Number plate storage unit

Hi Guys,
Just fitted mine.
Decided not to fit ALL the 3 screws through the plastic motorcycle number plate mount / mudguard assembly as little worried that if I do put a bit too much weight in the new number plate storage unit / safe, that it might, with our great UK roads! sprain it a bit, it might not but heh, it wont now!
Purchased a stainless P-clip off ebay (Mikalor W4 304 Stainless 18mm P Clips - 20mm Band) and fitted that around the frames holding the panniers securing it with a stainless bolt through the bottom of the storage box, and the 2 bolts at the top through the number plate mounting bracket. The storage unit is solid!!! Fabulous bit of kit. Just wondering what to put in it now :)

Attachments

• p-clip2.jpg
    p-clip2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 838
Fitted

Had my box (oo-er) fitted by Mark yesterday so heres a few photos:

Mark's and his family are a really nice , friendly bunch , made me n missus tea / coffee and fitted it in probably 20mins all told. I'm really pleased with the unit, does exactly what i wanted it to do, well made and seems good and sturdy and well thought out. As with others, when touring with missus etc, you need all the space you can get!!

Pictures show, tyre plugger, elec pump, large xena alarm etc........have also just put in torx set and allen key set.......dont think the weight will be an issue but will probably fit a 'p' clip just to make sure. I also painted the lock black to detract attention . Doesnt interfere with panniers on in any way.

Thanks again Mark for fitting and product!! Nice to meet you and i'll send the pannier net details through..........cheers Chris:thumb

Attachments

• box side2.jpg
    box side2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 823
  • box side1.jpg
    box side1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 825
  • box closed.jpg
    box closed.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 823
  • box open.jpg
    box open.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 824
  • box close up.jpg
    box close up.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 824
Number Plate Box

Recently used mine for 500 mile trip via 14 countries through Eastern Europe and return. Excellent piece of kit for securely hiding stuff. Great storage pace for carrying puncture repair kit etc. Like mine a lot. On my return I power hosed the bike and the box remained water tight. This is a superbly made piece of kit. Well done.

Hi Guys, here are a few pics of a fitting I did a few weeks ago for Jed. I have 16 units left from the first batch, which are still priced at £79 + £4.50 p&p (recorded). After this batch has gone they will be available from official retailers but will then also come with the attached cost to selling them this way, so if you fancy one at this price then PM me and i'll get one out to you ASAP.

Ive split it into two post to show more pics:friday

Cheers, Mark:thumb2

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 748
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 754
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 749
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 742
More pics...

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 742
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 744
  • 09.JPG
    09.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 742
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 760
Hi Guys, here are a few pics of a fitting I did a few weeks ago for Jed.

Just to repeat - really chuffed with mine and a great fitting job by Mark.

Mark - whats your web address as people keep asking me about it.

Hi Jed, my web page is off line at the moment but it should be up and running in the next few weeks.
When it is back on line:type, the address is "www.kompactour.com".... but for now if you want to contact me, my email is "markcorry@msn.com" or Pm me on here or if you want you can pass my number on which is 07837993494.

Cheers Jed: and thanks for all of the positive comments on here.:thumb2

I've got loads more products to develop but i'm think that a "bagette holder" :blast might be a bit of way off yet as suggested by the lovely wife of Chris (Villain15):thumb2:D

Thanks Mark.
BTW - my missus does some web dev on the side if you need a site developed pm me.

May do Jed. I've done a couple of basic pages but if its going to get more complicated and time consuming then i may just take you up on your offer...:type:thumb2

PM sent. Put me down for one as well please.

Heads Up for Mark

Got mine in time to fit it before a trip to Stelvio and other great Euro roads. Works perfectly and easy to fit too. I went down the P clip route too, makes it feel more secure on my 1150GSA. Actually got the box for my up-coming trip through Africa and I'm sure it'll keep prying eyes away from my important stuff. Painting the lock was a good idea too! Nice job Mark
Dave :thumb

It would be nice to see pics of these with items in them, just for extra ideas what people are using them to carry. Mine is still empty, but won't be next month when we are off to the Pico's.
IAn

Any pics would be great for my portfolio. I carry tools, some basic first aid Kit, bulbs, spare mobile, and some emergency cash and a credit card and duplicate copies of my docs...whats your plans for it Ian? I know one is being used for a POV HD camera set up.

Also guys if you want me to take a look at any other add ons i will gladly welcome the input. I have a few more ideas which are on the go so i'll keep you all posted. :thumb2

Marc - I fitted mine this week and I too am a little worried (after filling it with tools and crap) the weight may be a problem for the main plate bracket. I have no real justification for this other than gut feel. But I would welcome a fitting like someone has done to attach the bottom of it to the pannier bracket (if fitted). If you sell them, let me know.

Mark,
Don't know yet. Possibly 1st aid kit, spare bulb (only need one apparently for the GS with all the LED indicators etc), copies of docs and maybe puncture kit. Shame my tyre compressor wouldn't fit as well :).
Ian

Hi guys, i'll look at adding some 'P' clips as an option...would you guys say 20mm is a standard size for most pannier frames?

plus i've just got around to making a couple of different LED lighting kits and different mounts if you wanted to add this to be 100% safe from Mr plod. I'm going to get some properly prototyped next week and i'll stick some snaps on to show the options.

Mark,
Don't know yet. Possibly 1st aid kit, spare bulb (only need one apparently for the GS with all the LED indicators etc), copies of docs and maybe puncture kit. Shame my tyre compressor wouldn't fit as well :).
Ian

Ian... I can certainly knock you something up if you are struggling to fit it on the bike. Pm me the dimensions and i'll get my thinking cap on...:type

Back
Top Bottom