First Review - Touratech Companero Adventure Suit

because at the end of the day, it's not the bike, it's not the kit, it's not added on pharkles, it your own state of mind and in your soul, that's where the adventure is.

:beerjug::beerjug::beerjug: nuff said:)

You can get the same information from reading the blurb that comes with the suit :D

... and your point is what, that you'd prefer it if they'd given you a freebie to try out and report on?
Perhaps Cambodia and Si and Lisa have more aspirational appeal to potential purchasers?

As I mentioned before, Simon and Lisa do a lot of BMW Dealership talks, they are in front of the TT audience. All seems very logical as a marketing plan to me. If their first impressions are favourable, so be it. If the arse sags, the stitching leaks and the inners decay or go mouldy over time, then and only then, will Si and Lisa be required to question their own ethics. And then and only then should you question their ethics too.

Having got through as many suits as they have in the last 8 years I reckon there's every chance their going to absolutely love them for the next 12 months or so and tell everyone how totally marvelous they are.

Unless of course someone else makes a £3k suit in the meantime :rolleyes:

Having got through as many suits as they have in the last 8 years I reckon there's every chance their going to absolutely love them for the next 12 months or so and tell everyone how totally marvelous they are.
Unless of course someone else makes a £3k suit in the meantime :rolleyes:

Two problems of course that come from personalising your offering are:

wrong "celebs" create negative impression.
Wrong or faulty product" won't sell irrespective of the personality, who will no doubt be dropped amidst lost credibility.

It's always a gamble. The only way for a celeb to maintain cred if a product proves to be duff, is to report impartially and to have had that ability written into any sponsorship deal.

Trippy, only time will tell.
If the implication as to the frequency of kit change is that they swap whenever a new suit is offered, I can testify from having met these two during their trip, that I've rarely encountered two more haggard, smelly and ratty looking individuals in rotting fetid kit than this pair. They live on the road and what they wear is their day wear, day in, day out, day in, day out....

I had BMW gloves for a Central/S.America ride, they rotted in 6 weeks. It's a climate thing.

yeah I think he'd pop up a wet one for the right product....:D

Fur cough, you'd not even get the syth voiced yank car junk heap for less than a slap up breakfast and a wax down.

Perhaps those folks wishing to pass comment on the campone suit, should make their views know to TT UK via their facebook page. I'm not sure how much TT UK time is spent on this site these days.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Touratech-UK/113754445330404

he'd spaff his pants at a chance to make it big in Adventure motorcycling... obviously the suit does have a few issues....

Not enough tassles..... is the biggest is the lack of lights....

if Tt could make one that's just abit more show biz they'd be on a winner and he "The Hoff"

would be up there like a rat up drain pipe, once he got the sniff off the corporate cheese.... he could be the new face of Torateck 2011 German next the world.... I'd pay money to see that show

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MQ5rIbnD_P4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he's even got Charly's eye's..... and he's even got some hostage/ adventure action... in the clip

Sweet , yes i reckon touratwat leather chaps with inbuilt goretex close out zips in the ass area :D

I'd buy em for £2k and be willing to be given em free if sponsored , big upp the hoff

he'd spaff his pants at a chance to make it big in Adventure motorcycling... obviously the suit does have a few issues....

Not enough tassles..... is the biggest is the lack of lights....

if Tt could make one that's just abit more show biz they'd be on a winner and he "The Hoff"

would be up there like a rat up drain pipe, once he got the sniff off the corporate cheese.... he could be the new face of Torateck 2011 German next the world.... I'd pay money to see that show

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MQ5rIbnD_P4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he's even got Charly's eye's..... and he's even got some hostage/ adventure action... in the clip

I've sent him a message via Twitter see if he's interested in a film deal

"It's Long Way Up" the Hoff.... I think it's a winner...

I've just been out there in the dark, and I might be onto something.

Link the jacket to the canbus system via IR or radio. When the rider deploys the brake the rear of the jacket lights up in RED....:thumb2

if there's a pillion rider

the front of the pillion reads the back of the riders jacket so you don't have two jackets lighting up...:thumb2

best of all hi viz.... front mounted white LED's for added rider safety....

Which I've even thought of a trade name for "titty" lights....

I also thought about a harddisc mounted in the jacket which are directly connected to front and rear facing camera's and for safety these are uploaded live to your streaming site.
now just got to register the patent for that little lot and I'm in the money.....:D Obviously this is on a subscription basis...

I believe the rider suit will feature other inovative feature yet to be discussed with the successful bidder who's gonna make it on my behalf....

RRP £3,700.00

come with a lifetime membership to the The Hoff's fan club....

