First Review - Touratech Companero Adventure Suit

I just thought, we should have a "feck me sideways,HOW MUCH" section for tack like this:D

Is it just me, or does that jacket look exactly the same as a twat suit jacket with less pockets and vents? It must do something else surely, does it turn into a tent or a spare tyre or something useful.

There is just Sooooooooo much wrong with this new kidnap gear.

Is there any chance at all, that the first person to buy one, and admit to it, will have the pish taken out of them at all:rolleyes:

The waterproof layer is on the inside because if you have a mishap and snag your suit on something sharp tearing or damaging the outer suit the waterproof membrane on the inside retains its integrity and you do not end up with damp patches when it rains. :thumb

I'd still rather have a goretex shell with holes in it than a cordura jacket that soaks up the water and wicks away the heat from your body. I've had both so I know what I'm on about. I have an old goretex liner from a Hein Gericke paddock jacket I have and if it is really chucking it down then I'll pop that on underneath my outer shell. That said when you are falling in rivers and the water is creeping up from under your jacket it really doesn't make much odds anyway. :beerjug:

4262613344_d572a607a9_z.jpg

4261859675_4c253356f2_z.jpg

personally I blame the bananas they leave laying around :eek:

4260859470_82c560cabc_z.jpg

I have to admit, that if the review sounds overly positive, well...it is!

Now there's a suprise :rolleyes:

Two Thousand Pounds........

Eight years on the road seems to have distanced you both from reality, who's going to pay that kind of money for a summer bike suit apart from the idle rich?

Get yer wallet out ... Tsiklonaut will be wanting one next.

Obviously paid well by TT to promote that suit

Indeed.

£2000 for a M/C suit? Then we have the likes of Metal Mule asking the best part of £2000 for a set of panniers. Being a motorcycling adventurer doesn't come cheap nowadays does it :eek:

"One of the things thats sets apart this suit from suits we've worn previously is as opposed to our other suits where when the weather turns you put a Gortex liner in, with this one its a two suits in one deal and you put an over suit on"

Fantastic, what a revolutionary idea!!

Its a bike suit that when it rains you have to put a waterproof over suit over.

Bit like my jeans and leather jacket then.

I saw Simon and Lisa do a presentation in Tacoma to a room full of enthralled Americans. They worked the room marvellously leaving everyone believing that in the morning they too would jump on bikes and set off riding for a lifetime of adventure. At the end of the show they sold T shirts and other nic-nacs. The BMW dealer was happy, the crowd was happy and Simon and Lisa had worked bloody hard to continue funding their riding. I don't begrudge them a single penny from sponsorship. Folk in the US and Europe will see this film for the suit and think it's comparable to a BMW suit or Rukka, some will no doubt dip deep to be a look-a-like, others will buy into the credibility of people who have been riding the world for umpteen years endorsing the suit.
In the UK... well, perhaps it's a different story, everyone seems to want to have their hands in our pockets, rip off Britain.
So I have no truck with Si and Lisa promoting kit, it may be their true opinion, it may be an opinion with a twist, but it's advertising at the end of the day and who believes everything they see in an advert?
If Si and Lisa wear the suit over a long period and it works well and lasts the course, then great, if it falls to bits, leaves them cold and wet, then it's time for them to decide what they do and what integrity they have.
Until that time, let's not judge them.

But it is a bloody pricey bit of kit, that the UK is expected to pay more for. Perhaps potential purchasers should ask TT UK if they can do anything about discounting? Potential buyers, get together and buy in bulk?

I think that's dangerous statement already, if your given something for nothing. It always costs more, no such thing as a free lunch. Is often said and I really can't blame anyone who's on a long term trip/project to take every free luch going.

the suit looks very nice but at 2K more or less, someone is doing alright and more than able to buy a free lunch for what is a rolling advert.

I think could this be that "the bubble" is about to burst? and people still scrambling on board to make the last few sheckles from a hungry audience, desperate for more? Is the gold rush over? Is someone going to call time on adventure motorcycling?

the world economy is so far in the shit who's really got a spare 2K hanging about doing nothing, other than to be worn down to Sainsbury's for some wild foraging trip on a sunday morning....?

