Chandlers, Brighton

What sort of staff are they advertising for?

here is the wording

JOIN OUR TEAM AT CHANDLERS BMW MOTORRAD.

We are on the hunt to recruit an additional BMW Motorrad Sales Executive for our busy BMW Bikes showroom in Brighton.

Although experience is good, what we are really after is a ‘can do’ attitude coupled with a real love for two wheels and of course, bags of enthusiasm.

If you think you are the one we are looking for or might even know of someone that would be perfect for the role, please get in touch as we would love to have a little chat.

You can expect great working conditions and a highly competitive remuneration will be offered to the successful candidate.

Send your CV to recruitment@chandlers-bmw.co.uk detailing your career history and why we should consider you for this role.

Chandlers

Think that is a good move he deserves a good backup team around him, well done chris see ya again sometime.

Dave:thumb

Gone and so am I

So in the last couple of months Emmet, Chris and Mark have left. Also their front-of-house guy and all the service engineers have also left. What's going on when the whole team of last summer has moved on and yet they proudly advertise that they are souths "BMW Dealer of the Year".
Went in there over the weekend to book a service for both myself and wifes. There was only one chap there (from the tin-top department) and he knew nothing at all about their two wheel portfolio. Then to top it all off I found out that they have no bike technicians on site and are using their car mechanics to do the servicing!!!!! and still expected you to pay BM prices.
So have decided to vote with my feet and even though Bahn's is a couple of hours away would rather that than be rogered by expensive incompetence.

So in the last couple of months Emmet, Chris and Mark have left. Also their front-of-house guy and all the service engineers have also left. What's going on when the whole team of last summer has moved on and yet they proudly advertise that they are souths "BMW Dealer of the Year".
Went in there over the weekend to book a service for both myself and wifes. There was only one chap there (from the tin-top department) and he knew nothing at all about their two wheel portfolio. Then to top it all off I found out that they have no bike technicians on site and are using their car mechanics to do the servicing!!!!! and still expected you to pay BM prices.
So have decided to vote with my feet and even though Bahn's is a couple of hours away would rather that than be rogered by expensive incompetence.

Yep, all agreed. I'll be heading for Vines for my servicing.

PS I think Mark has gone to P&H in Crawley.

Cheers
Jimmy

the one and only time i used brighton, this is how they left the bike after a tyre change.

chandlerstool2.jpg

it was dark when i picked it up and dark when i left the next morning, found it when i had parked up on the channel at the start of my trip. It was wedged in there so i guess the mechanic thought it was best to leave it than try to get it out.

Last edited:
Just to Say a Big heads up for Chandlers Dealership in Brighton . Bought a C600 Sport from them . Had an issue with a fork seal , fixed within 24 hours .Loan bike given , I ran it out of petrol ,thought it was faulty , turns out it has traction control !!!!! Great team there .Thank you guys . Thanks Rory :thumb

Timely post. Rory is a top bloke, they've finally got somebody properly useful on the service desk, after a succession of numpties.

Cheers
Jimmy

I purchased a jacket from Rory at Chandlers a few weeks ago.:thumb Top bloke, top service.:beerjug:

chandlers

Hi

Just bought a 2012 GSA from the guys at chandlers,they gave me a really good price on my part x,pleasure to deal with,Big thanks to Andrew,Martin and Rory.

Dave:thumb

You were lucky, they wanted 2000 pounds more than vines did when I swapped my 2012 triple black for a new 90th GSA.

Jokers I thought.:aidan

Absolutely useless...

Wanted the BMW GPS clamp mount for R1200GSA. I got the part number off this site and phoned them on Friday. Girl that answers the phone (cars and bikes) explains there's nobody in the parts department (!!), but someone will call back.

Which 'someone' does - only it's a bloke who says "I don't really know much about the bikes..." Not a good start, but as I have the part number, he SHOULD be able to find it. So over goes the part number and the reply is... "Yes, we have one in stock". Good thought I, they are only 20 minutes away.

So, over I go on Saturday, walk through the pi**ing rain to Parts, and am greeted by a bloke who says, "I don't really know much about the bikes..." Not surprised thought I, as a quick look around revealed not a single bike-related item. Plenty of kit to polish your Mini, but no bike stuff. Never mind, thought I, all I have to do is give him the magic part number. Which he pronounces is NOT in stock. "Are you sure?", says I. "Hang on," he says "what was that number again?"

This time he finds it, and it's in stock! Yippee! So off he goes upstairs... and comes down to tell me it IS in stock... but doesn't exist. Nada, nowt, not there...

Right, thinks I, time for the Canbus GPS cable trick. So I give him the parts numbers (plural - BMW have recently changed it). "Oh no" says he "we can order it, but we don't keep it in stock." Not even one, I enquire? "No, we don't keep it in stock".

"Why not?" says I. "Because, we don't sell any of them" came the frankly unbelievable reply. I pointed out the veritable Catch-22 situation, but it was pointless. I could hear the 'whooshing' noise as it went WAY over his head...

"Perhaps the bike showroom have the clamp?", says the ever-helpful Parts man. "You're kidding, right?" says I. But he's serious - anything to get rid of me. So with a cheery wave (not really), it's out into the pi**ing rain again and over to the bike showroom.

Lots of bikes, one salesman, no customers. "I don't suppose you have a BMW GPS clamp for the 1200 Adventure lying around here do you?", says I. After the 'deer-in-the-headlights' look subsided, I was assured that they certainly did NOT have it. "We have bikes and a few clothes and that's IT" BOASTED the salesman...

Even if my barge-pole was a thousand miles long, I wouldn't touch them...

Muppets. First and last...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just heard that Rory, the very excellent motorrad service advisor at Chandlers, is leaving. That's a great shame, his predecessors were all numpties, and Rory has been absolutely brilliant. Wishing him the best of luck with his future endeavours.

Had my GSA serviced at Chandlers today
Top notch service
Rory is back plus Emma on the service desk who is great
Very professional, and reasonable bill £180 for an annual service
Had an R1200R naked loan bike which was really fun, and great on a hot day like today
My feeling is that they really care .Looking forward to getting my scrambler from them in September
Well worth a look if you are in Sussex

Back
Top Bottom