This suit is marketed by Touratech but is actually made by Stadler http://www.stadler-bekleidung.de/index.php/produktdetails-en.html?id=46 I won't post comment regarding advertising, sponsorship and pricing blah blah, but will add that the clothing manufactured by Stadler is second to non in terms of quality and generally speaking, like with most things, you get what you pay for. Whether or not one is prepared to pay such a price for a suit is a different matter of course.

Stadler made the early BMW gear and the German Polizei biker kit also. :thumb2 I don't think the quality is in question. Just the price. If indeed it is made in Germany it beggars the question why? Chinese manufacturing is now up to speed on quality and I noted from my BMW Santana jacket that it was made in Bosnia. So why are they ripping people off? This is 2011 not 2006. The party is over and people are cash strapped.

yeah I think he'd pop up a wet one for the right product....:D

funny you should mention the Hoff and wet in the same sentence... :augie

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lttqpsK7LWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So why are they ripping people off? This is 2011 not 2006. The party is over and people are cash strapped.

Ah, perhaps in some parts of the world but here in Germany the financial crisis lasted all of 2 minutes, or so it seems, and now life is pretty much back to normal with Mercedes, BMW's and Porches selling like hot cakes.

If indeed it is made in Germany it beggars the question why?

Due to protectionism which, although not openly spoken about as such due to EU rules etc, has now become 'in'. It's now become common practice to see the words 'Made in Germany' stamped all over advertising literature and web sites with TT being a case in point.

... and your point is what, that you'd prefer it if they'd given you a freebie to try out and report on?
Perhaps Cambodia and Si and Lisa have more aspirational appeal to potential purchasers?

As I mentioned before, Simon and Lisa do a lot of BMW Dealership talks, they are in front of the TT audience. All seems very logical as a marketing plan to me. If their first impressions are favourable, so be it. If the arse sags, the stitching leaks and the inners decay or go mouldy over time, then and only then, will Si and Lisa be required to question their own ethics. And then and only then should you question their ethics too.

Ethics !. Intellectualising a suit suit reveiw !.

I wonder how ethics fit into a review in cambodia on an article of clothing costing £2k where the average daily wage is less than 50pence. :D

Ethics !. Intellectualising a suit suit reveiw !.

I wonder how ethics fit into a review in cambodia on an article of clothing costing £2k where the average daily wage is less than 50pence. :D

I see where you are coming from, perhaps they should be reviewing dhotis from a second hand shop instead? :augie

Perhaps, and this is just a thought, if they happen to be in Thailand at a TT shop when they get the suit, then ride to Cambodia in the suits, then that's just where they happened to be... and perhaps, and this is another outlandish thought, perhaps when I was using 'ethics' as regarding their reports, you might not just pick out the one word, transport it to somewhere that suits your purposes and then present it in a manner which had nothing to do with it's original use. That's just a thought with a smilie...:)

I see where you are coming from, perhaps they should be reviewing dhotis from a second hand shop instead? :augie

Perhaps, and this is just a thought, if they happen to be in Thailand at a TT shop when they get the suit, then ride to Cambodia in the suits, then that's just where they happened to be... and perhaps, and this is another outlandish thought, perhaps when I was using 'ethics' as regarding their reports, you might not just pick out the one word, transport it to somewhere that suits your purposes and then present it in a manner which had nothing to do with it's original use. That's just a thought with a smilie...:)

You mentioned the "ethics" word.

I just assumed they were freeloading. :D

Do TT have a shop in the far east ???.

You mentioned the "ethics" word.

I just assumed they were freeloading. :D

Do TT have a shop in the far east ???.

Take a look at the TT site (Germany) and they are now dotted all around the world. S.America, Central America, Canada, S.Africa, and the Far East.

Oh and I did indeed mention ethics, but it was mentioned within one context, that of their reporting on the suit and its performance. I didn't use it in a sense to attempt to belittle them or TT as your use of it did and therefore pointed out that there wasn't an associated link between my use of the word and yours.

. I didn't use it in a sense to attempt to belittle them or TT as your use of it did and therefore pointed out that there wasn't an associated link between my use of the word and yours.

That's some assumption... - I used it in an ironic sense ;).

When you post on what you think simons veiws/intensions are, is this also assuming on their behalf. :confused:

Understatement of the year:thumb2

Typical Touratwat pricing:eek

Touratech must have big windows in their shop, they saw these pair coming a mile off. lol. But don't worry I'm sure there's loads of born again wannabee's who'll fork out 2grand!:blast. It'll go with there nice and shiney charlie and ewan dvd set. :ChrisKelly

Back
Top Bottom