If Si and Lisa wear the suit over a long period and it works well and lasts the course, then great, if it falls to bits, leaves them cold and wet, then it's time for them to decide what they do and what integrity they have.
Until that time, let's not judge them.

So, they've reviewed a suit, praised it to the heavens, and they've yet to use it in earnst.

Here's the thesaurus definition of reviewed " To consider retrospectively; look back on". :D

This suit is marketed by Touratech but is actually made by Stadler http://www.stadler-bekleidung.de/index.php/produktdetails-en.html?id=46 I won't post comment regarding advertising, sponsorship and pricing blah blah, but will add that the clothing manufactured by Stadler is second to non in terms of quality and generally speaking, like with most things, you get what you pay for. Whether or not one is prepared to pay such a price for a suit is a different matter of course.

So, they've reviewed a suit, praised it to the heavens, and they've yet to use it in earnst.

Here's the thesaurus definition of reviewed " To consider retrospectively; look back on". :D

They only have to put the suit on to be able to review it, so don't come with the thesaurus definition. They even say they've not worn the outer shell because it's too hot and humid and that future reviews will follow.
You don't have to eat a full meal to be able to say if you like it or not, you can tell from the first mouthful. And Si and Lisa do just that, they review it and make clear that they are reviewing it after only a week. Instant impression is they like the suit. That's fine, we all like new things. Can they live with the suit, does it live up to their requirements over time...well let's wait and see what they think later shall we.

I think could this be that "the bubble" is about to burst? and people still scrambling on board to make the last few sheckles from a hungry audience, desperate for more? Is the gold rush over? Is someone going to call time on adventure motorcycling?

With the new developments by manufacturers of adventure bikes... I think this road has a way to go yet.

What I'm hoping is that those folk who had a monopoly on a niche market will find that competitors come along who are keen and hungry. Companies who will provide equally as good products but at more economical prices. People who have the buy ours because you have no other option arrogant attitude will be shown up for what they are and that customer service will become paramount and you won't be expected to use the toilet as a changing-room when trying on your £2k suit.

Adventure motorcycling may become mainstream... will that mean those who feel it has to be hard-core will moan and gripe...of course it will. Will there be a strata of us and them (the newbies and the old-school)? It probably already exists if we are honest.

But will you still be able to ride your bike and find your own adventures? Of course you will, because at the end of the day, it's not the bike, it's not the kit, it's not added on pharkles, it your own state of mind and in your soul, that's where the adventure is.

I'm suprised they used actual traveller's to do a review, would have more credibility if they used someone who's a proper face.

Barry Manilow is a keen motorcyclist.... I'd like to hear his opinion on this and if they need a german to do a review how's about David Hasslehoff they love him in the old country... he apparently was the reason why the wall came down...not a lot of people know that....

:thumb2

I wish these two would do a review on the "Hostage suit" :augie :D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6xorQyl121I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm suprised they used actual traveller's to do a review, would have more credibility if they used someone who's a proper face.

Barry Manilow is a keen motorcyclist.... I'd like to hear his opinion on this and if they need a german to do a review how's about David Hasslehoff they love him in the old country... he apparently was the reason why the wall came down...not a lot of people know that....

:thumb2

Do they make a Hoff size?

Niche marketing and lower celeb budget.

the Hoff can sell anything in germany.... he can do no wrong, being an adventure god....in the eye's of the german people...

size won't matter it'll still look like an over priced packamac....:augie

They only have to put the suit on to be able to review it, so don't come with the thesaurus definition. They even say they've not worn the outer shell because it's too hot and humid and that future reviews will follow.
You don't have to eat a full meal to be able to say if you like it or not, you can tell from the first mouthful. And Si and Lisa do just that, they review it and make clear that they are reviewing it after only a week. Instant impression is they like the suit. That's fine, we all like new things. Can they live with the suit, does it live up to their requirements over time...well let's wait and see what they think later shall we.

You can get the same information from reading the blurb that comes with the suit :D

You can get the same information from reading the blurb that comes with the suit :D

but it lacks the human warmth you get from personal impartial appraisal which was provided free of charge and without prejudice...:blast

Back
Top Bottom