Alaska 2012

You'll have no bother at all Dave. Like Colins, my 2001 GS started the trip on just over 66,500 miles and finished up on 73,000. With hindsight, had I been sensible and changed my final drive bearing and seal before I left Ireland I too would have had a trouble free run. :thumb2

thanks aiden,i may look in to gettin a larger tank for the trip.this is venturin into the unknown for me,:)

thanks aiden,i may look in to gettin a larger tank for the trip.this is venturin into the unknown for me,:)

You won't need a bigger tank. I've done the route with a standard 22 litre on my 1100. You will just need to carry a can on the Dalton as it's 250 miles between fill ups:eek:

Canuck
Where are you from?
I am from Maple Ridge BC and looking for touring buddies for 2011 and also interested in the Alaska ride..

This sounds soooo tempting :D
Could you send me more details please as I haven't a clue what sort of money we're talking about for this sort of trip:augie

Cheers

Thanks Sam ans Sgt.
I am offshore at the moment and will send subscribe fees ASAP.
Will email Chris
Cheers

i think im worryin too much already:comfort

Worried, pah :rob
with Garfield Aiden and the Sarge you should fear nothing :rob other than Garfield if he takes a liking to you. :augie

This sounds soooo tempting :D
Could you send me more details please as I haven't a clue what sort of money we're talking about for this sort of trip:augie
Cheers

I reckon the costs for the trip across America went a little like this ....
across 30 nights \ days.
Hotels (my share of a double room) $40\night *30 =$1200
Budget for the stays in hotels before and after the ride seperately.

Fuel $18\day *30 days = $540 - am or pm fill and midday top up sometimes.
Daily Snacks & Liquid $10 \ day = $300 gatorade and chocky bars

Beer $15 \ day = $450 couple of glasses\bottles per night
Evening Meals $15 = $450
This budget can of course go crazy with wine and rib eye steak meals...... :blast:augie ($200 dollar bar bill in nashville - thanks paddy and fanny magnet :thumb)

Bike Insurance one off $300
Bike Recovery one off $30
National Parks entrance fees $100
Bribes $30

Flight return £900
Shipping £1200

get on it you'll love it..... :clap:bounce1:roll:thumb:thumb2:aidan:JB:beer::Motomartin:ChrisKelly

Cheers Norm :thumb

Few hours overtime coming my way I feel :D:D:D

Going to mention it to my young lady tonight :comfort
Test the water so to speak :eek:

I feel a NEEEEED to do a trip like this!
That has to be a good enough reason! :clap:clap

Damn, lately been watching "Ice Road truckers" on tv, series about the truckdrivers on the Dalton, said to the GF that I'm gonna ride that road, and now I see this :drool

I'm very interested in knowing what it'll cost me, and what else needs to be concidered, if there's still a space open :D

Grtz, Philip!

This budget can of course go crazy with wine and rib eye steak meals...... :blast:augie ($200 dollar bar bill in nashville - thanks paddy and fanny magnet :thumb)

:hide

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7X2gdHalMi0?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7X2gdHalMi0?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

...............:D

fecking brillant:clap

Ahem, at the risk of incurring the wrath of the tossers, is it possible to do this journey 2 up Done the Coast to Coast bit USA, would be interested in Alaska but I come with baggage! Not that she does not trust me but we have done most things "two up"

Not its not an Armstrong and Miller "threesome" question.

Ahem, at the risk of incurring the wrath of the tossers, is it possible to do this journey 2 up Done the Coast to Coast bit USA, would be interested in Alaska but I come with baggage! Not that she does not trust me but we have done most things "two up"

Not its not an Armstrong and Miller "threesome" question.

Yes, it is possible 2 up but be aware the mileage is going to be around 8000 in 4 weeks. The Dalton would be a bit tricky 2 up as well I would of thought but do-able if you took it steady.

Back
Top Bottom