Just in from the cold on my Enfield Woodsman!!

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Blimey it was reet cold today out on the woodsman even with my layers!!! Took the Enfield out for a spin this afternoon as I'm still running it in and work has not enabled me to use it as much as I would have liked.Its a great little bike ,goes well ,but I'm limited to 40-50 mph while running in. It sounds great quite loud from the upswept pipe and stops well with the disc up front.Starting is easy ,kick or electric and its a nice way to see the world as you futt futt futt along!! I love it,and have done many many miles on Enfields in the North and South of India.I thought it may not work having one here ,but it really does and brings a big grin to my face ,which,working in the NHS at the momment I really need:thumb2

Attachments

• woodsman 2.jpg
    woodsman 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 907
  • woodsman.jpg
    woodsman.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 891
goes well ,but I'm limited to 40-50 mph while running in.

You won`t get a great deal more out of it when it is run in! :D

Glad you`re enjoying your Woodie mate...not ridden mine for a fair few months. :(

Lovely retro look to it. Those bikes are renowned for their fuel economy.... It would be really interesting to hear what your getting mpg if you get around to recording it. Enjoy the the back roads adventures !

Its doing about 80mpg which is amazing!!! Loosening up with miles and you can really chuck it about !! Great fun and my daily ride at the momment as the GSA is stuck in my lounge as the Garage is being rebuilt:thumb Love it:D

From the pictures it looks to be losing a fair amount of oil:augie

Is it hard to keep it looking like that?

the bike looks nice but your tax disc should be on the front left so you wont get done if they dont see the disc.

I was gonna get a Woodsman ... quite liked the idea :thumb

But bought a G650Xcountry 53hp, 90+ mph and 73 mpg

That'll do nicely :JB
:beerjug:

MPG is the bonus part on an XCountry - Mine has given 80mpg before now but mid 70s is more typical. Just as well with the small tank.

Viv

MPG is the bonus part on an XCountry - Mine has given 80mpg before now but mid 70s is more typical. Just as well with the small tank.

Viv

I couldn`t abide such a thirsty beast. :rob :augie

My Enfield Electra X Woodsman does 107mpg. :D

Resurrecting and old thread,sorry !!

How tall are you Woodsman boys ? I quite fancy one as a cheap second bike,especially after watching Guy Martin on his Enfield in India.:blast
But I read elsewhere that they are very uncomfortable if you are tall (I'm 6'1").

Tarka must be selling his soon ?? :augie

Resurrecting and old thread,sorry !!

How tall are you Woodsman boys ? I quite fancy one as a cheap second bike,especially after watching Guy Martin on his Enfield in India.:blast
But I read elsewhere that they are very uncomfortable if you are tall (I'm 6'1").

Tarka must be selling his soon ?? :augie

I'm now watching Guy Martin on 4OD. Thanks for the prompt.

I'm 6'02" and no problem with a standard bike ( café racer continental model)
Oh and 80plus mpg on a 350cc 18bhp model
Just a fun nice weather machine
putt putt putt ....................;)

Back
Top Bottom