First Review - Touratech Companero Adventure Suit

aren't you bored yet ?

I was thinking that the other day too.

Eight years riding a motorbike, sleeping in tents and looking at stuff, I would be.

What are your longer term plans? You must have been to loads of places where you could see yourself settling down ... where's top of the list?

Would you be tempted to go on an organised group trip?

Have you considered running your own tours a bit like the Saunders, Sander and Helge have?

I was thinking that the other day too.

Eight years riding a motorbike, sleeping in tents and looking at stuff, I would be.

What are your longer term plans? You must have been to loads of places where you could see yourself settling down ... where's top of the list?

Hi Trippy!
good question...and 'no' I love our life. and this is how we live our life (its how we have decided to live our lives and we realise its a bit different to the norm!)
we go different places, meet different people every single day and dont regret a single day. I also love my tent! I know, I know....weird! But its become my home. I think that we are lucky as we travel as a couple and so where ever we are becomes our home, however, temporary. Please dont vomit just yet!! ;)

We love learning about the world we live in, and looking at stuff! forming our own opinions about countries and people of different cultures around the World rather than relying on what the news programs and journalists of each country tell us! thats just us and what we enjoy.

so where have we thought about settling down....ohhh..sooo many places! however, if I had to name one it would probably be Argentina , North West. :)

Would you be tempted to go on an organised group trip?

Have you considered running your own tours a bit like the Saunders, Sander and Helge have?

Hi Lamble. No I would not go on an organised tour now. however, if I were not travelling with Simon and had not been on the road for so long I would be tempted to take an organised tour for the first few times.

as to running our own tours...we have no idea when we will finish or even where we will end up, let alone any ideas of running tours! :)

Thanks Steptoe, apologies gratefully accepted. It's sad to say that the more we read your respsonses the more sure we became that you were confusing us for Simon & Monika Newbound. Lisa and I are so glad we got that cleared up as we're very different individuals:augie:thumb

Nah that confusion should never have come about, for a start I don't believe even now after so many years, a corner of this site would be devoted to that particular couple :toungincheek

I've a picture somewhere of me carving out the image on a cock on a frosty bike seat back on some brrrrrrrr cold Sunday morning in Feb 2003 in Hampshire - some loved up couple were having some 'couple time' in their Hilleberg tent (I think they paid for it but it might have been another freebie :toungincheek) whilst I was getting creative with their bike seats.

Some time soon after they were off and I looked forward to seeing them in 18 months time, but they never came :(

From time to time we bump in to each other electronically, notable occasions for us both, I might have got to the Ace Cafe late due to my fully loaded GS not being able to squeeze down the traffic on the North Circ, them telling Simon had broken his neck - same shit different time zones :toungincheek

Years later they still haven't come back, I admire they are doing what they wanted to do, maybe they admire me for doing the same cos who's to say we're not all doing what we want to do :nenau

The suit? Like everyone else they won't do it in my size, if it came to them FOC good luck to them and every other opportunity they turn to their advantage.

Looks like I'll need to meet them at their home at this rate, until then bon chance and what happened in a living room in Southend back in 2003 remains our secret :D

so where have we thought about settling down....ohhh..sooo many places! however, if I had to name one it would probably be Argentina , North West. :)

Me too loved it on our GLOBEBUSTERS tour, very nearly stayed there.:(

Lisa how many tents have you gone through, a new tent must be like a NEW home :D

Oh and I remember very well meeting you both at Batties house we all slept in his office, a test day for your gear packing and putting away stuff, a WORLD AWAY now, I have traveled a bit from those first days, but always ended up back home, in the arms of Mrs B.

oH I only married her for her very short n*2

..my new homes!

Bakerman...remember it well...and it just doesnt seem that long ago.

we are on our 3rd tent.
the first one we debated long and hard about because Hilleberg are not cheap. but it was to be (and still is ) our home.
we had a replacement sent to us after we experienced some pole breakages that damaged the material of the tent. We spoke to Hilleberg and they sent us replacment poles as fast as they could (they had researched and altered the way they made the poles) and then later on we had the tent replaced by them due to the damage sustained.
this tent then went with us through many hard environments until we experienced our last strange problem - our tent shrunk! yeah - i kinow this sounds weird. we battled for weeks in the Gobi desert and then afterwards to insert the tent poles, finally resorting to collapsing part of the pole and therefore shortening its length. we finally manged to send it back to Hilleberg and asked their advice. they were amazed and took it in to do tests. we got another in return, no questions asked.
since then no further problems.

yep - its rained.

hi forry
yes - its rained loads and loads....
but we have been off the road for quite a few weeks.
Mid August I had the terrible and shocking news that my father had died.

A few weeks before Simon had had an accident.
he's OK but the bike needed work.
that work is now almost complete (yes, it needed a lot)
but I have been quite ill since the news of my father.....and riding has not been an option.
now - however -things are getting back online so - this weather report on the over-suits will make its way here when we've managed to do it. :)

cheers

OK, I'm a bit behind the times and have only just read this thread. My 2p's worth:

- Good on yer for travelling the world for 8 years on a shoestring, but not my cup of tea. :)
- Nothing wrong with the videos and editing... very professional.
- too professional in fact. Your review looks wholly paid for by TT
- very naive to review a product without making it clear that you're not in it for the money or sponsorship.
- I prefer reviews that consider price as a factor. I'm happy to pay good money for good kit, but its all relative isn't it?
- You say categorically that you're not being paid by TT, but it is pretty darn easy to argue that you you have received £4k's worth of Suit (no grudges held, but just trying to be clear here)
- any review of a "gift" will be biased differently to one that has been bought, we all know that, so you should make it clear from the outset so there is no ambiguity. (and this thread would have probably never kicked off!)
- Just because TT didn't make a contract with your or ask you to make the film, you have become their marketing tool by accepting them. As a commercial enterprise, you must assume they will take advantage wherever possible. (I wonder how much stuff Charlie and Ewan actually bought, and how many contracts were in place. Not much of either I reckon, but as a company, its a marketing no-brainer and the cheapest exposure possible.)

- Go on making and posting videos, just think carefully about product useage and reviews. I'd recommend either using it to your advantage (perhaps TT would have paid you good money for that review), or being ultra clear from the outset. (Have a look at Geekbrief TV to see some pretty clear and impartial techonology reviewing by amatuers that eventually got sponsored for it).
- start new threads if you want to ask more questions! :)

- Sorry to hear about your old man, your illness and Simons accident. Hope all is back on track and wish you all the best.

Back
Top Bottom