Rides

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Any volunteers to lead a road ride on Saturday morning? Plenty to see and visit in the Peak District, but always good to have someone who knows where to go at the front:Motomartin

Ride Out

Hi Bryn,

If required on Saturday morning.

Will gladly lead a ride out , will include a stop for lunch. Many routes in me head ,will sort something with lots of variety . A route with many views.

Away from this Saturday until the week before Ripley Event. Will post more details when back from Dolomites.

Let me know if i should plot a course:thumb.

Andrew

Bryn,
Have found time to put a White and Dark Peaks route together

Can you tell me how to post mapsource gbd and gpx files.

Have spent an hour looking round for a method. Am pasting into word and then into forum, tried from google chrome and latest iexplorer .
Ta

Looks like you've done it? :beerjug:
volunteer for tail end charlie would be appreciated :Motomartin

Whatton came to my assistance in GPS bit of Forum:clap:bow
Tried to upload Gpx file said it was too big.
May tweek out Wormhill and include Tideswell and excellent eating gaff Vanilla Kitchen:drool

Very good route :clap :clap :clap

Well done Andrew :thumb2

Thanks Mick I think anyone not familiar with the Peaks will really enjoy this one.
So come on if your not going on MickDB1 off road bimble shake a leg and join a ride out and see some fantastic scenery.
You will not be disappointed on either trip.:JB:JB:thumb

Happy to volunteer for tail end charlie duty. :beerjug:

Hello MikeyB, thanks for stepping in. Look forward to meeting you.

Aiming to ride the route on Sunday 4th Sept from Lumb Farm at 11am or failing that Monday 5th September at 11am. Iron out any hiccups.

Am away in the Dolomites till then and as Julies not home at present ive made an executive decision to extend my holiday by one day.:D
Any excuse for another ride:bounce1

Is that the door,,,,,, shes home:hide

Andrew

Brin, Andy and others.

Did this route yesterday.
Set off at 4pm from Chesterfield, picked up the route just north of Holymoorside and arrived back home at 8.30 and that was a steady ride.

Andy, it's a very, very good route mate, really nice country roads (Plenty of tractors about on single track roads :eek:) great scenery and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just a couple of thoughts.
1) A run up by ladybower to the fairholmes cafe ? bit of a tourist trap these days but still a nice scenic run for those unfamiler with the area? (even nicer when there's water:eek:!
2) I can organise a brew and biscuit stop for everone in Holymoorside if you wish?

Regards
Andy
:D

Hey up Andy Dazchallenge and anyone else interested
The fairholmes cafe/cyclestop is open all weekend
If you want to take yer bike all the way to the end of the "top reservoir" you can only do this midweek = These "dams" were the ones used for the practicing before the dropping of the bouncing bombs in WW2 If yer get up there friday afternoon / evening theres a great photo pic available of whatever you can get in between the two towers of the dam wall
If yer follow
Someone that I have showd it too will no doubt come up with the picture :thumb2

The weather will be grand up there but the midgets come out not long after dusk :D

Brin, Andy and others.

Did this route yesterday.
Set off at 4pm from Chesterfield, picked up the route just north of Holymoorside and arrived back home at 8.30 and that was a steady ride.

Andy, it's a very, very good route mate, really nice country roads (Plenty of tractors about on single track roads :eek:) great scenery and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just a couple of thoughts.
1) A run up by ladybower to the fairholmes cafe ? bit of a tourist trap these days but still a nice scenic run for those unfamiler with the area? (even nicer when there's water:eek:!
2) I can organise a brew and biscuit stop for everone in Holymoorside if you wish?

Just checking in from Sunny Ulm Germany. Still 34deg C and muggy.:Motomartin
Glad you enjoyed route. Not back to Uk till Sat 3rd Sept. May refine if time permits.:thumb

Regards
Andy
:D

Hey up Andy Dazchallenge and anyone else interested
The fairholmes cafe/cyclestop is open all weekend
If you want to take yer bike all the way to the end of the "top reservoir" you can only do this midweek = These "dams" were the ones used for the practicing before the dropping of the bouncing bombs in WW2 If yer get up there friday afternoon / evening theres a great photo pic available of whatever you can get in between the two towers of the dam wall
If yer follow
Someone that I have showd it too will no doubt come up with the picture :thumb2

The weather will be grand up there but the midgets come out not long after dusk :D

Hi Mick tis a wonderful place ,cycles only weekends,that makes it good for families. Is the trail on the left before first dam and cycle hire place still open . The one that goes up through the wood on left.:thumb

So there is a road ride.

Any off road rides? Having said that it will need to be dry, or someone will need to follow me with a video camera as I'm on road tyres this year:D

Dunlop Road Smarts probably don't do mud.

The first trail as you go in on the left is posted as a Bridelway so no
As you go up to the end dam just past the No Vehicles at weekend sign there is a very good trail though a gate over to Hagg farm area
I was told = ONLY TOLD this has been shut
I do not do it any more but it did make a good link to the long lane over Hope cross from the snake pass and down to edale
That lane also is a bit of a " is it int it " Some time last year I was up there talking to a couple of rangers (peak not power) One thought it was tuther didnt want to say owt other than the lane down to the right at Hope cross ( from Edale ) was definatly a no no
my reply
Hurts my nuts going down "shit lane" as it was called yonks ago

I am almost sure Gary "Skygod" will be with us for the doo he will be hardcore trails after his jolly in US :thumb2
There is a definitive map of derbyshire available online

Mick :thumb2

If you get there early Kev I am out Friday ( Thursday too if required )
I will ride whatever is required :thumb2

Thanks for that info Mick, will catch up with you Friday at Ripley late afternoon ish. Having me own adventure in a flash storm Dolomites. Hail today and a lockup on Diesel descending the Guia Pass in Italy. Exciting stuff. See you soon.

Back
Top Bottom