R80st register - your photos please

I paid £3100 for mine less about £100 for a few bits I've sold on. It's a 10 footer (i.e. it looks good from 10 foot away) no real horrors discovered yet but I've only been up & down the road on it once so far. Yours looks ok from that pic. The big tank suits it.
My XS seems to lower it's oil level by itself, no smoke or leaks but there's no point in filling it beyond the minimum mark as it just disappears. That's why the spacer seemed a good idea. Rick has gone quiet on me now regarding the stand bracket unfortunately.

I told Rick about this conversation, he is so busy sorting things out , I am messing around currently with the same dilemma on another bike, I will tell you how I get on

oh my bike is most definitely a 10 footer, it is without doubt the dirtiest bike I have ever worked on, every single thing was covered in a layer of oil and dirt then more oil and dirt, I bet I lost 20lbs just cleaning it

sold the big tank 2 nights ago for £200, I have the hard luggage if anyone wants it, took the crash bars off, the hand guards, and the rear rack

but it looks ok, and will be ready for summer

forks are at Maxton, new cartridges and rear shock, new tyres today, the ones on it were 2003

My St is just about ready to come of the lift for a shake down run , now we can

Attachments

• IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 434
The bike is a 29000 miler and in good unrestored shape , the tank has lost the pin stripeing in the usual places and has a few signs of use:) , I am undecided as to paint it or not , I will see how it runs through the summer , I may treat it in the winter to a new paint / or not ! . the guy who painted my little honda did a cracking job , so it is tempting

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 416
Ahem. Might want to put some caps on the plugs before you try to start it :D

Looks good though.

That was a test for the apprentice looking on , he failed again ! he has been known to bark up the wrong tree now and again .

Took the old girl out today for a shake down run , fairly pleased with the result , cruising and top end all ok . it bit lumpy at tick over and the revs are sometimes slow to drop, when off throttle ?

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 694
Took the old girl out today for a shake down run , fairly pleased with the result , cruising and top end all ok . it bit lumpy at tick over and the revs are sometimes slow to drop, when off throttle ?

Same problem on my 1978 R80/7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same problem on my 1978 R80/7

c8c507aadfe2833070700a09113a1caf.jpg

Looking Good

here's mine recently.

I bought it at the end of last October, it was complete shed, the dirtiest pile of junk I have seen, I was truly mugged !!

I binned all the junk, luggage, wrong tank, crashed bars, racks.... la la la and then did some engine work, cam, more compression, Mikuni carbs, 44mm inlet valves, welded the chambers up, etc.

fitted a 4 pot Brembo and machined the disc adaptor and bracket to fit, Maxton suspension all round

Lithium iron phosphate battery in a battery box hidden under the seat.

should be a nice light ride now.

Howard

binned the indicators since this photo was taken, and added a spacer to the airbox for more volume

Attachments

• ST  (1).jpg
    ST (1).jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 579
More impressive is the 2 stroke conversion with the inlet manifold on the barrels! Very cool ;-)

here's mine recently.

I bought it at the end of last October, it was complete shed, the dirtiest pile of junk I have seen, I was truly mugged !!

I binned all the junk, luggage, wrong tank, crashed bars, racks.... la la la and then did some engine work, cam, more compression, Mikuni carbs, 44mm inlet valves, welded the chambers up, etc.

fitted a 4 pot Brembo and machined the disc adaptor and bracket to fit, Maxton suspension all round

Lithium iron phosphate battery in a battery box hidden under the seat.

should be a nice light ride now.

Howard

binned the indicators since this photo was taken, and added a spacer to the airbox for more volume

Just like my first brand new bike! Bought on BMW interest free credit from Jeffries in Shipley. Did us proud that bike!

I can finally post the picture of my finished ST.

b32cc36a14155da2d133d69437a1026b.jpg

Reactions: Gyp

Back
Top Bottom