Who has the highest mileage F800?

No corrosion?
No wonder it has no corrosion, it doesn't sit still long enough for any to start!
How did you get it to stay in place for the wash and wax and photo?
Did you entice it with a semi naked Aprillia just off camera? ;):thumb

No corrosion?
No wonder it has no corrosion, it doesn't sit still long enough for any to start!
How did you get it to stay in place for the wash and wax and photo?
Did you entice it with a semi naked Aprillia just off camera? ;):thumb

And it sleeps outside, summer and winter, with just a couple of covers over it ;)
:beerjug:

one year on

hi there,

clocked off today at 78980 kms on my july '08 F650GS :D

- am still on second chain and second steering head bearing
- burning through my 5th rear tire (now Conti Trail - GOOD!!!) and 7th (!) front tire (Conti also - 6th tire was a dud which was replaced after 1000km); don't think I will go back to Battlewings ever again (thinking of Metzeler Tourance for the winter)
- have now Wilbers front and rear suspension fitted which is nice
- am on second battery (changed at 66K kms)
- 6th front and 4th rear brake pads (bike has seen it's share of action on the race track (the Nürburgring and circuit Zolder), the Alps/Dolomites and recently the Pyrenees)
- still on original brake disks albeit they're running on the thin side
- oh yeah: am using the 14th canister of chain lube since purchase of bike :friday (yes yes I DO have a live!)

20000 kms and one year on, I still stand by my previous statement: I love my bike very, VERY much!!! :bow

Take care,
G

Just nudging 59,000 miles Gert so I'm in front :p

Your 79,000Km about a mere 49,000 miles but like you ... I'm loving the bike :thumb

Six front brake pads, feck me, what ya doing, don't you just know they slow you down ... I'm still on the original set :eek:

Five rear tyres? Bloody hell, I'm on my 11th right now ;)

Still on my original battery, still on my original discs ... still have the same ol' smile on my face every time I get on it :JB

Ride safe Gert :thumb

Hehe, kudos to you Mickey. Way to go.

Big fan of wheelies are you then?

Same bike, two different riding styles wouldn't you say?

Have fun!

G

Hehe, kudos to you Mickey. Way to go.

Big fan of wheelies are you then?

Same bike, two different riding styles wouldn't you say?

Have fun!

G

Nah ... don't do wheelies at all ... I just keep it smooooooth ;)

Done the Nürburgring High Performance courses ... ride the 'rain line'

Two different styles indeed Gert, but how the feck you get through six sets of front disc pads to five rear tyres defeats me :surrender

how the feck you get through six sets of front disc pads

The 650GS has half the number of pads (and disks) as the 800GS so you'd expect them to wear more for the same amount of braking.

Me, I'm just about to fit my 3rd pair of front pads at 22.5k miles on my 650GS, which roughly matches Gert's wear rate.

Where's Puma (Dean) for his tuppence worth..........

Cheers

Andy

The 650GS has half the number of pads (and disks) as the 800GS so you'd expect them to wear more for the same amount of braking.

I would agree with the above Andy!:thumb2 perhaps that 21 takes some stopping.

18,148 miles to date :D

one change of each for me (still on secondish set)

first to go was the front Pads changed at 9610 miles followed by rear at 11,632 (but they changed the rear and adjusted pedal travel and i got a glowing seized rear disc so I insisted they changed the rear disc and pads again! (which they did) otherwise would be like the front original disc :D :D

But i will say !.... I use my gears a lot and when I can if you know what I mean (but this can not be done at all times):D :D :D maybe that will save on my brake light bulb as well :nenau

About 19k miles still on original brake pads front and rear and my 4 or 5th set of tyres which seem to wear out quicker with each set

Two different styles indeed Gert, but how the feck you get through six sets of front disc pads to five rear tyres defeats me :surrender

Ah, I have been doing some looking up in my "ship's log"; the entries state:

- third front pads lasted "only" 14000kms; which was caused by a somewhat enthousiastic riding style in the Dolomites

- 4th front pads lasted only 3150kms, and they were GONE (was braking with bare metal at the end which resulted in a hot disk :D)!!!; reason: HALF a trackday (I crashed, lowsided :eek) at Zolder, but before my crashlanding I was smoking (overtaking 1200 GS and F800S bikes, all while cornering, or through late braking or during acceleration out of corners) and so were my front brake pads (I swear I noticed black smoke coming of off them)

