The new Triumph 1200

bogman

Reaction score
I know what im thinking :aidan but I wonder what BMW are thinking looking at this

293391_2313867160841_1074276521_2601781_1662329325_n.jpg

Due for release Nov 19th I think

There may be threads on this but its the first time ive seen a decent picture of one Stonker

Apologies if this link is on the site already

triumph-tiger-explorer-2.jpg

Sweet looking machine, hideous exhaust, wheelbase looks short enough

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2011/October/oct2411-new-triumph-tiger-explorer-revealed/

The new engine, which is also expected to be used in Triumph’s new 1200 Trophy tourer in 2013, features shaft drive (as also employed by the class leading BMW R1200GS and rivals Yamaha’s Super Tenere 1200 and Moto Guzzi’s Stelvio) and is also equipped with traction control, cruise control as well as switchable ABS.

When I went test riding Adventure bikes I wanted the Triple engine but everything else from the BMW. This looks like my dream come true.

Pity the warranty is void if you don't wash it after every other lamp post :blast

If it drinks fuel at the same ratio as the 800 over the gs 800 it will need a big tank JJH

The 800 Triumph is a lot more powerful than the GS800 so id expect it to be a bit thirstier but not much more, still my XC averaged 54.3 liters per 100km over the last 3400km

There's more competition on the way and that cant be bad

2012 V-Strom 1000 and Adventures
If you’ve been paying attention to motorcycling over the last year or so, you already know that big adventure bikes are what all the cool kids are riding these days. So, the big V-Strom—absent from Suzuki’s lineup since 2009—is back for 2012, complete with its fuel-injected, 996cc, 90-degree V-Twin engine, a 5.8-gallon fuel tank and a $10,399 price tag.

For those who really want to live the dream, Suzuki now offers what it calls V-Strom Adventures in either 650 or 1000cc sizes. The bikes are delivered pre-rigged with some of the equipment you’d add to circumnavigate the globe; adventurous-looking hard bags, engine guards and numerous other items are all part of the deal. The 650 version lists for $9799, the 1000 for $10,999.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/10/24/2012-suzukis-resume-speed-first-look/

That's hardly a recommendation ...

?... still my XC averaged 54.3 liters per 100km over the last 3400km

... at just over 5mpg :blast Can we assume you meant 5.43 l/100km ?

There may be threads on this but its the first time ive seen a decent picture of one Stonker

I wasn't having a go btw mate jusy observing. In of the other threads, there were pics.

After selling my GS after a well publicised bust up with BWM, I have been longing for a replacement. The KTM came close but I just find it so fugly and don't like chains so I've held off. I have been running a Versys for a couple of years which is an amazingly capable bike for what it is. I was looking at buying a Stelvio in the spring but this bike is seriously turning my head...

Triumph Tiger 1200

Looks great apart from thet ugly silencer should take them from the speed triple

Don't like the wheels but obviously it will be offered with spoked wheels as an option, and most new bike exhausts are ugly these days.

And why the Fek don't manufacturers put side panels on bikes anymore??, it looks sh1te :barf , as though it has rolled out of the factory and they have forgot to put the side panels on, makes the bike look totally unfinished:nenau

Much as I like the looks it gives me the impression it is still far more road biased than the stock GS (As was the 1050)

I have got to like the GS and the ability to fly down tracks and unpaved roads and crash through pot-holes to the point where I am rapidly going off anything less dual purpose than the GS.

It looks like 3 distinct camps with the Triumph goinng up against the new Honda as road biased bikes, with the GS, Tenere and KTM Adventure being the only options for a true dual purpose bike and the MTS trying to take the SMT's nutters bike crown.

Will definately test the Triumph and Honda, but suspect it will be Tenere Vs GS for me.

I was told by our local triumph dealer earlier in the summer (who claimed to have seen pics of the prototypes on factory visit) ) that it was coming in two forms .

The pictured one appears to be the more biased standard one, the other will be the ADVENTURER version (note the R on the end ) and it will have spoked wheels, taller suspension and a bigger tank (sound familiar ? ).

I had thought of buying a Triumph in the past but I don't know anyone that has one. As I ride year round I would like to know what the finish is like - how do they fair in winter - anyone know? Triumphs in general that is.

Back
Top Bottom