Thread: New Tie Down Points

Toy maker

New Tie Down Points

These are the new Tie Down points that I have made for my pannier lids,so you can tie anything on the top that you haven't got room for in the pannier,or anything you don't want in your panniers,like a wet ground sheet or tent.

They are made of a very high grade aluminium,and hard anodised.This makes them stronger than the cast stainless steel ones I have used up until now,and about 45% lighter.

They can be fitted to any flat surface,and some slightly curved surfaces.

A lot of people have asked about these,and I have sold quite a few already,so I thought I'd better let you all know about them.

Each one comes with two M4x16 screws,washers and locknuts.I've put two dome head nuts in as well,so you don't have and sharp edges if you put them on your luggage.

There is some discolouration on some of them,so they are all at reduced price.

1-3 £4 each
    4- £15 (£3.75 each)
    8- £28 (£3.50 each)

P+P is £2.50

Please e-mail me or call the workshop if you need to know more.

Many thanks

Vern

01829 771040
    vern@projectvnd.com

Ah - the answer to my prayers (well that might be overstating it, but I want some anyway)

Have you got some in stock that I could pick up this weekend Vern?

ta
    Matt

Carefull vern... some folks might think they are too big....

Nicely machined farkles those mate...

Rear Stab Vest Only .... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Iv'e got that ruler .....................

PS ....... Tie Downs look good ...................

PPS ..... Might get some for the van ....................

Toy maker
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Ah - the answer to my prayers (well that might be overstating it, but I want some anyway)

Have you got some in stock that I could pick up this weekend Vern?

ta
    Matt
    I think sir staggered off from the Pannier Party without the aformentioned tie downs

Don't worry about the money though,as Kenny has scaned your credit cards while you were asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I think sir staggered off from the Pannier Party without the aformentioned tie downs

Don't worry about the money though,as Kenny has scaned your credit cards while you were asleep
    You're right - I remembered when I was about half way home

I'll give you a ring and pop in to get some

Tell Kenny I've cancelled all the cards

Edit:
    PS - thanks for a great pannier party

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    A batch of these lovelies arrived ih the post this morning. Very good quality and a bit of a bargain.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Vern
    this may sound completely stupid but were do they fix to on the cases
    gary k

electrically isolated Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    wow 7 year old thread resurrection!

You can theoretically mount them wherever you want - but usually one in each corner of the pannier lid so you can lash stuff to the lid easily.

Here's a pic of the vastly superior Metal Mule panniers to give you the idea...

-------

The countryside is a soggy sort of place where animals and birds wander about uncooked. Gladys Mitchell

---------

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    sorry i thought i had read that the tie downs supplied by vern could be affixed to the BMW vario paniers ? am i mistaken or correct. if i am correct does anyone have a phto to show were they get fixed to on the vario pannier