The new Triumph 1200

Like anything really either keep cleaning them and spray them in FS365 or cover them in ACF50 and keep your fingers crossed in the spring

I have a few mates with high mileage ride all year Triumphs and they're fine. They do however all tend to be the older T300 series bikes

that may tempt me back to this style of bike, i may even get decent after sales service too

The huge issue with Triumph is the warranty and dealer back up. They are utter shite in my experience.

I think it's a pure road bike as with the Ducati and won't be a true all rounder like the GS. Still, if you don't want to ride on the rough stuff, it will undoubtedly be a good bike:thumb

The boys in Riders say this bike has BMW twitched - apparently it is very good.

I recall hearing the same about Ducati and Yamaha. Easy to big up a yet to be released bike. Only time and miles ridden will tell the real story. I'm sure the Trumpet will be a good road bike, but pre-launch hype is just that - hype. I also remember how the 1050 Tiger was a GS killer - according to the press when it was released.

I had thought of buying a Triumph in the past but I don't know anyone that has one. As I ride year round I would like to know what the finish is like - how do they fair in winter - anyone know? Triumphs in general that is.

It used to be good on pre 2003 bikes, but since then it has declined as the factory tried to save the pennies. The warranty department at the factory still think they are built as well as the T300 and early T500 range, so they do their best to decline any warranty claims relating to the finish of the bikes, usually blaming the owner for not cleaning the bike properly.

The engine and gearbox look extremely high in the frame. There also seems to be a lot of engine below the crankshaft line, is it a wet sump? Not good, especially off road.

Pics I've seen of the left hand side suggest a left handed paralever set up (as opposed to Guzzi's weird and wonderful arrangement). I wonder if they have licensed this from BMW (assuming the design is patented) or there is some subtle difference that allows Triumph to claim it as their own. Given that this is a big technical milestone for Triumph (the Rocket 3 just using a swing arm), it's surprising there's not more technical info available yet.

Just seen that the weight of the trumpet is 259kg!:blast

I've always fancied a Triumph but have only ever rode the ST1050

A test ride will be very interesting as if it matches the GS in most areas and has more power it might be for me

Not totally sold on the looks but the Adventurer model may look better

Hopefully it'll be at the NEC in both forms

So where do you think the GS stores its oil? :augie

In the wet sump of course:D The difference is that apart from the alternator perched on top of the crankcases there is bugger all above the arc of the crankthrow on a boxer engine. With the Triumph it's a very different story. Rods, pistons, cylinder block, cylinder head, camshaft x 2, valves/springs x 12 and the coolant to keep it all functioning.

So very close to the 1200GSA at 256kg but with more power ;)

That's for the road version. They haven't announced an off road GSA alternative yet, but at this rate it will be knocking on for 300kg.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom