First Review - Touratech Companero Adventure Suit

That's some assumption... - I used it in an ironic sense ;).

When you post on what you think simons veiws/intensions are, is this also assuming on their behalf. :confused:

Steptoe...Steptoe, steptoe.... nah there's no point is there? If you are going to start making things up, the magic of communicating on a given point is lost. Enjoy not wearing a TT suit, be happy that you aren't riding for your 8th year around the world.

Steptoe...Steptoe, steptoe.... nah there's no point is there? If you are going to start making things up, the magic of communicating on a given point is lost. Enjoy not wearing a TT suit, be happy that you aren't riding for your 8th year around the world.

You're very pro Touratech, which is a suprise:confused:

You're very pro Touratech, which is a suprise:confused:

Never been anti TT. I like some of their kit. I can't afford some of their kit. I'd not put another penny into TTUK's pocket even if Steptoe donated it to me.

My issue with TTUK was with the owner and the ongoing legal matters are well... ongoing.

Never had a problem with Germany or the other TT locations. Can't judge the suit because I don't have one.
I've met Si and Lisa and seen how hard they work a room to sell a few t shirts which help fund their incredible journey.

What I am against is the sort of comments that set out to belittle these guys because they were chosen to test the suit out. However, if the suit falls to bits and Si and Lisa carry on enthusing, then I'll be happy to join in with the criticism that has been laid on them already, before they've done little more than pull the damn thing on (something they themselves make very clear).

Pricing policy at TTUK... well I gave you all a link to the Facebook, so you can make your feelings known. I made my feelings known when I worked there. I no longer work there.

What I found most difficult to overcome was that when i joined, no one at TTUK was an adventure rider... racing across the Dakar is a totally different riding style to travelling around with the intention of exploring places, meeting people and experiencing different cultures.
I do like the guys at Adventurebikewarehouse... now they do seem to get it, because they've done it.

1,700+ views and whinging comments...the computer riders never fail to disappoint:clap
:rolleyes::blast

What I am against is the sort of comments that set out to belittle these guys because they were chosen to test the suit out. .

No point in beating around the bush.
What i'm against is the sort of review that takes me for some kind of a ****, even if i am :D.

No point in beating around the bush.
What i'm against is the sort of review that takes me for some kind of a ****, even if i am :D.

And to do that, you have to believe that Si and Lisa are liars. Now tell me that's not belittling and I'm assuming that this isn't irony (by-the-way irony and belittling are not mutually incompatible).

All I've said is that people like new things, I like new things... now and this is probably the umpteenth time you'll chose to ignore this part, if the suit proves to be crap and they still say it's great, then there are problems. So far they like the fit.

Is it worth 2 grand? That's subjective and depends how much you want or lust after one. Personally I don't like the way it looks. However Steptoe, only time will tell. It may be the greatest suit ever and even with TTUK prices prove to be a bargain. In which case I'll have missed out and you'll owe everyone an apology.

Let's wait and see.

And to do that, you have to believe that Si and Lisa are liars. Now tell me that's not belittling and I'm assuming that this isn't irony (by-the-way irony and belittling are not mutually incompatible).

All I've said is that people like new things, I like new things... now and this is probably the umpteenth time you'll chose to ignore this part, if the suit proves to be crap and they still say it's great, then there are problems. So far they like the fit.

Is it worth 2 grand? That's subjective and depends how much you want or lust after one. Personally I don't like the way it looks. However Steptoe, only time will tell. It may be the greatest suit ever and even with TTUK prices prove to be a bargain. In which case I'll have missed out and you'll owe everyone an apology.

Let's wait and see.

You must buy a lot of stuff if you believe reviews like that, do you visit the shopping channels much? :D:D

How much does Lamble PR charge per hour?

Trippy, do you know what, all I'm after these days is a bit of fairness.

I'm just getting a little more than p!55ed off with the sort of smug armchair derogatory comments based on no evidence or facts that espouse that this or that is right because it's someone's vacuous opinion.

With this suit, someone will buy one and then give a report... will that be dismissed if they say it's good, because someone who has forked out near £2k won't want to appear to have bought rubbish?

At what point does anyone actually decide, "you know what, I don't know these people, I don't know the product, so I might just give them a chance? Let's see what happens before I gob off and lay into them"

It's spiteful. It's negative and ill informed. It's mean spirited and unfortunately it's what's accepted as being the norm. And I for one am getting very tired of it.

You must buy a lot of stuff if you believe reviews like that, do you visit the shopping channels much? :D:D

Bobble, I think I do believe them and for reasons I've explained. I do however think I might go and try something on, seek other reports, check my funds and then make a decision based on my evaluations.

I don't have any brand loyalty.

It's spiteful. It's negative and ill informed. It's mean spirited and unfortunately it's what's accepted as being the norm. And I for one am getting very tired of it.

Whats ill informed? The suits £2k, which is an indecent amount for a lot of people to stomach and they've said so here. Which is normal now and always has been. As to mean spirited, TT are a business, should we just drop out pants and get shafted then? Get real.

Whats ill informed? The suits £2k, which is an indecent amount for a lot of people to stomach and they've said so here. Which is normal now and always has been. As to mean spirited, TT are a business, should we just drop out pants and get shafted then? Get real.

2 grand is too much for me too Whatton. I've never grasped the different on-line pricing either and currently work for a company that ships globally with only one price for the products and the only variance being shipping costs, so that aspect of the TT operation is, let's say, "unusual".

Ill informed is that there's more than just the price. Judge only on price and everyone would shop at Aldis. Judge just on price and you wouldn't be riding a BMW.
There's more to making a judgement than price and without anyone (other than Si and Lisa and a few TT execs) having one, how can you be informed enough to pass a valid judgement?

If you can't or don't want to afford one, then that's a choice and not a judgement on the quality or market value. Me, I can't afford one and I don't like the colours, that's my opinion and a choice, but only a choice, a personal choice at that. Si and Lisa may just love yellow and grey, I don't know, so I wont judge them.

Oh and "mean-spirited"... that's in general and not just a reference to peoples attitude to TT.

I'm reading this while on my phone , just off my bike covered in mud and sh** in the Brecons while i'm brewing a cup
Its amazing, i got my suit on , its ok , keeps me warm, safe and for a lot less than £2k, mind you i just put 23 litres of fuel in the bike , how f*** much , oh well at least i'll have £1960 issh pounds left to continue my travels with, without buying that suit., then again i guess those two didn't buy theirs , so how can it be a totally unbiased review Lamble, i dont thinks so....

I'm off out to earn a few bob.

Can I suggest folks drop an email to Si and Lisa

http://www.2ridetheworld.com/

and ask them how they are getting on with the suit?

I don't have one. I won't be getting one. I don't need one.

Ask them if their video was little more than pointing out the features of the suit at this stage and how well it fits them?

Try that as a means of getting some info first hand.
Granted you may still not be able to afford one, or decide that even if you can, that you'd rather not...

Alternatively, you can accuse them of being sell out liars under the corporate thumb.

Whichever works for you.

"you know what, I don't know these people, I don't know the product, so I might just give them a chance? Let's see what happens before I gob off and lay into them"

I have met them, and ridden with them. :augie About 6 years ago if i remember correctly. But i didn't buy any T shirts.....

someone had to asked...:blast

as the dragon's would say I can't see this product adding anything to my trip so I guess I'm out....:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom