Fuel consumption of my bike is really bad :(

nofacemonster

about a week back i bought a Yamaha XT225 Serow for my day to day use because people i know who has it has a great fuel consumption which is like 38 - 40KMPL. but my bike only does around 22. I cleaned the carburetor, installed new air cleaner sponge, put new pair of pilot and main jets (original Yamaha), but still no luck. I tuned the carburetor to best i can. I turned the fuel screw all the way in and gave it 3 turns, that wast too much fuel so i ended up in Half turn where it doesn't get the spark plug like a chimney black. The needle also turned to top close position. but still the bike is only doing around 22 to 25KMPL max. And the power of the bike has decreased a lot.

Only thing that is left to change it's exhaust system. it has a modified aluminum super-trapp like exhaust system. I was just wandering if this is the cause of my bikes fuel problem. It has a adjustable out so i closed it to make it sound more like the stock exhaust. but still no help.

What would you suggest? Put an stock exhaust and give it a try?

Thanks a lot for reading. :nenau

The easiest stuff first.
I'd go carefully on how much you baffle (close) the exhaust as too much back pressure is worse than no pressure at this time.
Check whether the choke is closed properly.

Check hose connection - carb to intake - for leaks.

Adjusting the carb before sorting out the above will just lead to more problems.
If possible then have someone who knows how to set the carb do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom