First Review - Touratech Companero Adventure Suit

Could try an in-wash proofer on the textile suit. Should be effective against all but the biggest downpour.

Some folk on a hill walking forum found bog standard conditioner to be as good as some in-wash proofers at 10 time the price.

I like the inside and outside boot adjustment on the trousers. Don't like the colours/design and I think people have mentioned the price.

If you pause the opening sequence, you'll see Simon in another suit. Like the look of that brown jacket... what is it?

I like the inside and outside boot adjustment on the trousers. Don't like the colours/design and I think people have mentioned the price.

If you pause the opening sequence, you'll see Simon in another suit. Like the look of that brown jacket... what is it?

Personally I like the monks outfit :D Seems suited to the conditions.

I'm waiting for the Klim gear later on in the year. I've had two big offs in my Klim powercross jacket which is essentially a technical shell. I wear UFO body armour underneath if the terrain is rough and heated clothing if it is cold or a combination of the aforementioned. Very versatile and not ridiculously priced at £234 :thumb2

Based on my experience and the price I am now very interested in their 2011 offerings which will be released in the Autumn. From the sounds of it the Jacket will be about £340 which sounds about right compared to their other gear. Those are my kind of prices. :beerjug:

I don't know much but I spotted it on the other channel (ADV)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15240127

The adventure version

5463480969_47fdca2e6b_b.jpg

5463480877_65bfc9770c_b.jpg

5464116616_be9dde4589_o.png

5465027567_96c1a06fa9_b.jpg

5465626754_4ed06dbc9f_b.jpg

and the road version

5464137376_4659dcf66b_b.jpg

5463536985_a7dbb7bfb8_b.jpg

odd trousers they've bondage pockets round the back to pop the ferrets' in....:eek:

Perhaps TT don't expect to sell many in the UK and are aiming these suits at the euro and dollar markets?

whatever happened to the old days, when you had to be hard as nails to ride a bike.

Few sheets of newspaper down the front of the jacket, plastic bags on your feet.

Heated grips where for pufters....

now unless you can afford extra's which are as much as the bike was your a nobody....

Austin Vince has a point.....:augie

Could try an in-wash proofer on the textile suit. Should be effective against all but the biggest downpour.

Some folk on a hill walking forum found bog standard conditioner to be as good as some in-wash proofers at 10 time the price.

I have the old Savanna2 BMW suit, tough as old boots, had it 5 years, crashed in it, slept in it etc etc. It gets heavy when the outer gets wet. Solution is to wash it in normal dhoby liquid, dry on the washing line then spray with Grangers 'Fabsil' silicon proofing spray. The coarse weave fabric still breathes but the water beads up and runs off (unlike the wash-in proofer which fails to work). The Goretex liners work a treat though when re-proofed with the wash-in stuff.

As for paying 2K for a motorcycle suit............probably de-rigeur for riding your adventure motorcycle down the Kings road on a Sunday.

I reckon that once the 'Baddies' know how much the suit costs, it'll be re-named the 'Hostage' suit :augie :D

Could they make the Klim trousers any baggier :eek:

Is the TT suit really 28 times much better than http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_17779.htm and http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_17780.htm :nenau

If you look at the photo the guy is standing in his socks. I reckon with boorts under there they wouldn't be quite so baggy. In a similar vein to their Dakar pant.

on a side note I rode around Austria and Germany last summer on a bike that cost a quarter of that suit! Kind of puts things in perspective.

, never understood the waterproof layer on textiles being on the inside as a zip in layer , textiles act as a sponge an are damm heavy when wet.
and fuel :)

The waterproof layer is on the inside because if you have a mishap and snag your suit on something sharp tearing or damaging the outer suit the waterproof membrane on the inside retains its integrity and you do not end up with damp patches when it rains. :thumb

so it's "the hostage" suit or the have it up the arse outfit....:augie

Back
Top Bottom