Fuel filling problem.................?

Getting 25 litres into a tank,? just might be the thiefing buggers down at the petrol station, with dodgy pumps?. :eek:

Lets hope not!. :thumb

The Record holder is ... BIGJim Tassy...

I'm at the pump now passing 57 litres! Still going!!
Hey Dutchy where did I have to drill those 3 holes? 3 Holes in the side of the Tank wasn't it?
"Whats that mate you can smell petrol"?
67 litres still going.... Cheers BIGJim Tasmania. :beerjug: :beerjug:

Did the rubber bungectomy and the trepanning and now the tank fills to the brim in one smooth fill. I don't get any more in but at least I don't stand around like a fanny witing for the bubbles to subside.

Excellent

As long as your insurance company assessed that this modification would not cause any undue additional risk, it sounds like an all-round quick win.

See the same tossers are on here with zero input.
Fill a tank to 20 ltrs and you have no prob, it's designed for it.The seal ring stops you putting more in as it has to get out past the overflow pipe. drilling the top bypasses the overflow thus allowing an extra 2 litres in.....which is what the manufacturers allowed for expansion.
If you can get 20 litres in you must have pushed it to the garage!
Ride safe
gary

Keen to get a bit more tank capacity I took the filler off my 1100 tank to do this mod and found the breather head inside (see attached picture)

It struck me that filling the tank past the inner lip would submerge this breather. Fuel is cool in the underground tank at the garage and will warm and expand once in the bike's tank. Didn't fancy having fuel dripping out of the bike so didn't do the mod!

Now of course I can't get the thing back together because the o-ring has grown... :blast

Attachments

• IMAG1161.jpg
    IMAG1161.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 290
Left the tank-top O-ring off the bike for a week and it has shrunk back to its original size and now fits in perfectly. Guess it must swell with the fuel vapor from the tank and then shrink when it "dries" out. However it works no need to buy a new o-ring :)

Back
Top Bottom