camping food

Camping is a good idea and when you think of food , I guess , we must bring only those easy to prepare. Canned good and just a pitched meal must be brought to the site. Those food that are already prepared or easy to eat:)

I can see the attraction in having a few sachets tucked away for an emergency, like when you arrive late in the afternoon in the south of Harris and then remember it's Sunday. However, even there we managed to find a place to eat without gnawing on specks of dessicated shoe leather mixed with unidentifiable "vegetables". It was a close run thing though and the prospect of going hungry until Monday morning wasn't great.

sachet of flavoured cous cous always in reserve for me. And try to pick up some form of sausage to add to it during the day.

Tried the Beef In Ale from Look what we found very good only problem you need two portions to make a good filling meal after a long days trail riding.
Very easy to heat in a Jet Boil stove

Wayfair food from said store is good gear with good shelf life doesn't beat good pub grub but great if you've missed last orders. Boil in the foil bag using a good size jet boil.

Boil in the bag stuff is great, just boil it up, eat from the bag, use the water for a brew or cuppa soup then you just have a spoon and cup to wash, no burnt on food to get off. The curry, chilli or breakfast options taste better some of the rest are a bit bland

ThomasMc is right ... I believe Tesco are stocking them now but get a few bags of "Look what we found" .... really good stuff and plenty of choice. :)

ThomasMc is right ... I believe Tesco are stocking them now but get a few bags of "Look what we found" .... really good stuff and plenty of choice. :)

Look what we have found great food for camping, Tesco ,Waitrose
Used it in Iceland this year very good

15% off & free delivery

Look What We Found are offering 15% off and free delivery for orders over £40. That means if you buy there cheapest meals you can get them for £1.27 each delivered !!! I've just ordered a mixed bunch of 24 meals and got them for and average price of £1.46.

If you've had them before you'll know how tasty they are.

http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/

:drool:camping

Once the heading is set, the restaurants come next, then look for the decent winding roads to join them up.
MRE just never enters the equation.

Reasonable ingredients are widely available, even outside of cities.

Stuff for picnics, bread, cheese or ham or sausage, tomatoes, cucs or cooked beetroot and fresh fruit for pud.

Stuff for cooking simple, warm a tin (ie 2 tins for two people, not a tin of each per person) of puy lentils/canneloni/flagellet/borlotti any pulses. Add 1/2 small carton creme frais + lots of soft herbs if available. Plenty of pepper. Bread for mopping up and with the cheese. Fruit for pud and to use the last of the creme frais. Beverage to personal choice.

Stuff for slightly more drawn out cooking, peel and cook spuds, drain and put aside. Roughly chop merguez/choritzo and lightly fry off, tip on top of spuds. Peel and roughly chop 1 onion, start to fry. Chop and de seed a pepper and tomato, fry off lightly. Tip everything into the pan, stir and season if necessary, esp. pepper. Add 4 lightly beaten eggs over the top and cook gently, not stirring. Its almost a fritata.
All this on a small gas Trangia. Takes a while - maybe 30-40 minutes, but that is good chilling time you would only waste whining about the taste and texture of the mre. It is much better spent drinking - beer or wine - its an equal opportunity meal.

If you don't take a salt and pepper mill with you, steal a lot of condiment sachets on the ferry/flight/supermarket caff.

Back
Top Bottom