Looking for Labrador

Tiffany

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As many of you know, I somehow got sidetracked on my home from Mongolia last year and instead of turning left I went right:blast. No, not some female lack of direction just a desire to see the sea. And as I live on the Atlantic Coast in Cornwall, I thought it would make a nice symmetry of the trip to reach the Pacific Coast, and anyway it's only a couple of thousand miles from Mongolia. The result being I ended up in Vladivostock and wasn't strong-minded enough to resist the lure of the ferry to Japan. By which time it was too damn cold to head home across Siberia, so I found a freight company and asked for the cheapest destination heading east - which is how Thelma ended up in Los Angeles.
I headed home for Christmas, and to save more money.
Six months later and I re-joined Thelma. Flying over North America I spotted an amazing landscape, with no people, just thousands of lakes and a narrow yellow strip running through it (some sort of dirt road), the plane followed this track for quite a while and I didn't see a single building or vehicle.
That's the place for me I thought- checking on the airline video map, I found out it was Labrador.
Arriving in LA I informed my friends there that Thelma and I were heading to Labrador. The general response has been
"Where the hell is Labrador?"
And so I find myself on another long trip - this time looking for Labrador.

:blast

:clap:clap:clap

:bow

Keep safe Tiff.....it's amazing how far some people will go to get away from that Timolgra stalker bloke.....you should have a better head start on him this time though :thumb

Sorry I initially read you were "looking for a Labrador" :blast but I some how get the impression puppies are for another day. Good luck, have fun, watch out of the midges, ride safe and keep posting

Attachments

• puppy.jpg
    puppy.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 763
Keep safe Tiff.....it's amazing how far some people will go to get away from that Timolgra stalker bloke.....you should have a better head start on him this time though :thumb

Hmmm she's given the location away now:green gri

Good find Tiff, that does sound interesting:thumb

Bears and Beers

I've just heard on the radio about a fatal bear attack in Yellowstone National Park - oh great, just as I'm about to head that way and I'll be camping on my own. After my close encounters with bears on the Alaska trip, I am now very wary of them:eek:
Prepping Thelma for the ride north though I might break her out of workshop custody for a quick trip over to Vancouver Island - Simon Pavey is giving a talk there tomorrow night and I thought I might pop by to say hello and remind him he owes me a beer from when I beat him to Dakar a few years ago.:beerjug:

Have a great trip to Labrador. It's a place I keep looking at so would be good to hear what it's like.

Off-Roading on Vancouver Island

957882939_PtYjL-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom