Exmoor Explorer 4th-6th May 2012

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Here it is, Exmoor Explorer - May Bank Holiday 4th – 6th May 2012 :JB

This will be the first year at this new venue, but I’m not looking to run this as an annual event. As stated in my previous Post, I’d like to keep the calendar open for someone else to have a go at running an event, and maybe we can revisit North Devon again the following year.

If you’re looking to attend, please contact Zena Harris at Yeo Valley Camping to book your pitch (NOTE THE LINKY). Prices are listed below for your perusal, but there’s not a wobbly box price just yet. I’ve emailed Zena to obtain one and will get the info to you as soon as I can.

Please let me know, via PM or this thread, to confirm your booking(s), so I have an idea of how many will be attending.

I’ll also be looking for help, in the form of Ride Leaders. I know of a couple of people and I’ll be in touch with them. I’ll be looking at taking a smallish road group out for a spin and a nice pub lunch, and I will probably also look to take out a walking group on Exmoor for a bit of a yomp to help clear those fuzzy heads on the Sunday. As it’s Bank Holiday, we’ll have plenty of time, but hopefully the roads won’t be too mad, it being the first BH in the season.

Although there is some off road available, don't get your hopes up for the sort of off road you get in Yorksha for instance, this being due to the draconian police state that is Somerset. I do have a mixed road/trail/fords ride mapped (the one i led in 05) and the off road leaders will be getting together for a pint, to compare notes and get a good day out on the bikes up and running.

Please find listed below, the email info i've received from Zena for prices and booking.

Tent on a non electric pitch for 2 nights £10.00

Tent on a non electric pitch for 3 nights £12.50

Wobbly box owners.... price for your hard standing pitch with leccy is the same as a tent; £10 for two nights and £12.50 for three.

If anyone wants to do more nights than this, please discuss your requirements with Zena.

Bed and Breakfast

There are 3 rooms - 2 of which are twin with ensuites, the large twin is normally £60.00 per night including breakfast for 2 people but I will do at £55.00 with breakfast and the small twin is normally £50.00 and I will do that at £45.00 per night with breakfast. the third room is a single with a bathroom across the hall and thats normally £45.00 but will do for £35.00 with breakfast, but I dont do b & B for one night - sorry

Static caravans

Sleep 4 people - one double bed and second bedroom with 2 singles and they will be £50.00 per night for the caravan whether there is 1 or 4 people in it, this does not include breakfast

Sorry but the Kingfisher and Badger Cottages will not be available for May

Breakfast which consists of egg, bacon, tomato, baked beans, mushroom, fried potato, toast and tea or coffee £6.00

Swimming pool £2.00 per head per day

Lunch

We serve burgers, sandwiches, jacket spuds with various fillings, hot meals such as scampi, fish and chips, steak and ale pie, curry etc
Price range from £3.75 - £8.95

Evening meals

At present we have a selection of curries, steak and ale pie, seafood platter, home cooked ham and eggs, gammon steak etc all ranging from £6.50 to £8.95
Plus a specials board where the meals range in price from £6.50 to £7.50

We also operate a take away option which covers burgers, sausages, chips, curries and jacket spuds I cannot guarantee that the menu will be same in May but this gives you an idea on choice and price range - nearer the time I will email a menu if you like.

My little site shop probably wont be open in May but I will have a supply of milk, bread, tea coffee just the bare essentials on the shelf and then I operate if you want it either the site warden or a member of staff will open up for you.

When your guys book I can take payment for their pitch with a card over the phone that’s not a problem I think that’s everything if you require any further info please let me know - one last thing pitches are available from 12 midday and statics and B & B from 3p.m.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to keep the format as simple as possible, you guys book in, turn up, have a nice time and then head home. Ride Leader Volunteers will be muchos appreciatos, and i hope this meeting will give everyone a great time away.

Further Accommodation

Folks, a little Googling has come up with a farmhouse B&B just a short distance from the site. It's Yeo Farm. For those requiring a bit more comfort, and with cash to spare!
I've not spoken to the owners, so give em a ring if you'd like to stay and see if the rooms are available.

There is other accommodation available, but it is further afield (Approximately 2 miles).

London Inn

West Lee Farm

I'm in.:)

Happy to help with off-road riding. I suppose this means that I'm going to have to go and ride around Exmoor over the next few months to check out all the routes. Tough job, but someone will have to do it.:)

Hmmm ...

... last time I looked, South Molton was still in Devon; but once the slight geographic aberrations have been clarified we'll try and find you :thumb

I'm in.:)

Happy to help with off-road riding. I suppose this means that I'm going to have to go and ride around Exmoor over the next few months to check out all the routes. Tough job, but someone will have to do it.:)

Well done Sid, I will bring a bike down and and have a little wobble with you so I'me in too.:thumb2

single room booked :clap :clap :clap

In the diary!
Can't wait:bounce1

We've booked a static van!!

... last time I looked, South Molton was still in Devon; but once the slight geographic aberrations have been clarified we'll try and find you :thumb

Hi Paul,

The campsite's in Devon all right, but the rideouts will take in Somerset as well.:aidan

Polo shirts or Tee shirts

Hey Rich' I hope your doing some MMM special shirts:blast
Who is in favour of a polo shirt instead of normal tee shirts with a tasteful:D:blast:eek: logo to commemorate what will be a memorable occasion:thumb:comfort:clap

:blast...:pullface
will you be bringing Bill & Ben ?

Mide just left our house and has convinced us to go:augie

This will be our first UK event so really looking forward to it:aidan:aidan:aidan

Not sure about Bill and Ben but I guess they'll be along shortly to let us all know;)

Back
Top Bottom