead paint its fallout proof! oh just open it before you get :drool as it cuts down on them mystery wounds in the morning:beerjug:

You should try it before knocking! You would need 3 of you Wayfarers to equal 1 £2.20 Haggis.:eek:onyack

Wayfarer's are for overpaid homos!:ymca2

Ok your on. (The haggis that is) I will find some of the Northern offal and try it next time I'm out.

Ok your on. (The haggis that is) I will find some of the Northern offal and try it next time I'm out.

The Hall's & Simon Howie both come in plastic bags - The one's to go with!

The McSween is no better and comes in a sheeps stomach, this allows some of the beef suet to leach out, making a mess of your pans - Surprised at the Scots, as they usually like all the grease in their arteries.:flag

Sainsburys do a free from range of grub in bags and tastes good to, even better is they are only £1 a bag at present. Taking some with me to Scotland for camping.

Meatballs, Bombay potatoes, Chicken hotpot, Saag Aloo, Chickpea curry

http://www2.sainsburys.co.uk/food/allergies-intolerances/freefrom-range/freefrom

I think other shops stock these aswell

Tried these tonight - Tomato and Basil soup followed by Chicken Hotpot / Bombay Potatoes and Spicey Meatballs / Saag Aloo

Well they are top tucker :clap- had the Tobaco sauce waiting :D- but not needed :thumb2

The instructions say to pour into a pan and heat - but I put the pouches unopened into a pan of boiling water as this is how I will be cooking them when camping - 7 mins later and cooked to perfection.

These are comparable to other boil in the bag camping fodder - but at only £1 each a real bargain :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Attachments

• P3020008.jpg
    P3020008.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 648
  • P3020005.jpg
    P3020005.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 646
  • P3020006.jpg
    P3020006.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 650
  • P3020007.jpg
    P3020007.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 646
Bought 3 hotpots and 3 meatballs today. Bargain at only a quid each. Planning to keep as emergency/ spare food when we go to the Alps. Bonus too that you can boil them in the bags.

Glad you like them. They are top grub as they are aimed at the person that needs to eat a healthy meal, i chose them as i have problems with Gluten and wheat. And very tasty with it. I took a load camping on Mull this week, but just had one a night as opposed to you multi choice snack :augie

Tried these tonight - Tomato and Basil soup followed by Chicken Hotpot / Bombay Potatoes and Spicey Meatballs / Saag Aloo

Well they are top tucker :clap- had the Tobaco sauce waiting :D- but not needed :thumb2

The instructions say to pour into a pan and heat - but I put the pouches unopened into a pan of boiling water as this is how I will be cooking them when camping - 7 mins later and cooked to perfection.

These are comparable to other boil in the bag camping fodder - but at only £1 each a real bargain :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Tried one today (beef in black velvet porter). Surprisingly good. :thumb2

I'll be taking a few of these when I head off next week for a spin round France

Italy and Austria.

I found the meat balls a bit acidic (not good when added to a few sherberts) but the Hotpot is spot on. They are all a little on the small size for a hungry foraging tosser so I add lots of bread or a pita.

If you get stuck .......try pack'n'go food by

http://www.bewellexpeditionfoods.com/

have just finished a bean and veggie curry with a use by date of oct 08........

it was scrummy.........leave the boiling water in the bag for at least 15 mins ..not the 8 suggested......and enjoy

am just working thru all my out of date stuff...........

Guessed so, I work at a sains' and never seen them on offer :augie
Still better value then wayfarer'

On offer in Waitrose at the moment (they have the lot) about £2.25 for most and only £1.50 for the Spagbol sauce on it's own; this makes decent size meal if you add either fresh or ready pasta or noodles or lob a pack of microwave ready rice in. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom