Places to Get Stainless Fastners

sockpuppet

Reaction score
Since my local place has stopped stocking stainless fastners but will order then in and Stagonset seems to have gone tits up anyone have a suggestion/recommendation as where to buy stainless fasteners on the internet.

Prefer somewhere that can supply both single and boxes as some of the larger stuff I don't really need a 100 of :blast

Everyone is going to find more places going tits up since that wonderful new EU law that got passed came into being earlier in the year.

Basicaly,the Spanish and Italian nut and bolt makers complained to the EU,that they couldn't compete with the imports coming from China(where 99% of it comes from anyway)so a law was passed that made everyone in europe pay a huge tax on all imports of nuts,bolts,screws and washers(and any other fasteners yo can think of)from the far east.

Just to make it really fair,the only countries exempt from this tax are,wait for it, Italy and Spain:rolleyes:

My normal order normally cost about £3-400, my last order was just shy of £700.

God huh:mad:

Try steve's stainless
Dont think he has a website but is at most of the big shows and is very well priced. Has a catolouge available and does a good range.

Feck. Read what you put properly now.

Nothing special.

Some M6 bolts for the engine cover, some hex bolts for the bash plate etc etc. Some bolts to replensish the empty boxes of general bolts.

Might just have to order them in at the local place and sell what I don't need.

Maybe try- Stig's Stainless Fasteners-local to me (Durham) carries a good range and OK on price,
Cheers,
Steve

Usually just get mine from Screwfix. They have all sorts or stainless there, nothing fancy but the common sizes are available.

Whats the difference between A2 and A4 stainless steel fasteners? Just snapped an M8x70 A4 in the fork leg that holds the fork brace on. :blast Managed to get it out but I only had an M8x60 A2 to hand to put back in. Other than it's not long enough is A2 ok to use? :nenau

Another one to add to the list

I had an email from Westfield Fasteners yesterday introducing themselves. Looks like they sell all the usual stuff and you're able to buy single bolts if needed.

A2 doesn't corrode. A4 certainly won't corrode.
I think my previous 1150GSA had a lot of the bolts replaced with A4 ones, because they looked bloody good. The current 1150GSA has several rusting bolts which look crap. When I've got the time and space, I will certainly be willing to pay a bit more for A4 quality replacements. :thumb2

I have used a guy called Chris Shaw, he sells BMW specific sets on ebay. Good value and good service, he is based in Lincs and manufactures on his own CNC machine.

I believe he supplies a few well known aftermarket parts suppliers. :augie

I have used a guy called Chris Shaw, he sells BMW specific sets on ebay. Good value and good service, he is based in Lincs and manufactures on his own CNC machine.

I believe he supplies a few well known aftermarket parts suppliers. :augie
Do you know his Seller name on Ebay? I found his website - is £120 for a 1150 kit good value? Prices on Ebay seem all over the place, but I don't mind to pay for quality.

Back
Top Bottom