- and finally the fifth pads were replaced much too prematurely by an over eager BMW technician, but I got them with me, so they will get a second life on the bike again

But I DO notice a significant drop in pad longevity as I ride longer. Same goes for the tires BTW. It's funny: at the end of the last vacation (Pyrenees), some of my fellow riders were suprised at the relatively mild wear on my rear tire, while my front tire is heavily worn on the sides (to the point that the profile of the front tire is more triangular than round). Bike "drops" easy into corners now, so I don't complain :aidan

Take care
G

PS: took a test ride on a K1300R last weekend; won't be buying one because I'm not at all convinced that it will give me the same pleasure as my 650GS (not as nimble as the 650 which you can throw around); sure the +170bhp DOES give an adrenaline rush (that quick shifter is GREAT!) when you crank the gas open, but I collect more than my share of speeding tickets as it is, so no thanks

PS: took a test ride on a K1300R last weekend; won't be buying one because I'm not at all convinced that it will give me the same pleasure as my 650GS (not as nimble as the 650 which you can throw around); sure the +170bhp DOES give an adrenaline rush (that quick shifter is GREAT!) when you crank the gas open, but I collect more than my share of speeding tickets as it is, so no thanks

+1 for that :clap

I love my 650 and took out the 1200 a few weeks after buying it and knew I'd made the right decision. Even when buying, I prefered the 650 over the 800 - and not just because I can reach the floor on the 650!

Cheers

Andy

But that's the whole point ... I don't use my brakes 'cos they slow me down :blast

Yet still get through the tyres :eek:

:surrender:surrender:surrender:surrender

But that's the whole point ... I don't use my brakes 'cos they slow me down :blast

Yet still get through the tyres :eek:

:surrender:surrender:surrender:surrender

Even in the wilds of Yorkshire there are junctions and the occasional traffic lights that need slowing down for/stopping - are you suggesting you plan so far ahead (and probably have x-ray vision) that you don't need to slow/stop? ;)

Interestingly enough, my son is still on his original set of brake blocks on his push bike - mind you, he has worn out three sets of trainers.......

I'll get my coat.:hide

Even in the wilds of Yorkshire there are junctions and the occasional traffic lights that need slowing down for/stopping - are you suggesting you plan so far ahead (and probably have x-ray vision) that you don't need to slow/stop? ;)

I'll get my coat.:hide

All I'm saying is that at almost 59,000 miles I'm still on the original front pads and just about to put the 12th rear tyre on in the next couple o' days ;)

All I'm saying is that at almost 59,000 miles I'm still on the original front pads and just about to put the 12th rear tyre on in the next couple o' days ;)

Micky have you ran Tourances? If yes, how many miles out of a set?

Had tourance on my 1200 and favoured them, been on Anakees with the 800 not sure about the front/tyre profile I seem to have worn it out before the rear!

Tourances suit the big GS's not tried them on the 800 but i am well pleased with the Conti Trail attacks :beerjug:
Just don't go near Battleaxes they are shite on big and small GS's

Run Tourances on my 800GS find them great on the road but the front does wear at the same rate as the back get about 5500miles out of a pair which compared to 3500 from the rear I got from the Scorpions that this GS came with is good.
+1 for the Battlewings

11 month and going strong !!

Hello,

I'm not really new in UKGS forum, but lost my account which I had for my R1150GS until June 2006.

Now driving a F800GS since 3 August 2010 [after 4 years F800ST].
Love my bike [30 Y Jubileum edit]. No problems whatsoever until now.

Today I got 22600 kms [about 14125 miles] on clock. Quite a lot and it's 99,5% onroad.
This bike gives me so much fun on road especially in turns, that I'm principal not going to ride offroad anymore.

Front tyre - Michelin Anakees lasted until 19500 kms
Rear tyre is still on it - until 24K I think !!!!!

I hope to get at least 100K kms on it :).

Oh yeh, I ride on Castrol RS racing 5w40 full-synth. The bikes loves it [ going to change it every 13K!]

Rob

Back
Top Bottom