Project bike advice

:clap

Top job.

How´s the SP Project ?
I have taken the GS off my lift to do some work on the Guzzi,oil change ,a few oil leaks and fit a sump extension I have been given.I am going to the dragon rally next month and would like to take the Guzzi,but have my 1200 as a back up if my plan goes pear shaped:beer:

Superb work
Please teatch me about one thing
When everybody made a longer swing arm, they trash the spring on the drive shaft. Why ?
I've put a springed drive shaft and swing arm on a /5, up and down shift goes without the "klong", softer gear changes that is for me better on mud trails.
So for me this spring shock gives some good thing. So why trash it ?
I have extended my swing arm by 75mm and have used the original spring shock absorber,I did not see any advantage in removing the spring.

Belting job lewisjohn - really well done and must give you some satisfaction :thumb2

I rather like the blasting cabinet. Did you have a set of plans or a dimensioned drawing or do you just make it up? Just ordinary perspex for the window? What about the long rubber gloves? Internal light? Did you fit a seal to the side door to prevent dust escaping? The bike is excellent BTW.

I rather like the blasting cabinet. Did you have a set of plans or a dimensioned drawing or do you just make it up? Just ordinary perspex for the window? What about the long rubber gloves? Internal light? Did you fit a seal to the side door to prevent dust escaping? The bike is excellent BTW.
I didn't use plans just made it up as I went along,I used ordinary 6mm Perspex for the window,bought the .gloves on beat for a tenner .THe light inside is a battery powered strip light from B&Q,I also have a slotted 40mm plastic pipe in the top of the cabinet connected to a vacumn cleaner for dust extraction,the door is going to be fitted with a seal as the dust does escape .Thanks for the comment about the bike,nearly finished now.

Latest news

Nearly finished now,only the wiring and a few odds and ends left to do,I'm pretty good at mechanical and fabrication jobs,but find electrics a dark art,so I have the "Ferret" coming in on Monday to do a complete rewrite using a custom built loom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 780
Nearly finished now,only the wiring and a few odds and ends left to do,I'm pretty good at mechanical and fabrication jobs,but find electrics a dark art,so I have the "Ferret" coming in on Monday to do a complete rewrite using a custom built loom

That looks cracking:beerjug:

Your wrong about the electrics, the trick is to break it down into individual circuits, the paralaver bikes are more difficult, but early bikes easy,

If I was getting someone to wire it I would make sure they relay'd the ignition switch, I have not wired a Bmw, but the guzzi I rewired had all the power going through the switch!

well i love it,that to me looks like everything a bike should be,just awesome engineering,simplicity in its layout and great to look at...:bow

finished yet?

Hows the build,eagerly awaiting some pictures of that beast finished.......:bow

top job that man wish i had not posted a build im undertaking now ive seen that ,as i can tell you now it wont be as good as that . .............................................................skulks away with tail between legs

Lovely job, very nice indeed, I have no skills whatsoever in this area, so very impressive!

Not starting

I now have a starting problem,I've had the bike completely rewired using brand new connector blocks, fuse box,HT leads,plugs etc ,coil ,reg,beancan,charging system etc all checked,and brand new Mikunis carbs.When I try to start the bike it try's to start on one cylinder,but won't run,I've tried with a little fuel down the plug hole of the dead cylinder and it will fire for a short while and then dies.I am now at a loss to what the problem is,any advice gratefully received.:nenau

Back
Top Bottom